Live: OZ vs NZ game in NY

Live: OZ vs NZ game in NY

Post by Devereu » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00


Just back from vacation/holidays to learn that most Irish bars are not
showing the ABs vs OZ game live because it is on at 3:30 am local NY time on
Saturday morning.   I should have stayed where I was.

However, a decent bloke at the NZ Consulate suggested "The Parlour" who
confirmed that the game is being shown live at 250 West 86th Street between
West End & Broadway (#Tel: 212.580.8923).    A repeat viewing is scheduled
for 10 am.   Most other places are taping the game and showing it anywhere
from 10 am to noon.

The Kinsale Tavern on 93rd is also rumoured to be showing the game live.

Thus ends the public service announcement.

 
 
 

Live: OZ vs NZ game in NY

Post by Gary McLea » Fri, 23 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for that info, I was worried the time difference would suck for
seeing the game live. It appears that the games from OZ will be no better
off then. Games from the Republic should be OK for a Sat morning kickoff?
I've been holding out til Sunday night to watch the replay on MSG...if I
can stay away from the newsgroup for a couple of days I am safe not to
have the score exposed to me.
Cheers
G


Quote:
> Just back from vacation/holidays to learn that most Irish bars are not
> showing the ABs vs OZ game live because it is on at 3:30 am local NY time on
> Saturday morning.   I should have stayed where I was.

> However, a decent bloke at the NZ Consulate suggested "The Parlour" who
> confirmed that the game is being shown live at 250 West 86th Street between
> West End & Broadway (#Tel: 212.580.8923).    A repeat viewing is scheduled
> for 10 am.   Most other places are taping the game and showing it anywhere
> from 10 am to noon.

> The Kinsale Tavern on 93rd is also rumoured to be showing the game live.

> Thus ends the public service announcement.


 
 
 

Live: OZ vs NZ game in NY

Post by Brian Devereu » Sat, 24 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Thanks for that info, I was worried the time difference would suck for
> seeing the game live. It appears that the games from OZ will be no better
> off then.

Worse

Quote:
> Games from the Republic should be OK for a Sat morning kickoff?

Yes

Quote:
> I've been holding out til Sunday night to watch the replay on MSG...if I
> can stay away from the newsgroup for a couple of days I am safe not to
> have the score exposed to me.
> Cheers

Gutless Wuss!  Get out there!