Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by 100% Isento De Toxina » Mon, 15 May 2006 05:20:43


It's official:

Bruno Vale (Porto)
Paulo Ribeiro (Porto)
Daniel Fernandes (PAOK)

Semedo (Sporting)
Jos Castro (Acadmica, headed for Atltico Madrid)
Nlson (Benfica)
Nuno Morais (Chelsea)
Pedro Ribeiro (Porto)
Rolando (Belenenses, for now)

Custdio (Sporting)
Jo?o Moutinho (Sporting)
Bruno Amaro (Penafiel, for now)
Diogo Valente (Boavista, for now)
Manuel Fernandes (Benfica)
Raul Meireles (Porto)

Nani (Sporting)
Louren?o (Sporting)
Varela (Sporting)
Filipe Oliveira (Chelsea)
Hugo Almeida (Porto)
Quaresma (Porto)
Ricardo Vaz T (Bolton)

The public and media are already up in arms over the fact that Quaresma
and Moutinho are on this list instead of on Scolari's World Cup list to
be announced on Monday but I would not be surprised to see one or both
upgraded to Scolari's list before the WC. One thing is for sure if
Scolari takes Sim?o to the World Cup instead of Quaresma NOBODY will
understand the reasoning for that nor is there a logical explanation
for taking Hugo Viana instead of Jo?o Moutinho.

IF Ricardo Costa is on Scolari's list on Monday I will not even watch
the WC (unless we play against England and Spain). There is no possible
logical explanation for a player the calibre of Ricardo Costa being on
Scolari's list, NONE, it's would be an indefensible choice on Scolari's
part because Ricardo Costa is amongst the very worst players ever to be
called up, if Ricardo Costa gets the nod I will consider this an insult
to the public's intelligence on Scolari's part. I cannot and will not
support a Squad that tries to pass Ricardo Costa off as a National
Squad calibre player, it's insulting.

Diogo Valente is a BUM, Tiago Targino would have been a better choice
as would Porto's Ivanildo.

I'm not sure if Filipe Oliveira is still on Chelsea's books or has been
let go last Summer.

All and all it's not a bad U-21 squad, its' the strongest it's been for
3 years but it's still not as good as the Squad that had Quaresma,
Ronaldo, Hugo Viana, Tiago, Postiga and Moreira.

This squad is likely to be forced to play in a 4-3-3 because with
players like Moutinho, Meireles and Fernandes I can't see either of
them on the bench so they'll probably constitute a wingerless midfield
trio and the forward trio will be Hugo Almeida flanked by Quaresma and
another winger.

I have no idea what the Back-4 will be, none of the centre-backs on the
list is a garanteed starter and frankly unless my eyes are deceiving me
there's only one full-back on the list (Nelson) and no left-backs, I'm
not even sure if there's a left-footed centre-back on that list.

My XI would be:

Bruno Vale, Keeper.

Nelson, Rigth-Back.
Rolando, Centre-Back.
Semedo, Centre-Back.
Nuno Morais, improvised Left-Back.

Raul Meireles Defensive Midfielder.
Moutinho, Inside-Left.
Manuel Fernandes, Inside-Right.

Hugo Almeida, Striker.
Quaresma, Right-Winger.
Nani, Left-Winger.

Andr (Sporting)

 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by Xerxe » Mon, 15 May 2006 06:25:38



:
: It's official:

Espantoso: o Benfica consegue meter dois jogadores neste grupo!
--


 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by Pentadrag? » Mon, 15 May 2006 06:29:09


Quote:
> Espantoso: o Benfica consegue meter dois jogadores neste grupo!

Mas um deles (Nelson) vai coxo.

 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by 100% Isento De Toxina » Mon, 15 May 2006 06:51:36

Quote:



> :
> : It's official:

> Espantoso: o Benfica consegue meter dois jogadores neste grupo!

Yeah, but neither one is really Portuguese. Both Fernandes and Nelson
are Cabo-Verdianos. Fernandes is a good intelligent kid but Nelson is
just uneducated trash.

Andr

 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by Chalana Lopes da Silv » Mon, 15 May 2006 06:57:12

queiras tu ter um lixo daqueles na tua equipa,,,,
 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by 100% Isento De Toxina » Mon, 15 May 2006 07:17:55


Quote:
> queiras tu ter um lixo daqueles na tua equipa,,,,

Abel is a much better right-back than Nelson. In fact anybody with a
pair of eyes and a fair degree of common sense can see as much.

And Paulo Ferreira is better than Miguel too, Miguel can't defend and
his passing ability in the final 30 meters is crap. Miguel is just a
Douala with dribbling ability, no more, no less.

Luis Filipe is technically and defensively a ***player, I can't
believe Porto will buy both him and Diogo Valente in the same season,
awfull waste of money if you ask me.

Abel played 17 league games for Sporting during which Sporting suffered
only 4 goals (2 of those were Penalties), in those same 17 weeks
Benfica suffered 17 goals and Porto 6 therefore Sporting had the best
defensive record of the 2nd half of the Championship.

4 goals suffered by Sporting Vs 17 goals by Benfica? Still think Nelson
is even remotely in Abel's league?

Nelson is perfectly at home at "Piss in the Stairway FC".

Next season we mighty see the debut of Porto's new Back-3 with Jo?o
Paulo, Pepe and Bosingwa which in my mind is a world class Back-3 and I
very much look forward to that as well as to see how Abel, Tonel, Polga
and Caneira do in the Champions League.

Andr

 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by Chalana Lopes da Silv » Mon, 15 May 2006 08:31:18

Abel????,,,caim caim caim
 
 
 

Portugal's squad for the U-21 Euro.

Post by 100% Isento De Toxina » Mon, 15 May 2006 09:04:09


Quote:
> Abel????,,,caim caim caim

That was a very uncatholic attitude you just had.

P.S. In English, it's "Cain" not "Caim", when you say "Caim" you sound
like a dog who just had his balls chopped off by nurse Barrett.

Andr