ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

Post by John Arno » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 04:54:02


I'd be grateful if someone would post this result soon. Cheers.
 
 
 

ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

Post by Richard Moor » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 08:24:32


Quote:

> I'd be grateful if someone would post this result soon. Cheers.

Man Utd 3-0 Sheff Utd

Keane scores two on his home debut (Already bin done I'm 'fraid  ;-)  )

AND

QPR 1-3 Liverpool

Cloughie Scores AGAIN

Richard Moores - Koppite In Exile                    
Bell-Northern Research, Ottawa, Canada.  

FAX:(613) 763-7283 Phone:(613) 763-4687
My opinions, not BNR's  

Liverpool Football Club
THE most succesfull English Club
of all time...just check the facts

 
 
 

ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

Post by Dave Par » Fri, 20 Aug 1993 22:22:08



: >
: > I'd be grateful if someone would post this result soon. Cheers.

: Man Utd 3-0 Sheff Utd

: Keane scores two on his home debut (Already bin done I'm 'fraid  ;-)  )

Sorry to disagree old chap, but Keane is the first in the Premier to
do it this season. If one takes a level playing field and takes the
the time taken to do so from the start of each home debut, then Keane
has done it first - scoring in the 16 and 43rd minute. Clough scored
his second late in the game against Wednesday and therefore one can
see that he is indeed the second player to do so. Another first for
Mr. keane is that he did it against a team containing 11 players as
opposed to Mr. Clough who did it against a team containing less than
the full complement, namely 10.

Play up United!

Your error was highlighted and rectified by :

MR. PEDANTIC
("He's a right tasty geezer and no mistake guvner")

 
 
 

ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

Post by Jesper Laurids » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 08:24:11

Quote:

>Sorry to disagree old chap, but Keane is the first in the Premier to
>do it this season. If one takes a level playing field and takes the
>the time taken to do so from the start of each home debut, then Keane
>has done it first - scoring in the 16 and 43rd minute. Clough scored
>his second late in the game against Wednesday and therefore one can
>see that he is indeed the second player to do so.

If you are going to be pedantic, then you really can't refer to '48 as
being "late in the game".

Quote:
> Another first for
>Mr. keane is that he did it against a team containing 11 players as
>opposed to Mr. Clough who did it against a team containing less than
>the full complement, namely 10.

Well let us see Keane repeat that feat: scoring two one his home debut
against 10 man! I bet he can't do that while playing for Man. United,
so there.

And one can argue that playing with M?lby is like fielding 10 man, so
actually Clough made it despite *playing for 12 minutes on an outnumbered
team*.

Quote:
>MR. PEDANTIC
>("He's a right tasty geezer and no mistake guvner")

--
Jesper Lauridsen      | Bramming Boldklub - 2x Danmarksserie

               Treble treble for Rangers?
 
 
 

ManU-ShefU Result anyone?

Post by Dave Par » Sat, 21 Aug 1993 17:33:09


: >Sorry to disagree old chap, but Keane is the first in the Premier to
: >do it this season. If one takes a level playing field and takes the
: >the time taken to do so from the start of each home debut, then Keane
: >has done it first - scoring in the 16 and 43rd minute. Clough scored
: >his second late in the game against Wednesday and therefore one can
: >see that he is indeed the second player to do so.

: If you are going to be pedantic, then you really can't refer to '48 as
: being "late in the game".

MR. PEDANTIC SAYS:

Thank you for pointing out my error. It should have been "later"
rather than "late". Your contribution to my knowledge base is
appreciated and you will receive a credit in any forthcoming book.

: > Another first for
: >Mr. keane is that he did it against a team containing 11 players as
: >opposed to Mr. Clough who did it against a team containing less than
: >the full complement, namely 10.

: Well let us see Keane repeat that feat: scoring two one his home debut
: against 10 man! I bet he can't do that while playing for Man. United,
: so there.

MR. PEDANTIC SAYS:

By "bet" are you referring to a sporting wager for some measurable
quantity of money? If so, please state amount and preferred
currency. Inadequate information must be avoided.

: And one can argue that playing with M?lby is like fielding 10 man, so
: actually Clough made it despite *playing for 12 minutes on an outnumbered
: team*.

MR. PEDANTIC SAYS:

The phrase "10 man" is meaningless. Please refrain from including
meaningless phrases as it prohibits full understanding of your
message. Thank you.

MR. PEDANTIC
("He's so hunky")