I am getting closer to being right

I am getting closer to being right

Post by Jethro Tul » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:40:01


Back when Mikey Waltrip was cruising along in fourth or fifth in the
standings  I said that he is no better than the fif***th  best driver/team
in WC.  Since then Mikey has obliged me by falling to four***th.  He has
three more races to fall to fif***th or lower and three drivers closely
behind him in points.  Michael Waltrip is one heck of a nice guy but he is
no big dog.
 
 
 

I am getting closer to being right

Post by Juli » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:42:47

Quote:

> Back when Mikey Waltrip was cruising along in fourth or fifth in the
> standings  I said that he is no better than the fif***th  best
> driver/team in WC.  Since then Mikey has obliged me by falling to
> four***th.  He has three more races to fall to fif***th or lower
> and three drivers closely behind him in points.  Michael Waltrip is
> one heck of a nice guy but he is no big dog.

Yeah, well what about the second part of that prediction where you said Jr.
would be 8th in the point?!?!... you are dead wrong on that one.

 
 
 

I am getting closer to being right

Post by David T » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:47:10

2 blown motors and a sour motor at marty is not Michaels fault.  He was
running 6th today before the motor blowed up.  This is a team sport.

 
 
 

I am getting closer to being right

Post by Jethro Tul » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:50:15


Quote:

> > Back when Mikey Waltrip was cruising along in fourth or fifth in the
> > standings  I said that he is no better than the fif***th  best
> > driver/team in WC.  Since then Mikey has obliged me by falling to
> > four***th.  He has three more races to fall to fif***th or lower
> > and three drivers closely behind him in points.  Michael Waltrip is
> > one heck of a nice guy but he is no big dog.

> Yeah, well what about the second part of that prediction where you said
Jr.
> would be 8th in the point?!?!... you are dead wrong on that one.

Earnhardt has some skill and his stepdaddy Helton lets him get away with
everything.  And he does not get crashed all that often because all of the
other drivers know that if they get anywhere near his car they will be
banned from NASCAR for life.

Mikey has more charm than skill.

And neither of them can win anywhere but Talladega or Daytona.

But somebody has to fill the field and those two are as good as most.

The real drivers are Gordon, Stewart, Newman, Busch, Kenseth, McMurray,
Elliott, Rusty, Martin, Labonte, and the other Labonte.

 
 
 

I am getting closer to being right

Post by Jethro Tul » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 05:51:23


Quote:

> 2 blown motors and a sour motor at marty is not Michaels fault.  He was
> running 6th today before the motor blowed up.  This is a team sport.

I did not say that any of that was Mikey's fault.  I said he was never among
the fif*** best driver/teams.  That blown motor stuff falls on the team of
course.
 
 
 

I am getting closer to being right

Post by 4-X-Cham » Wed, 29 Oct 2003 06:10:41


Quote:

> 2 blown motors and a sour motor at marty is not Michaels fault.  He was
> running 6th today before the motor blowed up.  This is a team sport.

Luckily for Michael, he gained a lot of real estate by staying out and not getting caught
by the caution halfway through green flag pit stops like the front half of the field did.
His 6th position wasn't because he had a fast car.