What ever happened to...

What ever happened to...

Post by <AJM2.. » Wed, 23 Nov 1994 20:43:51


Wally Dallenbach?  The last we saw of him was his infamous ride through the
grass at Sears Point.  Is he looking for a ride, or did he call it quits?
BTW, I'm not a fan -- I'm just curious.

Drew

 
 
 

What ever happened to...

Post by Paul Grazia » Thu, 24 Nov 1994 23:59:39


Quote:
> Wally Dallenbach?  The last we saw of him was his infamous ride through the
> grass at Sears Point.  Is he looking for a ride, or did he call it quits?
> BTW, I'm not a fan -- I'm just curious.

> Drew

Not to be picky, but that was Watkins Glen, and I *still* think Wally
put on a hellofa show that day!  Last I heard, he was looking into
getting an Indy ride for 95...

---
~Paul



 
 
 

What ever happened to...

Post by OffDaFro » Fri, 25 Nov 1994 09:35:09


writes:

Wally Dallenbach?  The last we saw of him was his infamous ride through
the
grass at Sears Point.  Is he looking for a ride, or did he call it quits?
BTW, I'm not a fan -- I'm just curious.

In addition to the above, what were the circumstances of his departure
from Petty Enterprises?

 
 
 

What ever happened to...

Post by Dale Ango » Fri, 25 Nov 1994 19:46:40


Quote:


>> Wally Dallenbach?  The last we saw of him was his infamous ride through the

>Not to be picky, but that was Watkins Glen, and I *still* think Wally
>put on a hellofa show that day!  Last I heard, he was looking into
>getting an Indy ride for 95...

He did indeed.  Most of the fans on the outer loop had begun to
cheer every time the 43 came by.  IMO WD was just beginning to get
it right when his deal with RP fell apart.  

On a similar note, Richard was interviewed on TV last weekend (IWCR?,
Raceday?) about John Andretti leaving the team.  He said he would
have liked to keep John but when it got down to serious talking, he
just didn't get serious enough.  Too bad, there were possibilities
there.

--
======================================================================


======================================================================

 
 
 

What ever happened to...

Post by Thomas D. Skag » Tue, 29 Nov 1994 06:20:50

: On a similar note, Richard was interviewed on TV last weekend (IWCR?,
: Raceday?) about John Andretti leaving the team.  He said he would
: have liked to keep John but when it got down to serious talking, he
: just didn't get serious enough.  Too bad, there were possibilities
: there.

If anyone didn't get serious it was the King.  He wasn't willing to pay
Andretti's asking price.  So the 43 will be stuck with another mediocre
driver, and will be a backmarker for the 1995 season.

If anyone needs to get serious about racing it would be the 43 car owner.
He was a great driver, and he did a lot for the sport, but in the past few
years he has been a below average car owner.

--

Go 6

 
 
 

What ever happened to...

Post by Dale Ango » Thu, 01 Dec 1994 19:49:24



Quote:

>: On a similar note, Richard was interviewed on TV last weekend (IWCR?,
>: Raceday?) about John Andretti leaving the team.  He said he would
>: have liked to keep John but when it got down to serious talking, he
>: just didn't get serious enough.  Too bad, there were possibilities
>: there.

>If anyone didn't get serious it was the King.  He wasn't willing to pay
>Andretti's asking price.  So the 43 will be stuck with another mediocre
>driver, and will be a backmarker for the 1995 season.

>If anyone needs to get serious about racing it would be the 43 car owner.
>He was a great driver, and he did a lot for the sport, but in the past few
>years he has been a below average car owner.

Sorry, Tom, I guess my post wasn't clear about that.  That was the tone
of the interview.

--
======================================================================


======================================================================