Who is arrogant?

Who is arrogant?

Post by RED DEV » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00


All we hear on this newsgroup is how arrogant the Man United
supporters are, not a word said about the recent arrogant boasts of
the some of the ABU's in the newsgroup, here are some of their
'highlights'

Next year United will face hard reality. No eurocups, no success in

Quote:
>England, few sell-out matches, problems in management and more. The
>dream is over. Reality'll be cruel.

>you Manchester United fans make me ill, we used to have the ' we are the
>best ' mob a few years back but now we have the new 90's man, far more
>sensitive to other's point of view and it's wrong. Football is not about
>appreciating your rivals, arsenal beat you you should be angry, upset,
>kicking the cat etc etc not going well done and welcome to our glory
>the Londoner

>Absolutely right. Liverpool lasted this long in the eighties, and now they're
>back. Just about every team that has beaten Liver has beaten Manu, so bye bye
>Fergy.

>Man U out of the cup, about to get their premiership title taken away from
>them by the Almighty Gunners.
>Looks Like things have gone from BAD to WORSE
>Never mind Lads, there's always next year.
>See Ya
>Arsenal Fan

>What a bad night Man U!!!!
>AH AH AH AH!!!!!!
>When Man U in october crushed GREAT JUVENTUS (We're the best in the
>world) ..you silly Man U supporters..felt European Championship...and
>now?
>We are still dancing...yeah...and you..still crying!!!
>Juve rules
>Ric

>Nicky ***is so useless - what does he do in a game?
>when I see him play he cannot pass, cannot shoot and score and when he
>tackles he fouls- he is a donkey and just runs up and down the pitch for
>no reason - Redknapp is miles better

>i always weep tears of joy when Utd eventually muck it up. The Blues are
>and remain the last Manchester team to win a european trophy. we may not
>have much left but hey facts are facts.


- Show quoted text -

Quote:


>: >
>: > Who the hell do you think you are? You are all trendy, jump on the band
>: > wagon people. Just because Man U is winning, you support them, watch if
>: > Arsenal take the lead in the premiership you will support them. Most of
>: > you don't even come from Man U and have never been there. Support your
>: > home team, have some backbone!
>: RIGHT ON SAM!!
>Perfectly said!

>Is this the beginning of the end for the "mighty" reds? Schmeical is getting
>old, Cole is still useless no matter what anyone says, and Sherringham only
>looks good when surrounded by ***players e.g when he played for Spurs.
>Are the Man U fans in Surrey and Kent going to have to wait another 25 years
>for a league title? The rest of the country hopes so!

Now, tell me who is arrogant?

KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!


 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by David Spenc » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00

A simple answer to "Who is arrogant?":

You are.

===========================================================================

Brian

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Ronald Hicke » Thu, 09 Apr 1998 04:00:00



<Big snip>

You are paranoid aswell as arrogant then?

--
Ronald Hickey                                                            
West Ham United F.C.

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by PJ » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> All we hear on this newsgroup is how arrogant the Man United
> supporters are, not a word said about the recent arrogant boasts of
> the some of the ABU's in the newsgroup, here are some of their
> 'highlights'


> Next year United will face hard reality. No eurocups, no success in
> >England, few sell-out matches, problems in management and more. The
> >dream is over. Reality'll be cruel.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, but this bloke is a cretin. He hates ALL English clubs and therefore can't
really be called an ABU (Anybody But United, for those who don't know).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >you Manchester United fans make me ill, we used to have the ' we are the
> >best ' mob a few years back but now we have the new 90's man, far more
> >sensitive to other's point of view and it's wrong. Football is not about
> >appreciating your rivals, arsenal beat you . . .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
But we've heard all kinds of "We'll win the league" ***- even from supporters
of clubs who obviously won't, like yo-yo Palace. This isn't ABUism, it's an
Arsenal fan's relish at having beaten their main rivals.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >Absolutely right. Liverpool lasted this long in the eighties, and now they're
> >back. Just about every team that has beaten Liver has beaten Manu, so bye bye
> >Fergy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nonsense, but hardly arrogance.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >Man U out of the cup, about to get their premiership title taken away from
> >them by the Almighty Gunners.
> >Looks Like things have gone from BAD to WORSE
> >Never mind Lads, there's always next year.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, one piece of arrogance, or maybe just baiting . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >What a bad night Man U!!!!
> >AH AH AH AH!!!!!!
> >When Man U in october crushed GREAT JUVENTUS (We're the best in the
> >world) ..you silly Man U supporters..felt European Championship...and
> >now?
> >We are still dancing...yeah...and you..still crying!!!
> >Juve rules

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
An Italian ABU? Paranoia is creeping in here . . .
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >Nicky ***is so useless - what does he do in a game?
> >when I see him play he cannot pass, cannot shoot and score and when he
> >tackles he fouls- he is a donkey and just runs up and down the pitch for
> >no reason - Redknapp is miles better

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
So he thinks Redknapp is better than Butt? So what? They're not the same sort
of player anyway . . . shows how much he knows, but how is this arrogance?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >i always weep tears of joy when Utd eventually muck it up. The Blues are
> >and remain the last Manchester team to win a european trophy. we may not
> >have much left but hey facts are facts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A Man City supporter, so he doesn't count.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:



> >: >
> >: > Who the hell do you think you are? You are all trendy, jump on the band
> >: > wagon people. Just because Man U is winning, you support them, watch if
> >: > Arsenal take the lead in the premiership you will support them. Most of
> >: > you don't even come from Man U and have never been there. Support your
> >: > home team, have some backbone!
> >: RIGHT ON SAM!!
> >Perfectly said!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
We've been over all this "glory hound" stuff before. People in Surrey or York
going around in Man Utd shirts (curiously a phenomenon which did not occur
prior to 1993...) is bandwagon jumping: it happens to every club who is
successful and you'll just have to live with it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:

> >Is this the beginning of the end for the "mighty" reds? Schmeical is getting
> >old, Cole is still useless no matter what anyone says, and Sherringham only
> >looks good when surrounded by ***players e.g when he played for Spurs.
> >Are the Man U fans in Surrey and Kent going to have to wait another 25 years
> >for a league title? The rest of the country hopes so!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
What he has said, apart from the bit about Cole, who is brilliant (it grieves
me to say so as a fully paid-up ABU myself), is true. People who support other
teams, even half-heartedly from armchairs, DO NOT want Man Utd to win it again
- just like most impartial observers would love it if Hearts won in Scotland
and put one over on the "Auld Firm".
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
> Now, tell me who is arrogant?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
David Beckham and Chris Sutton.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
> KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
> WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
A statement which will find little favour in Leeds, Newcastle or Sheffield.

---
"Many of us throw up our hands and say "I don't understand
this stuff"... as if ignorance of science were a badge
of artistic merit"
- Polly Toynbee
---

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Angelin » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>All we hear on this newsgroup is how arrogant the Man United
>supporters are, not a word said about the recent arrogant boasts of
>the some of the ABU's in the newsgroup, here are some of their
>'highlights'


[snip]

[snip]


>[snip again]

[more snipping]


[and again......this could go on for ever]
Quote:

[snippy snippy]



[feel like I'm performing a vasectomy now with all this snipping]
Quote:



[snip, snip, snip, snip]
Quote:



>[ooops...more snipping]


[phew.......last one!]

Quote:

>Now, tell me who is arrogant?

Arrogant?  I don't know about that so I couldn't comment on your
personality, honey!  But I tell you 1 thing - the fact that you kept all
those messages to string together in 1 post makes me think you are an
incredibly sad person........and maybe a little paranoid.   Or maybe you
just can't take people having a go at your team and their fans?

Quote:
>KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
>WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!

Pride? yeah, right <lol>

Angelina :-)
--
Leeds and proud of it!! (no matter what anyone says about my team or my
fellow fans!!)
to mail change nospam to eb93

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Ho L. » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>All we hear on this newsgroup is how arrogant the Man United
>supporters are, not a word said about the recent arrogant boasts of
>the some of the ABU's in the newsgroup, here are some of their
>'highlights'

You know, this ABU thing seems to be driving you nuts. I suggest
therapy.

--
 If we could just get everyone to close their eyes and visualize
world peace for an hour, imagine how serene and quiet it would
be, until the looting started. --Unattributed
Remove DELETE.THIS from email address to correspond                                          

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by RED DEV » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:



><Big snip>
>You are paranoid aswell as arrogant then?
>--
>Ronald Hickey                                                            
>West Ham United F.C.

Thats no answer Ronald, and you know it!

KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!


 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Steve Dibna » Fri, 10 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:



><Big snip>

>You are paranoid aswell as arrogant then?

>--
>Ronald Hickey
>West Ham United F.C.

"Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you"
OZZY OSBOURNE

Cheers!

Steve.

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by RED DEV » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>A simple answer to "Who is arrogant?":
>You are.
>===========================================================================
>Brian

And would you explain how you come to that conclusion?....just because
I am a Man United fan?

KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!


 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Dag Solb » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00



Quote:



> ><Big snip>

> >You are paranoid aswell as arrogant then?

> >--
> >Ronald Hickey
> >West Ham United F.C.

> "Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you"
> OZZY OSBOURNE

> Cheers!

> Steve.

Hallo! We are discussing football here.

From Petter Tveter Solbu


web site: http://home.sol.no/~dasolbu

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Afshin E. Rifa » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>Angelina :-)
>--
>Leeds and proud of it!! (no matter what anyone says about my team or my
>fellow fans!!)
>to mail change nospam to eb93

That is the spirit as for myself I have been a Liverpool supporter for 20
years now and stick with them true thick and thin,
 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Winsto » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> That is the spirit as for myself I have been a Liverpool supporter for 20
> years now and stick with them true thick and thin,

Hmmm..20 years...1978...won Euro cup...and went on to win everything in
sight. Hmmm..the prototype for today's typical Man U fan??:))

Try supporting Spurs for the last 12 years....One FA Cup win...a decent
CWC run....Jurgen Klismann and Sheringham...Lineker and Stewart....Allen
and Waddle......Nayim and Gazza...Campbell and Barmby...umm...That's
about it:) Its been pure  misery at times but its been worth every
second.:)

Cheers,
TLC

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by PJ » Sun, 12 Apr 1998 04:00:00


Quote:






> > ><Big snip>

> > >You are paranoid aswell as arrogant then?

> > >--
> > >Ronald Hickey
> > >West Ham United F.C.

> > "Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you"
> > OZZY OSBOURNE

> > Cheers!

> > Steve.

> Hallo! We are discussing football here.

> From Petter Tveter Solbu

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
No: Man Utd fans almost never discuss football - only their own persecution
complexes. I propose yet another newsgroup for them: alt.help.recovery.ManU

---
"Many of us throw up our hands and say "I don't understand
this stuff"... as if ignorance of science were a badge
of artistic merit"
- Polly Toynbee
---

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by FBC Houlfo » Mon, 13 Apr 1998 04:00:00

:
: Hallo! We are discussing football here.
:
: From Petter Tveter Solbu

Well that would be a first for you, Peter.

-Ben

 
 
 

Who is arrogant?

Post by Steve Jone » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

[snip]

Quote:

> And would you explain how you come to that conclusion?....just because
> I am a Man United fan?

> KEEP THE RED FLAG FLYING HIGH
> WE'RE THE PRIDE OF THE NORTH!

                         ^^^^^^

Ask people from Liverpool, Newcastle, Leeds, Sunderland, York, Bolton,
Burnley, Durham etc etc who the pride of the North is.  Don't you
feel its a little arrogant claiming to know the opinion of half of
England's population ?

--
What I know most surely in the long run, about morality and
obligations, I owe to football" Albert Camus, Novelist, Goalkeeper.
The above opinions rarely reflect my own and never my employers'
Do not add me to mailing lists violations will be billed for time.