airport in Milan (red-faced)

airport in Milan (red-faced)

Post by strev.. » Fri, 14 Oct 1994 07:51:20



Description: Re: airport in Milan (red-faced)

Quote:

>>FYI:  "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" is the official name of the stadium
>>      that is also known as "San Siro".  Giuseppe Meazza was the team
>>      captain of the 1938 Italian World Cup team.

>I knew I should have respected the original request and answer privately. I've
>always known "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" only as "San Siro". In retrospect,
>I couldn't understand why a major match in Milan would be played anywhere
>but San Siro. Now I understand my confusion. In defence, when my hosts took
>me to my first match at Stadio Meazza, they only referred to it as San Siro.
>Who am I to argue with a Milanese? :-)

You won't get Milan fans to call San Siro by the other name. Meazza
was an Inter player.
San Siro is the older name of the stadium, and is still used both by
people and by the media. The name comes from the fact that it stands in the
San Siro neighborhood of the town of Milan.

Saluti e forza Milan,

Siro

 
 
 

airport in Milan (red-faced)

Post by Sandy Canet » Thu, 13 Oct 1994 22:38:20


 on 12 Oct 1994 01:48:38 GMT,

Quote:


>> on 10 Oct 1994 18:12:49 -0700,

>>>Hi, I would like to know what is the name of the airport in
>>>Milan, and how far is from Stadium Meatsa. Are there any youth
>>>hostels in Milan; This is for the Milan-AEK game on 2nd Nov.

>>There are two airports that serve Milan, Malpensa and Linate. Malpensa handles
>>most of the international traffic, while Linate handles the European traffic.
>>I'm not familiar with the stadium, I've only been to San Siro. But is you
>>don't get an answer, I can find out easily enough for you. Enjoy the match,
>>although I don't think you'll like the result, since Milan will win :)

>FYI:  "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" is the official name of the stadium
>      that is also known as "San Siro".  Giuseppe Meazza was the team
>      captain of the 1938 Italian World Cup team.

>==

>Dept. of Materials Science and Engineering
>416 Bard Hall, Cornell University
>Ithaca, NY  14853-1501   USA

I knew I should have respected the original request and answer privately. I've
always known "Stadio Giuseppe Meazza" only as "San Siro". In retrospect,
I couldn't understand why a major match in Milan would be played anywhere
but San Siro. Now I understand my confusion. In defence, when my hosts took
me to my first match at Stadio Meazza, they only referred to it as San Siro.
Who am I to argue with a Milanese? :-)

As the saying goes, you learn something new every day.



 
 
 

airport in Milan (red-faced)

Post by Sandy Canet » Fri, 14 Oct 1994 21:47:11



<older stuff deleted>

Quote:
>You won't get Milan fans to call San Siro by the other name. Meazza
>was an Inter player.

Thanks, that explains why I've only heard it referred to as San Siro. I
hang out with the right crowd :-)

Quote:
>San Siro is the older name of the stadium, and is still used both by
>people and by the media. The name comes from the fact that it stands in the
>San Siro neighborhood of the town of Milan.

>Saluti e forza Milan,

>Siro