Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by ian9 » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Did all of you JG fans read Gene Grainger's column in the latest Winston
Cup Scene (Vol XXI No. 45 - March 26, 1998, Pg. 67). This is from a guy
who's been around since day 1 of NASCAR and has seen more drivers come
and go than you can shake a stick at. I guess he isn't too impressed
with Jeff Gordon. Let me quote a few lines:

"I know the fans want their drivers to be real, both on and off the
track. I got the picture that Gordon was plastic off the track. If
that's the case, it won't make any difference what he does on the
track."

I too have gotten that impression. That's why he doesn't really impress
me. That's why I also don't have any real respect for him.


 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by r a p p » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Did all of you JG fans read Gene Grainger's column in the
latest Winston
>Cup Scene (Vol XXI No. 45 - March 26, 1998, Pg. 67). This
is from a guy
>who's been around since day 1 of NASCAR and has seen more
drivers come
>and go than you can shake a stick at. I guess he isn't too
impressed
>with Jeff Gordon. Let me quote a few lines:

>"I know the fans want their drivers to be real, both on and
off the
>track. I got the picture that Gordon was plastic off the
track. If
>that's the case, it won't make any difference what he does
on the
>track."

>I too have gotten that impression. That's why he doesn't
really impress
>me. That's why I also don't have any real respect for him.



I funny thing just happened to me...I was reading page 67 of
the Winston cup scene dated march 26 1998 and the piece by
Gene didn't even mention Gordon at all?????
maybe you can explain this to me.......my copy is vol. XXI
no. 41........do they only give
out no. 45 in certain areas?     like dawsonville
hooterville  and mayberry?????
and if they cut out articles in certain places of the
country why ?

and if it is just another sorry attempt to drag TWO time
Winston cup champion Jeff Gordon through the mud don't
bother...his charity work and on track accomplishments speak
for who the real Jeff Gordon is.......
I am serious that my Winston cup scene does not have that in
it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh and I all most forgot .....2nd winner of the WINSTON
MILLION!!!!!!!!!

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by John 'aka' Deliverybo » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Quote:


> >Did all of you JG fans read Gene Grainger's column in the
> latest Winston
> >Cup Scene (Vol XXI No. 45 - March 26, 1998, Pg. 67). This
> is from a guy
> >who's been around since day 1 of NASCAR and has seen more
> drivers come
> >and go than you can shake a stick at. I guess he isn't too
> impressed
> >with Jeff Gordon. Let me quote a few lines:

> >"I know the fans want their drivers to be real, both on and
> off the
> >track. I got the picture that Gordon was plastic off the
> track. If
> >that's the case, it won't make any difference what he does
> on the
> >track."

> >I too have gotten that impression. That's why he doesn't
> really impress
> >me. That's why I also don't have any real respect for him.


> I funny thing just happened to me...I was reading page 67 of
> the Winston cup scene dated march 26 1998 and the piece by
> Gene didn't even mention Gordon at all?????
> maybe you can explain this to me.......my copy is vol. XXI
> no. 41........do they only give
> out no. 45 in certain areas?     like dawsonville
> hooterville  and mayberry?????
> and if they cut out articles in certain places of the
> country why ?

My WCS matches what Ian's does. No.45 pg. 67 it is right there.

Quote:

> and if it is just another sorry attempt to drag TWO time
> Winston cup champion Jeff Gordon through the mud don't
> bother...his charity work and on track accomplishments speak
> for who the real Jeff Gordon is.......

Paranoia will destroy ya!

Quote:
> I am serious that my Winston cup scene does not have that in
> it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> oh and I all most forgot .....2nd winner of the WINSTON
> MILLION!!!!!!!!!

Granger said nothing about on track performance.
Except:
"<Bill Elliott> is still popular although he doesn't win anymore. Will
Gordon be so lucky? Or does he care?"

John

--
NASCAR Video Captures
http://www.webstorage.com/~deliveryboy/index.html
Featuring "Weekend In New Hampshire"
Updated with new 1998 paint schemes
"Anatomy Of A Racing Deal"

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by r a p p » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00


Quote:




Quote:
>> >Did all of you JG fans read Gene Grainger's column in
the
>> latest Winston
>> >Cup Scene (Vol XXI No. 45 - March 26, 1998, Pg. 67).
This
>> is from a guy
>> >who's been around since day 1 of NASCAR and has seen
more
>> drivers come
>> >and go than you can shake a stick at. I guess he isn't
too
>> impressed
>> >with Jeff Gordon. Let me quote a few lines:

>> >"I know the fans want their drivers to be real, both on
and
>> off the
>> >track. I got the picture that Gordon was plastic off the
>> track. If
>> >that's the case, it won't make any difference what he
does
>> on the
>> >track."

>> >I too have gotten that impression. That's why he doesn't
>> really impress
>> >me. That's why I also don't have any real respect for
him.


>> I funny thing just happened to me...I was reading page 67
of
>> the Winston cup scene dated march 26 1998 and the piece
by
>> Gene didn't even mention Gordon at all?????
>> maybe you can explain this to me.......my copy is vol.
XXI
>> no. 41........do they only give
>> out no. 45 in certain areas?     like dawsonville
>> hooterville  and mayberry?????
>> and if they cut out articles in certain places of the
>> country why ?

>My WCS matches what Ian's does. No.45 pg. 67 it is right
there.

>> and if it is just another sorry attempt to drag TWO time
>> Winston cup champion Jeff Gordon through the mud don't
>> bother...his charity work and on track accomplishments
speak
>> for who the real Jeff Gordon is.......

>Paranoia will destroy ya!

>> I am serious that my Winston cup scene does not have that
in
>> it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>> oh and I all most forgot .....2nd winner of the WINSTON
>> MILLION!!!!!!!!!

>Granger said nothing about on track performance.
>Except:
>"<Bill Elliott> is still popular although he doesn't win
anymore. Will
>Gordon be so lucky? Or does he care?"

>John

>--
>NASCAR Video Captures
>http://SportToday.org/~deliveryboy/index.html
>Featuring "Weekend In New Hampshire"
>Updated with new 1998 paint schemes
>"Anatomy Of A Racing Deal"

no shit mine does not have any of that !!!!!!

wait a minute ....oh mine says Feb 26...that might explain
it!!!!!!!!!

and hey get that guy away from my ***!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :-)

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by Sid67 » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Did all of you JG fans read Gene Grainger's column in the latest Winston
>Cup Scene (Vol XXI No. 45 - March 26, 1998, Pg. 67). Let me quote a few
lines:

>"I know the fans want their drivers to be real, both on and off the
>track. I got the picture that Gordon was plastic off the track. If
>that's the case, it won't make any difference what he does on the
>track."


I read the wcs column over again, but it seemed to
me that grainger was criticizing the HBO program
as presenting it in that manner. Tough to tell.

Paul
go Magic Shoes!!

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by Brenda Fr » Tue, 31 Mar 1998 04:00:00

It's obvious Gene Granger doesn't know Jeff Gordon else why does he cite
HBO's program rather than his own experiences with Jeff Gordon? Granger
was taking the Real Sports Show at face value (big mistake there) and
this show did not flatter Gordon, Nascar or any thing about WC racing.
My opinion of the show was that they were trying to make WC sound like
some soap opera, not like a legit sport.  Thank you for posting that
article Ian94, we don't want to miss any unfavorable articles about JG,
do we? And if you don't have anything to cut and paste, just continue
your usual snide, catty remarks.

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by SLR29 » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00


writes:
(snipped)

Quote:
>That's why he doesn't really impress
>me. That's why I also don't have any real respect for him.

Someone ought to let Jeff know about this.  I am sure that he will quit racing
with out Ian's respect.

Ian, you might as well find another sport to follow.  Jeff is still in his
mid-twenties.  That means that he has at least another twenty years or more of
being competitive in WC.  He will also get better the more he drives (real
scary).  Even given a couple of years to have a slump, that is a lot of winning
Jeff is going to do.  He is by no means my favorite driver, but sit back and
enjoy his skill.  Your bitterness is causing you to miss someone who performs
the absolute best at what he does.  This opportunity only comes around once or
twice in one's lifetime.  Don't waste it because you don't "respect" him.  Life
is too short.....
**************************************************************************
Carey Akin, coming to you live from beautiful downtown Pearland, Texas

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by Tom Hanse » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
> I funny thing just happened to me...I was reading page 67 of
> the Winston cup scene dated march 26 1998 and the piece by
> Gene didn't even mention Gordon at all?????
> maybe you can explain this to me.......my copy is vol. XXI
> no. 41........do they only give
> out no. 45 in certain areas?     like dawsonville
> hooterville  and mayberry?????
> and if they cut out articles in certain places of the
> country why ?

Wow - and I thought this was serious.  Gotta remember that I am reading a
post on RASN - where most things said are crap.  /TomH
 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by Ellen Sisk » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Granger said nothing about on track performance.
> Except:
> "<Bill Elliott> is still popular although he doesn't win anymore. Will
> Gordon be so lucky? Or does he care?"

Shows how much Granger knows about the goings-on in WC. Bill Elliott
wins the Most Popular Driver b/c his fan club offers huge prizes, i.e.
race packages, in a contest to encourage the members to vote as often as
possible. I know of no other fan club which does this, though I can say
for sure that Gordon's *does not*.

Sure, Elliott is popular, but the real test is in merchandise sales, not
a stuffed ballot box. And the man at the top in that category is Dale
Earnhardt, followed closely by Jeff Gordon . . .

Ellen Siska

 
 
 

Hey all you JG fans - read this!

Post by Ms. Goodwrenc » Wed, 01 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> It's obvious Gene Granger doesn't know Jeff Gordon else why does he cite
> HBO's program rather than his own experiences with Jeff Gordon? Granger
> was taking the Real Sports Show at face value (big mistake there) and
> this show did not flatter Gordon, Nascar or any thing about WC racing.
> My opinion of the show was that they were trying to make WC sound like
> some soap opera, not like a legit sport.  Thank you for posting that
> article Ian94, we don't want to miss any unfavorable articles about JG,
> do we? And if you don't have anything to cut and paste, just continue
> your usual snide, catty remarks.

Gene Granger is a putz -- I'm mystified as to why WCS publishes his
drivel to begin with.  The guy's bias is so evident; he dislikes General
Motors, the modern era, and dare I say, Jeff Gordon and what he
"represents", i.e., NASCAR reaching beyond it's roots in an attempt to
have wider, more mainstream appeal.  I'm suspicious of any man who gets
his hair done at *** Lube.  

We dropped our subscription to Winston Cup Scene when it became evident
their objectivity went packing once NASCAR assimilated them.  Why spend
all that money on a subscription when you can learn all the breaking
news as it happens on the NASCAR website and all the rumors & scoops at
Jayskies or RASN?  

Ms.Goodwrench