would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by Lee Aanderu » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 08:23:49


I know a guy up in North Carolina who said teams used to have to beg
guys to be on the pit crew every Friday.  And this was in the 1980's.

Lee

Quote:



>>Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

>>I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
>>begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
>>Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one

> was

>>watching the races on TV.

>>So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

>>Cj in Daytona

> First, either you or your friend is probably FoS. Second, yes I would.

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by John Sutphi » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:02:13

Quote:

> Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

> I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
> begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
> Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one was
> watching the races on TV.

> So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

> Cj in Daytona

Sure I would and do. But, since most of us are *** NASCAR fans,
most of us will watch anything NASCAR related.

The question is would a fringe fan or a newbie watch Busch without a
recognizable name like Earnhardt or Waltrip in the race?

John

--

"He took a chance on a washed-up recovering ***ic.
I'll never be able to repay him."

Mark Martin about Jack Roush in 'ESPN The Magazine.'
2-17-2003

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by tjmc » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 09:18:59



Quote:

>> So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?
>Sure I would and do. But, since most of us are *** NASCAR fans,
>most of us will watch anything NASCAR related.

>The question is would a fringe fan or a newbie watch Busch without a
>recognizable name like Earnhardt or Waltrip in the race?

Another group are the fans who watch other racing series as well.  

I follow F1, Indy car and Winston Cup pretty religiously.  I just don't
have the time to watch much of the feeders.  But if I get a few minutes
on a Saturday and channel surf into a Busch race, I'm more likely to
stay with it if some of the drivers are recognizable from Cup.

I also have to believe the Buschwhackers greatly improve the attendance.
----
Note email address change:

Please change your address books or adjust your filters accordingly.
Mail to the old address should be forwarded for a limited amount of
time.

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by CRAS » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 10:43:18

YES

--
RACECAR SPELLED BACKWARDS IS STILL RACECAR

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by Donne » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:51:03

Yes.
I think BGN is a worthy series to watch. Most of the up and coming WC
racers have to go through this level and what better way to see who is
the possible future of the WC.
Quote:

> > > Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

> > > I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
> > > begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
> > > Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one was
> > > watching the races on TV.

> > > So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

> > > Cj in Daytona

> > Yes.
> > I mean No.
> > What was the question again?
>    -- JL --
> `````````````````````````````````````

> I thot I understood the question, but u confused me JL.  Oh, yea, like
> that's tuff to do!  Maybe I need some help from the "Bright" one?

> Until help comes along, I *think* I say, watch them all on TV - no,
> not all.  Tape, just in case, always.

> In person?  YES, sometimes!   Love South Boston and Myrtle Beach!  And
> guess what?  No Buschwackers!

> So, yes and no, like JL.

> ~linda~

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by bdw120 » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:13:22

Quote:

> Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

> I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
> begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
> Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one was
> watching the races on TV.

> So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

> Cj in Daytona

I watch the BGN races when they're at Kentucky, St. Louis, Nashville,
Nazareth, Pikes Peak, Memphis, Milwaukee, etc. when the Cup guys are
either off or in another town.  I may not set my weekend schedule
around the race like I do for the Cup races, but I try to watch them
when I can.
 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by bdw120 » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 13:13:26

Quote:

> Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

> I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
> begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
> Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one was
> watching the races on TV.

> So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

> Cj in Daytona

I watch the BGN races when they're at Kentucky, St. Louis, Nashville,
Nazareth, Pikes Peak, Memphis, Milwaukee, etc. when the Cup guys are
either off or in another town.  I may not set my weekend schedule
around the race like I do for the Cup races, but I try to watch them
when I can.
 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by Big3Fa » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 15:28:55

Prime example is the Bristol race.  Can't find a ticket anywhere for either
Cup race.  We had the weekend tix for the spring race in 2001 and the stands
are half-full at best for the Busch race.  It was so shocking that I took a
pic of the empty stands because I figured noone back home would believe me.
This was when Harvick was running both series.  Kenseth was in race as well.


Quote:





> > > Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

> > > I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back
> they
> > > begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive
in
> > > Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no
one
> > was
> > > watching the races on TV.

> > > So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

> > > Cj in Daytona

> > First, either you or your friend is probably FoS. Second, yes I would.

> Agreed. I will watch NBS races on the tube and normally get packages of
tix
> when I go live to a race if the NBS is running that weekend and watch both
> races live as well.

> Of course that's just me, but I also watch minor league baseball, minor
> league hockey and Saturday night local auto races too. I am a true fan of
> motorsports, not just the machine that is Winston Cup. How else would we
> know and be able to watch the 'next' NASCAR stars. All these folks that
rag
> on DEJ must be like you (original poster, not Ryan) when they say Junior
> can't win anywhere but SS's. He won all over the place in the NBS and if
> you'll check the archives, won 2 NBS titles as well.

> Look in the stands on a NBS race date. These, for the most part, are true
> fans. Not these new, commerical puppet fans that NASCAR has been
developing
> and courting of late.

 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by RALPH DAV » Fri, 07 Mar 2003 18:57:27

I'd watch the Busch races with or without the cup drivers. If NASCAR is
unwilling to stop them from using their money,experience,an
popularity,it should limit their pay in the Busch,the amount of races
they can do,an the amount they can spend as CUP drivers.


 
 
 

would you REALLY watch the BUSCH race IF.

Post by Wayne Man » Tue, 11 Mar 2003 01:35:57



Quote:


>> Some of the Winston guy where not in the Saturday race?

>> I remember a friend who works at Daytona speedway that a few yrs back they
>> begged some Winston guys to start up there own teams and or to drive in
>> Busch with a team.  one reason tickets where not selling, and two no one
>was
>> watching the races on TV.

>> So would you watch if a Winston racer was not there?

>> Cj in Daytona

>First, either you or your friend is probably FoS. Second, yes I would.

        No, again, you're wrong.  Bill France personally ask Dale
Earnhardt to do that very thing, which he did.  He also asked many, if
not all the Cup drivers to do the same thing.

\\/ayne //\ann