Good , Good , Race

Good , Good , Race

Post by La Vonn » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:04:17


Congrats Jr. Well deserved!
Great job Tony and Scott Wimmer.....Damn!!!! Great Job!!

--

La Vonna
Go #2,  #20 and #42!
www.geocities.com/nascarlovingirl
***Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life
thinking they had no faults at all.***

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:16:38


Quote:
> Congrats Jr. Well deserved!
> Great job Tony and Scott Wimmer.....Damn!!!! Great Job!!

> --

> La Vonna
> Go #2,  #20 and #42!
> www.geocities.com/nascarlovingirl
> ***Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life
> thinking they had no faults at all.***

Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it have been
a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

Shock

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Jeff » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:19:52

Good race?  I can hardly recall a single pass.


Quote:
> Congrats Jr. Well deserved!
> Great job Tony and Scott Wimmer.....Damn!!!! Great Job!!

> --

> La Vonna
> Go #2,  #20 and #42!
> www.geocities.com/nascarlovingirl
> ***Just think, if it weren't for marriage, men would go through life
> thinking they had no faults at all.***


 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by just m » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:23:47


Quote:
> Good race?  I can hardly recall a single pass.

Think there was one with around 19 laps to go
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Hamme » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 07:49:07


Quote:

> Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it have
been
> a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even up the
field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still degenerated into.
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:21:17


Quote:



> > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it have
> been
> > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even up the
> field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still degenerated
into.

I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars fight for
themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got another guy
pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

Shock

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Hamme » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:30:45


Quote:





> > > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it
have
> > been
> > > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> > Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even up the
> > field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still degenerated
> into.

> I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars fight for
> themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got another guy
> pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

You just don't understand them lately. Jr. has the legal but "unfair"
advantage every time of having a markedly faster car. It's so strong you
can't even catch him in his draft, so trying to form a "pack" is the only
way of making it remotely resemble a race. Did you think watching Tony not
having a chance in hell of catching him was better? It's not the tactics of
plate racing that are the problem, it's the plates. Having a race where you
put your foot on the floor without ever lifting is not racing, it's a
HP/Aero competition where racing skill has little to no effect.
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:37:49


Quote:







> > > > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it
> have
> > > been
> > > > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> > > Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even up
the
> > > field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still degenerated
> > into.

> > I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars fight
for
> > themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got another
guy
> > pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

> You just don't understand them lately. Jr. has the legal but "unfair"
> advantage every time of having a markedly faster car. It's so strong you
> can't even catch him in his draft, so trying to form a "pack" is the only
> way of making it remotely resemble a race. Did you think watching Tony not
> having a chance in hell of catching him was better? It's not the tactics
of
> plate racing that are the problem, it's the plates. Having a race where
you
> put your foot on the floor without ever lifting is not racing, it's a
> HP/Aero competition where racing skill has little to no effect.

Ok, I understand what you are saying.  But I got a question.  How can it be
legal and "unfair" at the same time?  BTW, I wish they would take off the
plates, but then they wouldn't race there because they would be risking the
safety of the fans.  Also, why don't they just go to engines with less HP
for superspeedways?

Shock

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Hamme » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:46:02


Quote:









> > > > > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would it
> > have
> > > > been
> > > > > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> > > > Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even up
> the
> > > > field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still
degenerated
> > > into.

> > > I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars fight
> for
> > > themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got another
> guy
> > > pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

> > You just don't understand them lately. Jr. has the legal but "unfair"
> > advantage every time of having a markedly faster car. It's so strong you
> > can't even catch him in his draft, so trying to form a "pack" is the
only
> > way of making it remotely resemble a race. Did you think watching Tony
not
> > having a chance in hell of catching him was better? It's not the tactics
> of
> > plate racing that are the problem, it's the plates. Having a race where
> you
> > put your foot on the floor without ever lifting is not racing, it's a
> > HP/Aero competition where racing skill has little to no effect.

> Ok, I understand what you are saying.  But I got a question.  How can it
be
> legal and "unfair" at the same time?  BTW, I wish they would take off the
> plates, but then they wouldn't race there because they would be risking
the
> safety of the fans.  Also, why don't they just go to engines with less HP
> for superspeedways?

I don't like to whine about "unfairness" (which is why I put it in quotes),
esp. since I miss the days when teams and manufacturers could use their
ingenuity to make stronger cars than their competition. I've just lost
patience with DEI somehow getting around these stupid ***ing restrictor
plates which are suppose hamper everyone equally, but somehow don't. I
applaud DEI while at the same time curse NASCAR. Besides, just because
something is legal doesn't make it fair.
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 08:55:10


Quote:











> > > > > > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy, would
it
> > > have
> > > > > been
> > > > > > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> > > > > Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even
up
> > the
> > > > > field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still
> degenerated
> > > > into.

> > > > I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars
fight
> > for
> > > > themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got
another
> > guy
> > > > pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

> > > You just don't understand them lately. Jr. has the legal but "unfair"
> > > advantage every time of having a markedly faster car. It's so strong
you
> > > can't even catch him in his draft, so trying to form a "pack" is the
> only
> > > way of making it remotely resemble a race. Did you think watching Tony
> not
> > > having a chance in hell of catching him was better? It's not the
tactics
> > of
> > > plate racing that are the problem, it's the plates. Having a race
where
> > you
> > > put your foot on the floor without ever lifting is not racing, it's a
> > > HP/Aero competition where racing skill has little to no effect.

> > Ok, I understand what you are saying.  But I got a question.  How can it
> be
> > legal and "unfair" at the same time?  BTW, I wish they would take off
the
> > plates, but then they wouldn't race there because they would be risking
> the
> > safety of the fans.  Also, why don't they just go to engines with less
HP
> > for superspeedways?

> I don't like to whine about "unfairness" (which is why I put it in
quotes),
> esp. since I miss the days when teams and manufacturers could use their
> ingenuity to make stronger cars than their competition. I've just lost
> patience with DEI somehow getting around these stupid ***ing restrictor
> plates which are suppose hamper everyone equally, but somehow don't. I
> applaud DEI while at the same time curse NASCAR. Besides, just because
> something is legal doesn't make it fair.

I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is fair.
If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.  Still, I'd like to see them
running a high-powered unrestricted V6 on the plate tracks that way
everybody (and myself) could quit complaining about restrictor plates.

Shock

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by 4-X-Cham » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:27:09

Quote:

> I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is fair.
> If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.

It's legal because it hasn't been discovered yet.
The tech inspectors don't "inspect" some cars as well as they do others. ;-)
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:35:15


Quote:




Quote:
> > I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is
fair.
> > If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.

> It's legal because it hasn't been discovered yet.
> The tech inspectors don't "inspect" some cars as well as they do others.
;-)

Give me a break, even Darby said last week that they are harder on the top
cars because they are the top cars.  Didn't you see how much time Tony Eury,
Jr spent during inspection sanding down the decklid on the #8 car because
Nascar was unhappy with the shape?  Don't people in this group pay attention
to what is said by the officials? Or, do most people here just not believe
them?

Shock

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Hamme » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:50:57


Quote:













> > > > > > > Yep, all those guys did a respectable job.  Except Bushy,
would
> it
> > > > have
> > > > > > been
> > > > > > > a bummer to see the race decided by a lapped car?

> > > > > > Bush attempted to do exactly what he should have done, help even
> up
> > > the
> > > > > > field and make it a race instead of the borefest it still
> > degenerated
> > > > > into.

> > > > > I don't see what would have been so wrong with letting two cars
> fight
> > > for
> > > > > themselves.  No sense in beating a guy simply because you got
> another
> > > guy
> > > > > pushing ya.  I just don't like the tactics of place racing.

> > > > You just don't understand them lately. Jr. has the legal but
"unfair"
> > > > advantage every time of having a markedly faster car. It's so strong
> you
> > > > can't even catch him in his draft, so trying to form a "pack" is the
> > only
> > > > way of making it remotely resemble a race. Did you think watching
Tony
> > not
> > > > having a chance in hell of catching him was better? It's not the
> tactics
> > > of
> > > > plate racing that are the problem, it's the plates. Having a race
> where
> > > you
> > > > put your foot on the floor without ever lifting is not racing, it's
a
> > > > HP/Aero competition where racing skill has little to no effect.

> > > Ok, I understand what you are saying.  But I got a question.  How can
it
> > be
> > > legal and "unfair" at the same time?  BTW, I wish they would take off
> the
> > > plates, but then they wouldn't race there because they would be
risking
> > the
> > > safety of the fans.  Also, why don't they just go to engines with less
> HP
> > > for superspeedways?

> > I don't like to whine about "unfairness" (which is why I put it in
> quotes),
> > esp. since I miss the days when teams and manufacturers could use their
> > ingenuity to make stronger cars than their competition. I've just lost
> > patience with DEI somehow getting around these stupid ***ing restrictor
> > plates which are suppose hamper everyone equally, but somehow don't. I
> > applaud DEI while at the same time curse NASCAR. Besides, just because
> > something is legal doesn't make it fair.

> I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is fair.
> If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.

Hold onto that idealism as long as you can.

Quote:
> Still, I'd like to see them
> running a high-powered unrestricted V6 on the plate tracks that way
> everybody (and myself) could quit complaining about restrictor plates.

I'd like to see them lose the plates and reduce aero importance/touchiness
by shortening the front air dams and adjusting the rear spoilers & roof
rails. That way you'd have power, more consistent handling (less aero push
in traffic) and drivers who couldn't just floor it all the way around the
track.

Problem is, that would resemble racing too much, and NASCAR has decided the
increased speeds are too risky. Pussies! Racing is supposed to push the
limits and have a certain amount of danger to reinforce its e***ment.
NASCAR seems to think all drivers should be able to race for decades without
a single significant injury.

What we're left with is the pitiful product we witnessed today. NASCAR isn't
alone, though, look how the NFL has ***ed up their sport with equal
competition/parity. Both sports have decided that most fans are too stupid
to tell the difference between true balls-to-the-wall competition and
watered-down "show" sports.

 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by n.. » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:54:14

Quote:

>I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is fair.
>If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.  Still, I'd like to see them
>running a high-powered unrestricted V6 on the plate tracks that way
>everybody (and myself) could quit complaining about restrictor plates.

And by your statement, Busch helping Stewart to the front would have
been fair, because it is legal.
 
 
 

Good , Good , Race

Post by Shoc » Tue, 17 Feb 2004 09:57:31


Quote:

> >I see your point, but I disagree.  If something is legal then it is fair.
> >If it was unfair it would be illegal.  IMHO.  Still, I'd like to see them
> >running a high-powered unrestricted V6 on the plate tracks that way
> >everybody (and myself) could quit complaining about restrictor plates.

> And by your statement, Busch helping Stewart to the front would have
> been fair, because it is legal.

It would have been, but it is a sad state of affairs in racing when you have
to use another car just to make a pass, which is why I would have thought
that it would have sucked.

Shock