The Rivalry Shield in 2013 (Clement v The Scrutineer) April 6 Update

The Rivalry Shield in 2013 (Clement v The Scrutineer) April 6 Update

Post by The Scrutinee » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 03:14:21


Rivalry Head-to-Head
Clement    5-6    The Scrutineer

Rivalry Game Victories
Clement        Use-the-Scalp                         (Euro 2012)
Clement        Sophisticated Prediction Contest      (Euro 2012)
Clement        Unnecessarily Unsophisticated Contest (Euro 2012)
The Scrutineer    Eurotrash Pool Tracker                (Euro 2012)
The Scrutineer    March of the Underdogs                (Various)
The Scrutineer    Unsophisticated Transfer Market PC    (Various)
The Scrutineer    Chicken!                              (Various)
The Scrutineer    Fox Outside the Box Season I          (Various)
Clement        Guess Who?                            (Various)
The Scrutineer    UPT Season 17                            (Various)
Clement    Mono-Poly                            (Various)

In Game Head-to-Head
Clement    1-0    The Scrutineer    (Guess Who? Match 5)
Clement    1-0    The Scrutineer    (UPT Season 17 Match 2, Nurnberg 1-1
Hamburg) (DRAWN)
Clement    2-0    The Scrutineer    (UPT Season 17 Match 5, Stuttgart 1-4
Werder Bremen)

Rivalry Honour Board
Clement    (Use-the-Scalp)    Overall Winner
The Scrutineer    (Chicken!)      Overall Winner

Contests in progress
Semi-Sophisticated prediction contest (Mark V)
Top and Bottom (MH)
Fox outside the Box Season II (The Scrutineer)
UPT (Potential cup meeting) (Milivella)
SPC UCL 2012/13 (I think MH)

Few notes
*    I have no idea how we declare a winner for Mark V's game, I suggest we
s***it as it was a short lived adventure, I'll settle to leave it on the
side though, your thoughts?
*    MH's game however is slightly different, it had a good long run before
I was declared overall winner, but it may return, which is why we left it on
the side, but I doubt it will return before the end of the season with so
many leagues already wrapped up... I suggest I claim game and honour board
points for this one... but I'll settle to leave it also...
*    I currently lead 16.5 - 15 in FotB II, which could end at any point in
the next two weeks I'd say, so it's still open...
*    Not sure on what will happen with the UPT cup, I'll be away on a three
month European holiday from April 28, I doubt we will meet, yet to decide on
participation, it will depend on whether Binder (or someone can predict for
me)
*    I'm absolutely convinced we have missed a game here... (I can smell a
forgotten defeat somehwere)
*    This rivalry never disappoints, it is 6-5, we're too close to separate,
but head to head is one sided so far!!!

 
 
 

The Rivalry Shield in 2013 (Clement v The Scrutineer) April 6 Update

Post by Clémen » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 03:34:10

"The Scrutineer"  escreveu:

Quote:
> Contests in progress
> Semi-Sophisticated prediction contest (Mark V)
> Top and Bottom (MH)
> Fox outside the Box Season II (The Scrutineer)
> UPT (Potential cup meeting) (Milivella)
> SPC UCL 2012/13 (I think MH)

I'm not participating in the last one, unfortunately. I am participating in
the Europa League knockout SPC, though.

Quote:
> Few notes
> *    I have no idea how we declare a winner for Mark V's game, I suggest
> we s***it as it was a short lived adventure, I'll settle to leave it on
> the side though, your thoughts?

Agreed.

Quote:
> *    MH's game however is slightly different, it had a good long run
> before I was declared overall winner, but it may return, which is why we
> left it on the side, but I doubt it will return before the end of the
> season with so many leagues already wrapped up... I suggest I claim game
> and honour board points for this one... but I'll settle to leave it
> also...

My understanding was that the game would return, too. Did MH declare you
overall winner? Regardless, we can declare you winner for Shield purposes.
The game had a long enough run, as you say. Also, IIRC, you had a large
lead.

Quote:
> *    I currently lead 16.5 - 15 in FotB II, which could end at any point
> in the next two weeks I'd say, so it's still open...

Major ***job by me in the stretch drive. All I had to do was to copy your
picks.

Quote:
> *    Not sure on what will happen with the UPT cup, I'll be away on a
> three month European holiday from April 28, I doubt we will meet, yet to
> decide on participation, it will depend on whether Binder (or someone can
> predict for me)

Even if Binder (or someone else) replaces you, I don't think any game played
in your absence should count.

Quote:
> *    I'm absolutely convinced we have missed a game here... (I can smell a
> forgotten defeat somehwere)

I can't think of any.

Quote:
> *    This rivalry never disappoints, it is 6-5, we're too close to
> separate, but head to head is one sided so far!!!

=)

Abra?o,

Luiz Mello

 
 
 

The Rivalry Shield in 2013 (Clement v The Scrutineer) April 6 Update

Post by The Scrutinee » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 04:27:16

"The Scrutineer"  escreveu:

Quote:
> Contests in progress
> Semi-Sophisticated prediction contest (Mark V)
> Top and Bottom (MH)
> Fox outside the Box Season II (The Scrutineer)
> UPT (Potential cup meeting) (Milivella)
> SPC UCL 2012/13 (I think MH)

> I'm not participating in the last one, unfortunately. I am participating
> in the Europa League knockout SPC, though.

Damn it!!!

Quote:
> Few notes
> *    I have no idea how we declare a winner for Mark V's game, I suggest
> we s***it as it was a short lived adventure, I'll settle to leave it on
> the side though, your thoughts?

> Agreed.

Scrapped

Quote:
> *    MH's game however is slightly different, it had a good long run
> before I was declared overall winner, but it may return, which is why we
> left it on the side, but I doubt it will return before the end of the
> season with so many leagues already wrapped up... I suggest I claim game
> and honour board points for this one... but I'll settle to leave it
> also...

> My understanding was that the game would return, too. Did MH declare you
> overall winner? Regardless, we can declare you winner for Shield purposes.
> The game had a long enough run, as you say. Also, IIRC, you had a large
> lead.

Yes I think I won it, I was leading and well, at least I remember him
mentioning congratulations, but it better return damn quick, the season is
nearing an end!!!

(I'll try find the post, but it might be better if we can get his attention
on the matter, maybe this can fall into the category of the s***heap also,
it reads good on the honour board, but it doesn't feel like a win when the
game is cut short. the only aspect it did feel good was JP copied me, or had
the same mindset in making predictions when he was leading by a few, and I
worked the deadline well to overtake him)

The lead wasn't too big, it was a case of playing every round which meant I
got a lead over the rest who I think missed a week or two, I don't think I
was catchable by the end, with all the leagues suffering from uncatchable
tops and bottoms!!!

We perhaps better leave it at least until the season ends, where then it
would be safe to say it's officially over!!!

Quote:
> *    I currently lead 16.5 - 15 in FotB II, which could end at any point
> in the next two weeks I'd say, so it's still open...

> Major ***job by me in the stretch drive. All I had to do was to copy
> your picks.

This has inspired me for a potential season III, where before you begin the
season, you name a special "Rival Player" who can't copy your pick!!!

We will see, I'm very flexible with ideas!!!

Kudos though, you made it interesting, and I tried my absolute hardest to
differ from your selections and got lucky, it might turn this weekend
however, I've learned the hard way not to get ahead of myself, you can rest
assured I wont copy your selections, even if I'm ahead unless Messi is
drawn... (this one is kind of hard, because I'm the gamemaster, it's
slightly favoured to me, perhaps if you e-mail Milivella or someone with
your selection and he can inform the thread post deadline of the fixture?
Maybe I'm looking into it too much)

Quote:
> *    Not sure on what will happen with the UPT cup, I'll be away on a
> three month European holiday from April 28, I doubt we will meet, yet to
> decide on participation, it will depend on whether Binder (or someone can
> predict for me)

> Even if Binder (or someone else) replaces you, I don't think any game
> played in your absence should count.

If it's Binder I trust him, we think a little alike when it comes to
predictions, but I'll leave this one on your say, which makes sense!!!
Quote:
> *    I'm absolutely convinced we have missed a game here... (I can smell a
> forgotten defeat somehwere)

> I can't think of any.

> *    This rivalry never disappoints, it is 6-5, we're too close to
> separate, but head to head is one sided so far!!!

>=)


 
 
 

The Rivalry Shield in 2013 (Clement v The Scrutineer) April 6 Update

Post by Clémen » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 04:47:51

"The Scrutineer"  escreveu:

Quote:

>> My understanding was that the game would return, too. Did MH declare you
>> overall winner? Regardless, we can declare you winner for Shield
>> purposes. The game had a long enough run, as you say. Also, IIRC, you had
>> a large lead.

(...)
> (I'll try find the post, but it might be better if we can get his
> attention on the matter, maybe this can fall into the category of the
> s***heap also, it reads good on the honour board, but it doesn't feel
> like a win when the game is cut short.

I'll leave it for you to decide. While I understand that it may not feel
right to count an unfinished game, I'm perfectly OK with you being declared
the winner. Feel free to claim your deserved point!

(...)

Quote:
> The lead wasn't too big, it was a case of playing every round which meant
> I got a lead over the rest who I think missed a week or two, I don't think
> I was catchable by the end, with all the leagues suffering from
> uncatchable tops and bottoms!!!

Yes. The only way to catch you would be if you missed at least one week - or
two, as the available points each round became fewer.

Quote:
> We perhaps better leave it at least until the season ends, where then it
> would be safe to say it's officially over!!!

I think it's safe to say it's over. I don't think MH plans to bring it back,
or he would have already done so.

(...)

Quote:
>> Major ***job by me in the stretch drive. All I had to do was to copy
>> your picks.

> This has inspired me for a potential season III, where before you begin
> the season, you name a special "Rival Player" who can't copy your pick!!!

> We will see, I'm very flexible with ideas!!!

I was planning to suggest to make all picks secret. The problem with this is
that the gamemaster wouldn't be allowed to play any longer, or at least
would need to be the first to submit his picks - publicly - which would put
him at a disadvantage.

For now, I think it's OK as it is. I played you to the deadline on one
recent round, having full opportunity to copy your pick, and still didn't do
that. Like I said, a *choke*.

Quote:
> Kudos though, you made it interesting, and I tried my absolute hardest to
> differ from your selections and got lucky, it might turn this weekend
> however, I've learned the hard way not to get ahead of myself, you can
> rest assured I wont copy your selections, even if I'm ahead

You're a 100% free to do so. If anything, because we can like the same match
in any round, so how should you be forbidden to pick your favorite match
just because I did the same?

Quote:
> unless Messi is drawn... (this one is kind of hard, because I'm the
> gamemaster, it's slightly favoured to me, perhaps if you e-mail Milivella
> or someone with your selection and he can inform the thread post deadline
> of the fixture? Maybe I'm looking into it too much)

You are, it's not necessary.

Abra?o,

Luiz Mello