The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Jesus Petr » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 23:19:31


Valid entries so far:

 Agnostic
 Jesus Petry
 Llo
 Miguel Tel
 Mark V
 Futbolmetrix
 Gronaldo
 Luiz Mello
 La Violeta
 Michael Hynes
 James Computer

 Thanks for joining!
 There are still 6h42min left to send your entry
to my email. Here is the spreadsheet:
 http://jesuspetry.pop.com.br

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by jvazq.. » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 02:05:13

Venezuela       A       0.20    0.25    0.45    0.05    0.05
Bolivia A       0.40    0.25    0.15    0.10    0.10
Uruguay A       0.20    0.55    0.15    0.05    0.05
Peru    A       0.20    0.55    0.15    0.05    0.05

Brazil  B       0.20    0.20    0.05    0.05    0.50
Mexico  B       0.20    0.20    0.05    0.50    0.05
Ecuador B       0.80    0.15    0.02    0.015   0.015
Chile   B       0.80    0.15    0.02    0.015   0.015

Argentina       C       0.20    0.20    0.45    0.10    0.05
USA     C       0.20    0.25    0.40    0.05    0.10
Paraguay        C       0.40    0.55    0.04    0.01    0.01
Colombia        C       0.20    0.70    0.07    0.015   0.015

Juan Vazquez

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Jesus Petr » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 04:27:26

Valid entries so far:

 Agnostic
 Jesus Petry
 Llo
 Miguel Tel
 Mark V
 Futbolmetrix
 Gronaldo
 Luiz Mello
 La Violeta
 Michael Hynes
 James Computer
 Tim Hooper
 Juan Vazquez

 Thanks for joining!
 There are still 93min left to send your entry
to my email. Here is the spreadsheet:
 http://jesuspetry.pop.com.br

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Jesus Petr » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 06:13:46

Entries closed. Thanks for joining!

Valid entries:

 Agnostic
 Jesus Petry
 Llo
 Miguel Tel
 Mark V
 Futbolmetrix
 Gronaldo
 Luiz Mello
 La Violeta
 Michael Hynes
 James Computer
 Tim Hooper
 Juan Vazquez
 PB

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Enzo » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 11:48:15


Quote:
> Same rules as ever.
> Sheet is available athttp://jesuspetry.pop.com.br.
> Submissions accepted until Jun 26 9:00 PM GMT.

>  My entry:

> Venezuela  .10   .54   .20   .07   .09
> Bolivia    .55   .40   .04   .005  .005
> Uruguay    .10   .45   .30   .07   .08
> Peru       .55   .40   .04   .005  .005

> Brazil     .20   .18   .26   .19   .17
> Mexico     .30   .25   .19   .15   .11
> Ecuador    .40   .30   .15   .08   .07
> Chile      .50   .25   .14   .06   .05

> Argentina  .10   .23   .23   .18   .26
> USA        .40   .35   .15   .06   .04
> Paraguay   .45   .30   .15   .05   .05
> Colombia   .35   .35   .15   .08   .07

>  Thanks already!

>  Tchau!
>  Jesus Petry

What are the rules?
 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Futbolmetri » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:11:05


Quote:

> My entry:

> Venezuela  .10   .54   .20   .07   .09
> Bolivia    .55   .40   .04   .005  .005
> Uruguay    .10   .45   .30   .07   .08
> Peru       .55   .40   .04   .005  .005

> Brazil     .20   .18   .26   .19   .17
> Mexico     .30   .25   .19   .15   .11
> Ecuador    .40   .30   .15   .08   .07
> Chile      .50   .25   .14   .06   .05

> Argentina  .10   .23   .23   .18   .26
> USA        .40   .35   .15   .06   .04
> Paraguay   .45   .30   .15   .05   .05
> Colombia   .35   .35   .15   .08   .07

My (winning) entry:

Team   Group   P_R1   P_QF   P_SF   P_LF   P_WF
Venezuela A    0.01    0.35  0.38    0.13  0.13
Bolivia   A    0.85    0.14  0.01    0.00  0.00
Uruguay   A    0.33    0.50  0.15    0.01  0.01
Peru      A    0.33    0.50  0.15    0.01  0.01

Brazil    B    0.01    0.09  0.10    0.40  0.40
Mexico    B    0.43    0.45  0.10    0.01  0.01
Ecuador   B    0.41    0.35  0.18    0.03  0.03
Chile     B    0.48    0.45  0.05    0.01  0.01

Argentina C    0.02    0.12  0.26    0.30  0.30
USA       C    0.38    0.38  0.18    0.03  0.03
Paraguay  C    0.33    0.34  0.25    0.04  0.04
Colombia  C    0.42    0.33  0.19    0.03  0.03

Of course the result of VEN-BOL tonight could***up my results
completely, but I'm still confident that the time has come for me to finally
win a Sophisticated Prediction Contest!

D

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Jesus Petr » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:39:34


Quote:

> > Same rules as ever.
> > Sheet is available athttp://jesuspetry.pop.com.br.
> > Submissions accepted until Jun 26 9:00 PM GMT.

> >  My entry:

> > Venezuela  .10   .54   .20   .07   .09
> > Bolivia    .55   .40   .04   .005  .005
> > Uruguay    .10   .45   .30   .07   .08
> > Peru       .55   .40   .04   .005  .005

> > Brazil     .20   .18   .26   .19   .17
> > Mexico     .30   .25   .19   .15   .11
> > Ecuador    .40   .30   .15   .08   .07
> > Chile      .50   .25   .14   .06   .05

> > Argentina  .10   .23   .23   .18   .26
> > USA        .40   .35   .15   .06   .04
> > Paraguay   .45   .30   .15   .05   .05
> > Colombia   .35   .35   .15   .08   .07

> >  Thanks already!

> >  Tchau!
> >  Jesus Petry

> What are the rules?

 http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.soccer/msg/cae89c13f84505e2

 It's too late to send a prediction now, but we organize it
for several tournaments. EPL 07/08 is next.

 Tchau!
 Jesus Petry

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by se.. » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:27:44


Quote:

> > Valid entries so far:

> >  Agnostic
> >  Jesus Petry
> >  Llo
> >  Miguel Tel
> >  Mark V
> >  Futbolmetrix
> >  Gronaldo
> >  Luiz Mello
> >  La Violeta

> >  Thanks for joining!

> I was hoping more Yanks would submit entries, given the rare US
> appearance in the Copa this year.

Here ya go: Argentina wins the Copa America.  Brazil never makes it to
the quarters, because almost no one from Europe has shown up (and
expectedly so).  Brazil has no defense, no strikers, nor goalkeeper.
This is an annoying and unimportant tournament to world class players
(and to fans like me). Plus, they scheduled it in June instead of
July.  La Liga just ended 10 days ago.

Sorry, but I don't know what all of those little numbers after each
team mean.

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Mark V » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 13:36:27


Quote:

> > I was hoping more Yanks would submit entries, given the rare US
> > appearance in the Copa this year.

> Here ya go: Argentina wins the Copa America.  Brazil never makes it to
> the quarters,

Do you mean, "Brazil won't even make the quarters"?

Otherwise, you might want to explain how Brazil won the last Copa.

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Clémen » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 22:00:15


Quote:
> Here ya go: Argentina wins the Copa America.

Thanks for the hint, but I already predicted they are favorites. And I
did so when entries to the Sophisticated Predictions Contest were
still allowed: before Copa America started.

Makes sense, or we might as well have called it the "Copa America
Sophisticated Hindsight Contest" instead.

Quote:
>  Brazil never makes it to
> the quarters, because almost no one from Europe has shown up (and
> expectedly so).

False and false, as already pointed out by a few posters in the other
thread.

(...)

Quote:
> Sorry, but I don't know what all of those little numbers after each
> team mean.

So why bother posting your prediction? Show up before competition
starts. Learn the contest rules. *Then* post your entry.

Abra?o,

Luiz Mello

 
 
 

The RSS Copa America 2007 Sophisticated Predictions Contest

Post by Enzo » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 03:24:50


Quote:


> > > Same rules as ever.
> > > Sheet is available athttp://jesuspetry.pop.com.br.
> > > Submissions accepted until Jun 26 9:00 PM GMT.

> > >  My entry:

> > > Venezuela  .10   .54   .20   .07   .09
> > > Bolivia    .55   .40   .04   .005  .005
> > > Uruguay    .10   .45   .30   .07   .08
> > > Peru       .55   .40   .04   .005  .005

> > > Brazil     .20   .18   .26   .19   .17
> > > Mexico     .30   .25   .19   .15   .11
> > > Ecuador    .40   .30   .15   .08   .07
> > > Chile      .50   .25   .14   .06   .05

> > > Argentina  .10   .23   .23   .18   .26
> > > USA        .40   .35   .15   .06   .04
> > > Paraguay   .45   .30   .15   .05   .05
> > > Colombia   .35   .35   .15   .08   .07

> > >  Thanks already!

> > >  Tchau!
> > >  Jesus Petry

> > What are the rules?

>  http://groups.google.com/group/rec.sport.soccer/msg/cae89c13f84505e2

>  It's too late to send a prediction now, but we organize it
> for several tournaments. EPL 07/08 is next.

>  Tchau!
>  Jesus Petry- Hide quoted text -

> - Show quoted text -

Man.