read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Sam Gaylo » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00




: >I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
: >similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
: >proof I was sure I would soon get.

: >Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
: >has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
: >driving, at least significantly.

: I have to disagree.  Irvan might be as good a driver as he ever was, but
: that isn't necessarily saying much.  Hell, Derrike Cope has two wins, and
: Breet Bodine, Greg Sacks, and Bobby Hillin have all managed to win a race.
: I doubt that very many people will argue the immense talent of any of these
: guys.  Just goes to prove that anybody can win one sometime.  Let's see if
: Ernie can continue to win.

: ><><><><><><><><> NASCAR - Everything else is just a game! <><><><><><><><><


: Mississippi State University /      44 Link to racing images from my webpage
: NSF Engineering Research Center     94     http://www2.msstate.edu:80/~rls3/
: ><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Go fast, turn left ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Sorry Roger, but I have to disagree with your disagreement.  If you remember
the spring of 94, Ernie had as many wins ad DE did, and no doubt given him
a run for the championship, had the crash at Michigan happen.

samg


Hewlett Packard/Colorado Springs

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Daniel Alain Naz » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
proof I was sure I would soon get.

Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
driving, at least significantly.

dan the nascar man

http://www.unt.edu/~daniel/nascar/nascar.html

Go #88, hard chargin for the points lead!
Go #2, we race for beer!
Ford:  The winningest manufacturer in Winston Cup!

"Now THAT's a car owner's nightmare... His two cars fighting side-by-side
with Jimmy Spencer ahead of them and Jeff Gordon and Geoff Bodine behind
them."

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Roger L Smi » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
>similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
>proof I was sure I would soon get.
>Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
>has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
>driving, at least significantly.

I have to disagree.  Irvan might be as good a driver as he ever was, but
that isn't necessarily saying much.  Hell, Derrike Cope has two wins, and
Breet Bodine, Greg Sacks, and Bobby Hillin have all managed to win a race.
I doubt that very many people will argue the immense talent of any of these
guys.  Just goes to prove that anybody can win one sometime.  Let's see if
Ernie can continue to win.

Quote:
><><><><><><><><> NASCAR - Everything else is just a game! <><><><><><><><><



Mississippi State University /      44 Link to racing images from my webpage
NSF Engineering Research Center     94     http://www2.msstate.edu:80/~rls3/
Quote:
><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Go fast, turn left ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><


 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Emerson D. Champio » Tue, 16 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

> I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
> similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
> proof I was sure I would soon get.

> Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
> has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
> driving, at least significantly.

> dan the nascar man

> http://www.unt.edu/~daniel/nascar/nascar.html

> Go #88, hard chargin for the points lead!
> Go #2, we race for beer!
> Ford:  The winningest manufacturer in Winston Cup!

> "Now THAT's a car owner's nightmare... His two cars fighting side-by-side
> with Jimmy Spencer ahead of them and Jeff Gordon and Geoff Bodine behind
> them."

        Even though I'm a #3 fan, I was pleased to see Ernie take the
win yesterday. I could see all along that it was just a matter of time
before he was in the winner's circle again. He just had some bad luck &
a few tough breaks earlier in the season is all. He's really been coming
on strong of late. He will be a definite factor the rest of the way, and
will challenge for the Cup next season.

        -- Emerson

<><><><><><><><><><>
Writing from Pasadena, Maryland, USA

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by JDotso » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:


> >I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
> >similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
> >proof I was sure I would soon get.

> >Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
> >has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
> >driving, at least significantly.

> I have to disagree.  Irvan might be as good a driver as he ever was, but
> that isn't necessarily saying much.  Hell, Derrike Cope has two wins, and
> Breet Bodine, Greg Sacks, and Bobby Hillin have all managed to win a race.
> I doubt that very many people will argue the immense talent of any of these
> guys.  Just goes to prove that anybody can win one sometime.  Let's see if
> Ernie can continue to win.

> ><><><><><><><><> NASCAR - Everything else is just a game! <><><><><><><><><


> Mississippi State University /      44 Link to racing images from my webpage
> NSF Engineering Research Center     94     http://www2.msstate.edu:80/~rls3/
> ><><><><><><><><><><><><><>< Go fast, turn left
><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I guess you don't recall the Firecracker 400 back in '92 or '93 when
Irvan drove the Kodak car from a lap down to win the race!  I don't
believe to many "average" drivers can come from a lap down at Daytona and
win the race.
 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Steve D'Amel » Wed, 17 Jul 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
>I have to disagree.  Irvan might be as good a driver as he ever was, but
>that isn't necessarily saying much.  Hell, Derrike Cope has two wins, and
>Breet Bodine, Greg Sacks, and Bobby Hillin have all managed to win a race.
>I doubt that very many people will argue the immense talent of any of these
>guys.  Just goes to prove that anybody can win one sometime.  Let's see if
>Ernie can continue to win.

Roger what race were you watching? Ernie drove better than anyone out
there Sunday, hands down. He was in the same form he was in two years
ago at NHIS, I saw both these races and I can't tell the difference,
except this time he didn't crash. He would have blown away the field
two years ago if not for that crash, and this year he was 6 seconds
over the field.  And I don't think Gordon staying in the race would
have changed that at all. All day Ernie was going forward, Gordon went
forward in the pit stops, but made very little if any headway on the
track.

-Steve D.

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Ron_Ste » Thu, 18 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>I guess you don't recall the Firecracker 400 back in '92 or '93 when
>Irvan drove the Kodak car from a lap down to win the race!  I don't
>believe to many "average" drivers can come from a lap down at Daytona and
>win the race.

DieHard 500 at Talladega in '92.  Ernie cut down a tire in the early laps and
went a lap down making the pit stop.  After a caution so Davey Allison could
turn over the 28 to Hillin, Irvan and Hillin drafted up through the pack, and
had gotten to the front when another caution came out, thus putting Ernie
back in the lead lap.  Ernie came thru the pack again and won the race. Up
until the last round of pit stops it was pretty fun to watch, but by then the
first 3 cars (the 4, the 22 with another guy who nobody believes can drive,
and the 28) had pulled almost a lap on anyone else.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ron Steve          "You hear people talk, well, he's 44, so he's lookin' to
#24  #3             slow down.  Well they can kiss my butt.  I'm having a damn
  AB28              good time, and I'm just gettin' good at this."  
                                                        -Dale Earnhardt
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by Cheryl Woo » Sat, 20 Jul 1996 04:00:00


Quote:
(Ron_Steve) writes:


>>I guess you don't recall the Firecracker 400 back in '92 or '93 when
>>Irvan drove the Kodak car from a lap down to win the race!  I don't
>>believe to many "average" drivers can come from a lap down at Daytona
and
>>win the race.

>DieHard 500 at Talladega in '92.  Ernie cut down a tire in the early
laps and
>went a lap down making the pit stop.  After a caution so Davey Allison
could
>turn over the 28 to Hillin, Irvan and Hillin drafted up through the
pack, and
>had gotten to the front when another caution came out, thus putting
Ernie
>back in the lead lap.  Ernie came thru the pack again and won the
race. Up
>until the last round of pit stops it was pretty fun to watch, but by
then the
>first 3 cars (the 4, the 22 with another guy who nobody believes can
drive,
>and the 28) had pulled almost a lap on anyone else.

What about the Sears Point race a few years ago where Ernie was outside
pole (I think) and was penalized for "jumping" the start of the race?
He was sent to the back of the entire pack and still came back to win
the race.  And on a road course, no less!  I always thought that was
very impressive!

Cheryl

 
 
 

read if you are an ERNIE IRVAN fan

Post by T. Fraustei » Tue, 23 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I agree!



Quote:
> I remember a few weeks ago a fellow who posted about Ernie Irvan with a
> similar heading;  I just have to give my rebutttal now that I have my
> proof I was sure I would soon get.

> Ernie Irvan's win at NHIS today proves that he his as good a driver as he
> has ever been, and that he is not blind nor that his eyesight affects his
> driving, at least significantly.

> dan the nascar man

> http://www.unt.edu/~daniel/nascar/nascar.html

> Go #88, hard chargin for the points lead!
> Go #2, we race for beer!
> Ford:  The winningest manufacturer in Winston Cup!

> "Now THAT's a car owner's nightmare... His two cars fighting side-by-side
> with Jimmy Spencer ahead of them and Jeff Gordon and Geoff Bodine behind
> them."