Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by Dr. Funkenstei » Tue, 23 Apr 2002 09:05:37


Damn! Take the damn restrictor plates off the damn cars and let them
race!!!! Put up stronger fences and Race dammit!!!!! If they can't handle a
turn at 230 MPH, then they should have enough sense to slow down. Why force
them to drive 3 wide and 3 inches from each other for 500 Miles?
 
 
 

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by Admi » Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:04:06


Quote:
> Damn! Take the damn restrictor plates off the damn cars and let them
> race!!!! Put up stronger fences and Race dammit!!!!! If they can't handle
a
> turn at 230 MPH, then they should have enough sense to slow down. Why
force
> them to drive 3 wide and 3 inches from each other for 500 Miles?

Because the very INSTANT a stock car turns in a lap average speed at 200mph
or faster, every single insurance policy in place on the event, series and
venue will be canceled. It ain't ALL NASCAR's fault.

 
 
 

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by Dr. Funkenstei » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 11:09:58


Quote:



> > Damn! Take the damn restrictor plates off the damn cars and let them
> > race!!!! Put up stronger fences and Race dammit!!!!! If they can't
handle
> a
> > turn at 230 MPH, then they should have enough sense to slow down. Why
> force
> > them to drive 3 wide and 3 inches from each other for 500 Miles?

> Because the very INSTANT a stock car turns in a lap average speed at
200mph
> or faster, every single insurance policy in place on the event, series and
> venue will be canceled. It ain't ALL NASCAR's fault.

You mean CART cars have restrictor plates too?
Wow, I didn't know that.

 
 
 

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by nf » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 22:30:47

On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:09:58 -0400, Dr. Funkenstein wrote

Quote:
>> Because the very INSTANT a stock car turns in a lap average speed at
> 200mph
>> or faster, every single insurance policy in place on the event, series and
>> venue will be canceled. It ain't ALL NASCAR's fault.

> You mean CART cars have restrictor plates too?
> Wow, I didn't know that.

They do not.
(It's hard to put restrictor plates on a fuel injected motor ... LOL)

FWIW: The insurance thing is an urban (rural?) legend about NASCAR

 
 
 

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by -v- » Thu, 25 Apr 2002 23:17:24


Quote:
> On Tue, 23 Apr 2002 22:09:58 -0400, Dr. Funkenstein wrote

> >> Because the very INSTANT a stock car turns in a lap average speed at
> > 200mph
> >> or faster, every single insurance policy in place on the event, series
and
> >> venue will be canceled. It ain't ALL NASCAR's fault.

> > You mean CART cars have restrictor plates too?
> > Wow, I didn't know that.

> They do not.
> (It's hard to put restrictor plates on a fuel injected motor ... LOL)

Why do you say that?
--
-v-
G0 #8 #20 #29 #30
 
 
 

Talladega = 180 MPH Parking Lot

Post by nf » Fri, 26 Apr 2002 13:49:31

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002 10:17:24 -0400, v- wrote

Quote:

>> They do not.
>> (It's hard to put restrictor plates on a fuel injected motor ... LOL)

> Why do you say that?

Mostly because there is no carberator to put the plate under.