GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Roman Fig » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:29:20


Quote:

> Sweden did very well considering they played 10 against 12 for longs
> periods ;-)

Well, that PK was, erm, cheesy. Poor Henke, he could have turned the
game into a classic.

Quote:

> Tyskland will have to reconsider some defensive things.

Yupp.

Cheers
Roman

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Victoria Barret » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:35:02



Quote:
>Argentina on form (if and when) will make minced meat of our central
>defense, I'm afraid. And Miro & Poldi won't have it that easy again. I'm
>rather sceptical, though everything is possible on a good day.

People are really giving no respect to Mexico. I don't mean to sound
harsh, Roman, because others have said so too, but wait, wait.

You might be surprised in a few hours...

Quote:
>  Should have let Ljungberg take the PK; hknows
> Lehmann better.

But then, maybe Lehmann knows Ljungberg better too...

--
http://futuremd.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Myk Camero » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:36:13

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 18:48:41 +0200, anders t

Quote:

>We managed to create our ticket back into the game (the PK), but we did not
>use it. Two + one major defensive errors helped Germany take control of the
>game, and the ref did his part by looking the other way while Ljungberg was
>being brought down, and in the next moment suddenly awaken and find
>something ridiculous on the other half of the field. Germany would probably
>have won anyway, but I don't like the way it actually went. Oh well.

What was up with Sweden today? Asleep on defence for the first 15
minutes (in fact they seemed to just stand back and watch as Podolski
scored the first goal), Lucic makes a stupid and unnecessary challenge
that results in a second yellow, and Larsson is frozen out waiting on
the pk while they make a substitution.

Myk

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Victoria Barret » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 02:46:37

As I await the lineups for the next match, here are some telling stats
on this match:

STATISTICS, GERMANY : SWEDEN

shots on target :  9 - 1  
shots off target :  16 - 3  
possession (%) :  59 - 41  
corner kicks :  4 - 4  
offsides :  4 - 1  
fouls :  15 - 21  
yellow cards :  1 - 4  
red cards :  0 - 1

Courtesy: LIVESCORE.COM

--
http://futuremd.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Myk Camero » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:01:00

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 19:46:41 +0200, anders t

Quote:

>Quoting Myk Cameron in rec.sport.soccer:

>>What was up with Sweden today? Asleep on defence for the first 15
>>minutes (in fact they seemed to just stand back and watch as Podolski
>>scored the first goal), Lucic makes a stupid and unnecessary challenge
>>that results in a second yellow, and Larsson is frozen out waiting on
>>the pk while they make a substitution.

>The obvious reason is of course that FIFA and Germany have promised Sweden
>something for the future in return for giving up this game... The next
>European WC, or via UEFA, the next EC?

*** theories? I was actually half wondering if Lucic had been
bought, following the awful central defending on the two goals, and
two silly yellows  :-P

Myk

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Myk Camero » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:02:24

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 13:46:37 -0400, Victoria Barrett

Quote:

>As I await the lineups for the next match, here are some telling stats
>on this match:

>STATISTICS, GERMANY : SWEDEN

>shots on target :  9 - 1  
>shots off target :  16 - 3  
>possession (%) :  59 - 41  
>corner kicks :  4 - 4  
>offsides :  4 - 1  
>fouls :  15 - 21  
>yellow cards :  1 - 4  
>red cards :  0 - 1

Does the pk count as a shot off target?

Always wondered this.

Myk

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by d0ast » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:17:29

anders t skrev:

Quote:
> Sweden must learn how to play 4-2-3-1. Not as the sole set-up but for games
> like this. The Germans managed to make Linderoth move away from the center
> having him running in vain to the sides. We should have had two holding
> players today. I'm sure the Klinsmann outsmarted Lagerb?ck in this respect.

Outsmarting Lagerb?ck? Couldn't be too hard.

Who's our next coach?

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Neil Gerac » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:26:14


Quote:

>>   Jogo bonito from zee Germans?  Who would've thunk it.  Poor Sweden
>>got pwned, and never recovered.

> IAWTWP.

What does that stand for?
 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Myk Camero » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 03:28:27

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 20:05:44 +0200, anders t

Quote:

>Quoting Myk Cameron in rec.sport.soccer:

>>*** theories? I was actually half wondering if Lucic had been
>>bought, following the awful central defending on the two goals, and
>>two silly yellows  :-P

>Isn't that a *** theory, too? :)

Exactly. But since you gave one, I had to join in!

Myk

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by AixlaChapell » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:16:55

Sorry, Anders, I respect the Swedish team and the Swedish fans very
much, but you are talking your side up, imho. Within the first 30
minutes before Lucic was sent off, Germany outplayed you in every aspect
of the game. We missed plenty of very good chances just before halftime,
one absolut sitter. Being two up, even though with one man more, it's no
wonder that we slowed down a bit in the second half, safing energy for
the tasks lying in front of us. Why should we have laid permanent siege
to your goal, when the Swedes were two goals down? Ok, that could have
cost us, if Larson had made use of the penalty. Anyway, you claim, lots
of the shots had been from long distance. Your luck, since if we had
circulated the ball around like in the first half, we would have scored
one or two more. But we we hit the post two times nonetheless. But Kudos
to the Swedish team for its fighting spirit. They tried everything, but
just weren't up to it today.

Pity that the Swedish fans are going home now. They are really great.

Cheers,

Ingo

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Roman Fig » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 04:34:46

Quote:



> >Argentina on form (if and when) will make minced meat of our central
> >defense, I'm afraid. And Miro & Poldi won't have it that easy again. I'm
> >rather sceptical, though everything is possible on a good day.

> People are really giving no respect to Mexico. I don't mean to sound
> harsh, Roman, because others have said so too, but wait, wait.

I didn't mean to sound disrespectful towards Mexico; they sure play a
fine ball. But they constantly fail to deliver (except on their home
pitch) beyond R16 despite their tendency to loudmouth it a bit before.
Argentina OTOH struck me as being two steps ahead of everybody up to
now.

Quote:
> You might be surprised in a few hours...

> >  Should have let Ljungberg take the PK; hknows
> > Lehmann better.

> But then, maybe Lehmann knows Ljungberg better too...

Yeah, there's that...

Cheers
Roman

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by David Kaise » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:08:24

   That second yellow on Lucic has got to be the worst call of the world
cup. The penalty against the US was brilliant by comparison. And Simon,
SMILING about it.

    Can't believe that miss of Larson. .. could have been a great game
anyway. Back to Mexico, more later.

                David K

Quote:
> Frings MUST be carded for the hands.

> --
> All that we see, or seem,
> is but a dream, within a dream,
> installed by the Machine

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by AixlaChapell » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:06:50

Quote:
> IMO, today's game isn't a true measure of the relative strength between
> Germany and Sweden, but I have little doubt Germany is a bit better than
> Sweden, nevertheless.

Maybe. I actually feared Sweden very much,  because I didn't know how
good our defence really is, and Sweden, as is well known, have very good
strikers. But I think we are making progess. Three games without
conceding one single goal is an achievment. This team is young, has some
promising players and gets better every day. Each game is so important
because we hadn't a serious game for two years. Sweden was the first big
test for us.

Cheers,

Ingo

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by Myk Camero » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 05:54:42



Quote:
>   That second yellow on Lucic has got to be the worst call of the world
>cup. The penalty against the US was brilliant by comparison. And Simon,
>SMILING about it.

Obstruction has been consistently rewarded with yellows this World
Cup. No argument on that one.

Quote:
>    Can't believe that miss of Larson. .. could have been a great game
>anyway. Back to Mexico, more later.

It was distinctly Beckham-like. Gotta feel sorry for him, but us too.
Hard to say what would have happened at 2-1 - would Germany have
pressed for a third?

Myk

 
 
 

GERMANY v. SWEDEN [R, WC 2006/2nd Round]

Post by SHUSSBA » Mon, 26 Jun 2006 07:36:52

Quote:

> ***Y HELL!

> Lucic's yellow card => red because SIMON GIVES Germany a free ride by not
> giving Ljungberg the freekick!

> We don't need the REF to aid the Germans!

FIFA plan s for the final is GERMANY-SWITZERLAND. You know, cossy,
beetween friends,***tail, wifes swap beetween the KAiser and Blatter,
etc etc