It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by symbiotr.. » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 01:35:26


Another reinforcement for Atltico de Madrid. This year, they have no
excuses, really. I think we are going to see a very hard-fought liga.

Best,

SMT

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Richar » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 01:44:00


Quote:

> Another reinforcement for Atltico de Madrid. This year, they have no
> excuses, really. I think we are going to see a very hard-fought liga.

the best league in the world....again.

of course i would say that, wouldn't i?

-richard

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Lucky Devi » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 08:50:11

Quote:



> > Another reinforcement for Atltico de Madrid. This year, they have no
> > excuses, really. I think we are going to see a very hard-fought liga.

> the best league in the world....again.

> of course i would say that, wouldn't i?

Not totally in direct belief with the "best league in the
world....again" comment, but where do you really expect Atletico to
finish this year? I'll give them top 5, Maniche is a good signing.

--
Neighborhood Superstar,

Devin Tregre
"The mongrel dog who tucks its tail between its legs and runs away from

battle without fighting, shall not bark!" - Haijime Saitoh

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Richar » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 10:37:58



Quote:
> Not totally in direct belief with the "best league in the
> world....again" comment,

england, france, and germany are a joke because we already know who will
win. serie a is diminished by the scandal and the subsequent talent
exodus. that leaves good old la liga.

but where do you really expect Atletico to

Quote:
> finish this year? I'll give them top 5, Maniche is a good signing.

expectations are a funny thing when it comes to atletico. they're famous
for having a good to great team on paper, but they never really bear
down and get results when they have to. we'll have to see how aguirre
puts the pieces together. with the talent on offer i'd be disgusted if
they don't make it into the champions league, but real madrid have shown
that splashing money around doesn't always make champions.

-richard

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by alkami.. » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:15:49

Quote:



> > Not totally in direct belief with the "best league in the
> > world....again" comment,

> england, france, and germany are a joke because we already know who will
> win. serie a is diminished by the scandal and the subsequent talent
> exodus. that leaves good old la liga.

So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
than the English, French, and German leagues?
 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Victoria Barret » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 12:31:11


Quote:



>> > Not totally in direct belief with the "best league in the
>> > world....again" comment,

>> england, france, and germany are a joke because we already know who will
>> win. serie a is diminished by the scandal and the subsequent talent
>> exodus. that leaves good old la liga.

>So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
>Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
>than the English, French, and German leagues?

Added to what Alkamista is saying, Richard, I don't think the EPL is a
done deal this season.

All of the top teams, save Man U, have failed to impress, and possibly
just possibly, this is because of greater parity in the league.

Oooh, the NFL word.

--
http://futuremd.blogspot.com/

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Richar » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 19:37:07


Quote:

> So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
> Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
> than the English, French, and German leagues?

being 'open' isn't enough on its own. the quality of play has to be very
high, something that isn't true for any of the leagues you mentioned.

it's just one man's opinion.

-richard

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by alkami.. » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 22:25:47

Quote:



> > So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
> > Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
> > than the English, French, and German leagues?

> being 'open' isn't enough on its own. the quality of play has to be very
> high, something that isn't true for any of the leagues you mentioned.

My remark was of a facetious nature because you had made such a blanket
statement. La Liga hasnt exactly been a multiple horse race the last
couple of seasons. And if RM dont sort their shit out and Valencia
cannot blend their new purchases in effectively then it might well be a
one horse race as well.
Let's let a couple of months pass before making judgements on any
league.
 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Richar » Fri, 01 Sep 2006 23:48:55


Quote:

> My remark was of a facetious nature because you had made such a blanket
> statement. La Liga hasnt exactly been a multiple horse race the last
> couple of seasons. And if RM dont sort their shit out and Valencia
> cannot blend their new purchases in effectively then it might well be a
> one horse race as well.
> Let's let a couple of months pass before making judgements on any
> league.

no. i said it was only an opinion. i'll give my opinions whenever i want.
if you don't like them, you can post here and explain why. that's how
this whole newsgroup thing works. it would be an awfully quiet and
boring place around here if everybody only stated the obvious.

-richard

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by alkami.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:31:59

Quote:



> > My remark was of a facetious nature because you had made such a blanket
> > statement. La Liga hasnt exactly been a multiple horse race the last
> > couple of seasons. And if RM dont sort their shit out and Valencia
> > cannot blend their new purchases in effectively then it might well be a
> > one horse race as well.
> > Let's let a couple of months pass before making judgements on any
> > league.

> no. i said it was only an opinion. i'll give my opinions whenever i want.
> if you don't like them, you can post here and explain why. that's how
> this whole newsgroup thing works. it would be an awfully quiet and
> boring place around here if everybody only stated the obvious.

Tranquilo amigo, I never denied you nor disparaged your opinion. I
disagreed with it and gave you *my* opinion. When I said "let a couple
of months pass" it was my opinion that it would be more prudent to see
how things play out before making judgements, not some kind of
imperative to be followed.
 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by wanyik.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 00:41:53

Quote:

> > Not totally in direct belief with the "best league in the
> > world....again" comment,

> england, france, and germany are a joke because we already know who will
> win.

I'd be shocked if Barca didn't win.

I'd be shocked if Madrid didn't qualify for the ECL comfortably.

I don't think England is as foregone a conclusion as people are making
it out to be though, and quality outside of the top Champions League
teams is pretty good:-

Martins, Duff, Mascherano, Tevez, Lennon, King, Berbatov.

Sure you can probably say the same in Spain, maybe in Germany, I have
my doubts about Italy...but I wouldn't know 100% sure as the
Premiership is the league I follow the most.

I think it'd be less surprising for Liverpool or United to win the
Premiership than it would for Valencia or Madrid to do so.

But that alone isn't the measure of a league, for me it's the quality
of players playing outside of the top four or so teams.

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by Richar » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:22:58


Quote:

> Tranquilo amigo, I never denied you nor disparaged your opinion. I
> disagreed with it and gave you *my* opinion. When I said "let a couple
> of months pass" it was my opinion that it would be more prudent to see
> how things play out before making judgements, not some kind of
> imperative to be followed.

your point is well taken. however, i am not as calm and rational as you.
i am an admitted la liga fan. bar?a won the CL last year, serie a looks
weaker, and i want to celebrate it.

all in good fun. :)

-richard

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by MH » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:33:32

Quote:




>>>So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
>>>Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
>>>than the English, French, and German leagues?

>>being 'open' isn't enough on its own. the quality of play has to be very
>>high, something that isn't true for any of the leagues you mentioned.

> My remark was of a facetious nature because you had made such a blanket
> statement. La Liga hasnt exactly been a multiple horse race the last
> couple of seasons.

But Barca have dropped FAR more points than Lyon, Juve, and Chelsea did.

Plus the UEFA coefficients still show Spain as the top league, and they
hold the CL and UEFA cup titles. There is more objective evidence for
Spain being the best league in Europe than any other.

  And if RM dont sort their shit out and Valencia

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
> cannot blend their new purchases in effectively then it might well be a
> one horse race as well.
> Let's let a couple of months pass before making judgements on any
> league.

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by alkami.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:44:55

Quote:





> >>>So if that's the criteria then can one deduce that if the Dutch,
> >>>Danish, or Romanian leagues are more 'open' then they are also better
> >>>than the English, French, and German leagues?

> >>being 'open' isn't enough on its own. the quality of play has to be very
> >>high, something that isn't true for any of the leagues you mentioned.

> > My remark was of a facetious nature because you had made such a blanket
> > statement. La Liga hasnt exactly been a multiple horse race the last
> > couple of seasons.

> But Barca have dropped FAR more points than Lyon, Juve, and Chelsea did.

> Plus the UEFA coefficients still show Spain as the top league, and they
> hold the CL and UEFA cup titles. There is more objective evidence for
> Spain being the best league in Europe than any other.

I dont deny that La Liga might be the best league. My main issue was
with the criteria used.

On an accompanying note, the UEFA coefficients are the best objective
determinant. However, it would be interesting for someone to do a
comparative analysis based on a spectrum of criteria. At least for
starters, maybe a ranking of Europe's big 5 on these criteria:

1) UEFA coefficient (directly representative of performance in European
competition)
2) Tactical sophistication
3) World class players
4) Entertainment value
5) Quality from top to bottom

Maybe a 1-5 point evaluation for each category (5 for 1st, 1 for last)
and then a total?

 
 
 

It′s official: Maniche to Atlético

Post by alkami.. » Sat, 02 Sep 2006 01:47:50

Quote:

> your point is well taken. however, i am not as calm and rational as you.
> i am an admitted la liga fan. bar?a won the CL last year, serie a looks
> weaker, and i want to celebrate it.

> all in good fun. :)

> -richard

No worries. Miscommunication on a 0's and 1's medium is commonplace.