>things to prove in the European level - the second has become a great
Batistuta, despite he is still young has a career that many would envy.
- He *Led* Argentina to two "Copa America" in 91 and 93.
- He Led Argentina to have a *WORLD RECORD* of undefeated games
for 3 years in a row. (33 games against many strong national teams
including Brazil, England at Wembley, Denmark (euro champion by that time)
Uruguay etc. etc.).
- He is the top scorer of argentina (his national team) *EVER*.
34 goals, same as Maradona. And still counting...
- He played only one World Cup, at USA94. Even tough Argentina did not go
very far, he scored at least twice (3?) and assisted another one.
He did his job
- He led his team in Argentina (Boca Juniors) to finish the regular season
*undefeated* (19 games) being the top scorer of the league. After that he went
to Fiorentina. Last time Boca Juniors finished first the regular season
was 10 yeard ago led by Maradona. I don't think Boca Juniors ever finished
- In fiorentina is an *IDOL* and almost scores whenever he wants in the
most expensive league. He was the top scorer last year, wasn'it?
- He led Fiorentina to a Cup this year in Italy.
- He had the record in Italy of most goals in consecutive games (11 games,
He still have to score in a World Cup Final and be World Champion.
May be next one... :-)
PS: He is the only player where his fans payed for naming a star
with his name. Yes, there is a star called "Gabriel Batistuta"
and he deserved it. He is the only one.
PS: while you wait for a demonstration of his power, give batistuta
to my team.