Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Cracke » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00


As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
copy was decent.........BUT.............
The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
running. They are having a sale on some videos
for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
few for myself and friends who have the same
"wannabe" copy from television.
So it's available !!!!

            http://www.towerrecords.com/

There were two versions, normal and wide
screen format.

Here are the numbers -

Normal version -
                                ISBN   0-7640-0705-X
                                Bar Code    1313-10884-3

Wide Screen Version -
                                ISBN   0-7640-0704-1
                                Bar Code   1313-10883-3

Good Luck, and please pass this on.

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by ed junea » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Anybody know where to find The Lively Set with the Crysler turbine car?

Ed


Quote:
> As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
> Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
> any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
> from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
> copy was decent.........BUT.............
> The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
> running. They are having a sale on some videos
> for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
> So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
> few for myself and friends who have the same
> "wannabe" copy from television.
> So it's available !!!!

>             http://www.towerrecords.com/

> There were two versions, normal and wide
> screen format.

> Here are the numbers -

> Normal version -
>                                 ISBN   0-7640-0705-X
>                                 Bar Code    1313-10884-3

> Wide Screen Version -
>                                 ISBN   0-7640-0704-1
>                                 Bar Code   1313-10883-3

> Good Luck, and please pass this on.


 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Bill Prat » Mon, 20 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi guys. I picked up a remastered edition at Blockbuster last
night. It has the movie trailer at the end. I paid 12 bucks and
change...

Bill Pratt
www.draglist.com


As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
copy was decent.........BUT.............
The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
running. They are having a sale on some videos
for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
few for myself and friends who have the same
"wannabe" copy from television.
So it's available !!!!

            http://www.towerrecords.com/

There were two versions, normal and wide
screen format.

Here are the numbers -

Normal version -
                                ISBN   0-7640-0705-X
                                Bar Code    1313-10884-3

Wide Screen Version -
                                ISBN   0-7640-0704-1
                                Bar Code   1313-10883-3

Good Luck, and please pass this on.

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Russel Osbor » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
>As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
>Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
>any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
>from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
>copy was decent.........BUT.............
>The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
>running. They are having a sale on some videos
>for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
>So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
>few for myself and friends who have the same
>"wannabe" copy from television.
>So it's available !!!!

Yeah, I saw a boxed version at a video store in a mall yesterday. Was
around $30-40. Seemed to include more than just the movie itself, but
I didn't look closely, not really liking the movie much.
russ
 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by chucky » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I got the boxed tin set a couple of months ago, letterbox edition with a
small
book of photos...paid around 40, but well worth the cost....

Ed, check with Main Attractions video on "The Lively Set".  
Their phone number is 818-709-9855
You can order their great catalog (seems like five bucks)....

Main Attractions
P.O.Box 4923
Chatsworth, CA 91313

They treat me right in the past...had everything I wanted and found
something (Aloha, Bobby and Rose) that I had merely asked about.

Good luck in your search, hope this helps



: Anybody know where to find The Lively Set with the Crysler turbine car?
:
: Ed
:

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Rob E. Zwissle » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I bought mine at a blcokbuster in chicago...$12.99 .. too bad it wasn't the
widescreen cuz I still don't understand that ending... (Anyone wanna email
me their opinion?)

Rob



:>As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
:>Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
:>any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
:>from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
:>copy was decent.........BUT.............
:>The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
:>running. They are having a sale on some videos
:>for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
:>So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
:>few for myself and friends who have the same
:>"wannabe" copy from television.
:>So it's available !!!!
:>
: Yeah, I saw a boxed version at a video store in a mall yesterday. Was
: around $30-40. Seemed to include more than just the movie itself, but
: I didn't look closely, not really liking the movie much.
: russ

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by hkel.. » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00


: As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
: Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
: any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
: from a TV broadcast last year finally and the

Anyone care to give a breif synopsis/review?
'Cause I have never heard of this and wonder if I'm interested.

--
Aloha, Henry
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
~ Special Xmas offer for rasners & DeadHeads:  100% Kona Coffee ~

~($1.10/adlb) 'Til Dec 21st for Xmas delivery email me 4 details~
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Frank Williamso » Tue, 21 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
> Anyone care to give a breif synopsis/review?
> 'Cause I have never heard of this and wonder if I'm interested.

> --
> Aloha, Henry

Story of a cross country run.. in a primer, flip front-end, tunnel-ram, rat
motor '55 Chevy. The car was built by Jerry Ruth (?) ..who was runnin Funny
cars back then.

Same car was used later in American Graffiti .. and it should have blown
that lil yellow coupe into the weeds.

They run into a wacko in a '70 Pontiac Judge.

Thing that impressed me most was, at the time I was runnin a 427 L-88 in a
'64 Malibu.. and it sounded the same.. ran through the gears the same ..I
think I was runnin a bit more cam than they had tho -grin-

(had a .617" lift 332 duration General Kinetics in mine..it was a bit
'radical' ..but it matched the rest :)

I'll have to watch it again.. it was one of Lucas' first films.

-Gray Eagle

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Terry Nixo » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

My movie guide book doesn't say anything about Lucas. The director was a Monte
Hellman. Made in '71. James Taylor (yes, that James Taylor, when he had hair),
Dennis Wilson (yes, that Dennis Wilson) , and Warren Oates as the guy billed as
"GTO". VERY minimalist acting by the guys in the Chevy. Not really about cars,
but there's real machinery there. Listen for the gear-drive and the
rock-crusher howl in the Chevy. It'd be nice to have a 4-speed '70 GTO like
that, too.
Terry
Quote:

> > Anyone care to give a breif synopsis/review?
> > 'Cause I have never heard of this and wonder if I'm interested.

> > --
> > Aloha, Henry

> Story of a cross country run.. in a primer, flip front-end, tunnel-ram, rat
> motor '55 Chevy. The car was built by Jerry Ruth (?) ..who was runnin Funny
> cars back then.

> Same car was used later in American Graffiti .. and it should have blown
> that lil yellow coupe into the weeds.

> They run into a wacko in a '70 Pontiac Judge.

> Thing that impressed me most was, at the time I was runnin a 427 L-88 in a
> '64 Malibu.. and it sounded the same.. ran through the gears the same ..I
> think I was runnin a bit more cam than they had tho -grin-

> (had a .617" lift 332 duration General Kinetics in mine..it was a bit
> 'radical' ..but it matched the rest :)

> I'll have to watch it again.. it was one of Lucas' first films.

> -Gray Eagle

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by NitR » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

You can get Two Lane Blacktop

from www.amazon.com

dvd and all

Grant



Quote:

> I bought mine at a blcokbuster in chicago...$12.99 .. too bad it wasn't
the
> widescreen cuz I still don't understand that ending... (Anyone wanna email
> me their opinion?)

> Rob





> :>As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
> :>Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
> :>any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
> :>from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
> :>copy was decent.........BUT.............
> :>The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
> :>running. They are having a sale on some videos
> :>for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
> :>So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
> :>few for myself and friends who have the same
> :>"wannabe" copy from television.
> :>So it's available !!!!
> :>
> : Yeah, I saw a boxed version at a video store in a mall yesterday. Was
> : around $30-40. Seemed to include more than just the movie itself, but
> : I didn't look closely, not really liking the movie much.
> : russ

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Ms.Goodwren » Wed, 22 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Film critic Danny Peary listed it as one of the top 50 cult movies of all time... I'd agree.  VH-1
showed an editted version of a few years ago.  I believe Speedvision aired it once or twice, too.
It'a a gearhead movie for sure.  Love that primer gray '55.  James Taylor and Dennis Wilson (the
Driver and the Mechanic) do nothing but drive around the country looking for people to drag race.
They keep spare racing slicks in the trunk.  They agree to race GTO (Warren Oates) cross country (or
something like that) for pink slips.  Of course, along the way, they stop at a diner and meet a
chick who just may wind up coming between the Mechanic and the Driver.   Cliche, sure.  But a good
gearhead movie nonetheless.  I put it right up there with Mad Max, the Road Warrior, Thunder Road,
Easy Rider, Any Given Sunday (the Steve McQueen motocycle racing classic, not the new Oliver Stone
film), Greased Lightning, The Last American Hero,  Heart Like a Wheel, Red Line 7000, Hells Angels
Forever, and the Pretty Maids' video "Futureworld".  :-)

Quote:

>My movie guide book doesn't say anything about Lucas. The director was a Monte
>Hellman. Made in '71. James Taylor (yes, that James Taylor, when he had hair),
>Dennis Wilson (yes, that Dennis Wilson) , and Warren Oates as the guy billed as
>"GTO". VERY minimalist acting by the guys in the Chevy. Not really about cars,
>but there's real machinery there. Listen for the gear-drive and the
>rock-crusher howl in the Chevy. It'd be nice to have a 4-speed '70 GTO like
>that, too.
>Terry


>> > Anyone care to give a breif synopsis/review?
>> > 'Cause I have never heard of this and wonder if I'm interested.

>> > --
>> > Aloha, Henry

>> Story of a cross country run.. in a primer, flip front-end, tunnel-ram, rat
>> motor '55 Chevy. The car was built by Jerry Ruth (?) ..who was runnin Funny
>> cars back then.

>> Same car was used later in American Graffiti .. and it should have blown
>> that lil yellow coupe into the weeds.

>> They run into a wacko in a '70 Pontiac Judge.

>> Thing that impressed me most was, at the time I was runnin a 427 L-88 in a
>> '64 Malibu.. and it sounded the same.. ran through the gears the same ..I
>> think I was runnin a bit more cam than they had tho -grin-

>> (had a .617" lift 332 duration General Kinetics in mine..it was a bit
>> 'radical' ..but it matched the rest :)

>> I'll have to watch it again.. it was one of Lucas' first films.

>> -Gray Eagle

Ms.Goodwrench                    

Go DE,DEjr,the Steve,LosLabontes,Mikey,Wawd,Pitbull#31,theBuckeyBullet,FrontRowJoe,all3Kennys,alltheKing'sMen in 2000!

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Stephen Jone » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

The movie is also on DVD! Saw it the other day at BEST BUY!

Quote:
> As many others, I have tried to find a copy of
> Two Lane Blacktop on video for years without
> any luck. I found a friend that had made a copy
> from a TV broadcast last year finally and the
> copy was decent.........BUT.............
> The other day I read an ad TOWER RECORDS was
> running. They are having a sale on some videos
> for Christmas. Well guess what I saw in the list.
> So I ran down there yesterday and picked up a
> few for myself and friends who have the same
> "wannabe" copy from television.
> So it's available !!!!

>             http://www.towerrecords.com/

> There were two versions, normal and wide
> screen format.

> Here are the numbers -

> Normal version -
>                                 ISBN   0-7640-0705-X
>                                 Bar Code    1313-10884-3

> Wide Screen Version -
>                                 ISBN   0-7640-0704-1
>                                 Bar Code   1313-10883-3

> Good Luck, and please pass this on.

 
 
 

Two Lane Blacktop Fans - Read !!

Post by Art Rasmusse » Mon, 27 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Certainly a tunnel rammed big block in a '55 would have kicked ***on the
'32 but remember that it was supposed to be 1962 and so the most the '55
would have had was a 409 ,maybe (big big maybe) a 327 but more likely a 283.
The hood was never opened (good 'acting' on the part of the '55), a'32 is
much lighter than a '55 and Milner did say "I was losin' Toad!".
Art Rasmussen
Art Rasmussen Design and Fabrication, Inc.


Quote:
> > Aloha, Henry

> Story of a cross country run.. in a primer, flip front-end, tunnel-ram,
rat
> motor '55 Chevy. The car was built by Jerry Ruth (?) ..who was runnin
Funny
> cars back then.

> Same car was used later in American Graffiti .. and it should have blown
> that lil yellow coupe into the weeds.
> I'll have to watch it again.. it was one of Lucas' first films.

> -Gray Eagle