Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Johan van Zyl - JVZ Systems » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Your reply does not make sense.
How about some logic?
Justify your No 1 Rating of Oz as on this day, 2 Aug 1998
Johan van Zyl

Quote:



>> >Well done Australia, I now rate you as number one in the world, and the All
>> >Blacks as number three or possibly four.

>> >-- Rick Boyd

>> Haha what a load of ***-how do you then explain your loss to the Almighty
>> Springboks?? SA are back where they belong -at No. 1 , noone can stop us
>> from defending our title in Wales. The Boks will comfortably beat both the
>> All Blacks and Wallabies this month , then they will complete a record
>> breaking grand slam in December on the way to picking up the Webb Ellis
>> trophy in Wales next year.

>I think there's a job for you in the Australian TV commentary team. You would
>fit right in.

>-- Rick Boyd

>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
>http://SportToday.org/; Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

CW Standard 2002, FM2
 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Johan van Zyl - JVZ Systems » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

So why did'nt you beat us iftyou are so great?
What will you say if we beat you again this month?
I did'nt know the rain was an excuse?
What will your excuse be later this month. Will you blame the weather
again or maybe the altitude.
Please tell us now why you will not win but that you will still
be rated No 1.
Remeber last year's thrasing in SA. Was'nt that a record beating for
you. What was your excuse then. Static electricity, sun spots or
whatever. I'm glad you were not my mathematics teacher, I would be
unemployable.
Try again convincing me that Oz is rated no 1 in the world.
I beg of you.
I will cross-post this to some humour groups, it will be great fun.

Quote:



>> So the boks beat both AB and OZ, therefor you rate them 2nd. Very logical
>> indeed

>> Joeboy

>Anyone notice a common thread running through these posts from SA? Are they
>keen to congratulate a team for its good play in a game in which they are
>basically neutral. No, not at all. All they want is to squawk on about their
>imagined world number one status. Me me me! Like toddlers in a sandpit.

>Let me tell you, dear little Seth Efricans, my estimation of your number two
>status is based on play, not a result from a one point win in the rain. South
>Africa have a steady team that is well organised. Australia have a talented
>team that is well organised. I don't think you'll win too many more against
>them in the next two years. Sorry about that.

>-- Rick Boyd

>-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
>http://www.dejanews.com/rg_mkgrp.xp   Create Your Own Free Member Forum

Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

CW Standard 2002, FM2

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Jonathan Chapma » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

<snip>

Quote:
>Bowman scored after 7 minutes after a suspect knock on, but then Welsh
idiot
>referee Bevan missed knock ons all day, along with numerous other basic
stuff,
>although he wasn't as pedantic as usual.

And yet Murray "Bevan is a ***er, isn't he Buck" Mexted included in his
anti-Bevan diatribe the criticism that he calls EVERYTHING a knock on?...

<snip>

Quote:
>Well done Australia, I now rate you as number one in the world,

I'd have to agree with that if Larkham maintains Saturday's form and not
what he showed against the Boks.

Quote:
> and the All
>Blacks as number three or possibly four.

Probably still third Rick - next November is the time to judge properly.

Quote:
>-- Rick Boyd

>PS I wonder if now is the time to investigate Australian citizenship.

Piece of***Rick. They gave one to me 'cos I've got a Kiwi wife. They
said. 'Course I know its because they need to widen the gene pool a bit.

Quote:
>PPS Just joking.

Yet you did sing the anthem....

JC

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by b.. » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:

> So why did'nt you beat us iftyou are so great?
> What will you say if we beat you again this month?
> I did'nt know the rain was an excuse?
> What will your excuse be later this month. Will you blame the weather
> again or maybe the altitude.
> Please tell us now why you will not win but that you will still
> be rated No 1.
> Remeber last year's thrasing in SA. Was'nt that a record beating for
> you. What was your excuse then. Static electricity, sun spots or
> whatever. I'm glad you were not my mathematics teacher, I would be
> unemployable.
> Try again convincing me that Oz is rated no 1 in the world.
> I beg of you.
> I will cross-post this to some humour groups, it will be great fun.

Let me start off with an explanation for some of the South Africans who have
tripped gaily into rsru in recent weeks, buoyed no doubt by a victory over
Australia and New Zealand. I am not Australian. I am a New Zealander. Neither
do I have any great affection for the Wallabies or Australian sports in
general. Rather strange, you might think, for someone who has lived here for
the last 17 years, but such is the odd relationship that Australia and New
Zealand citizens enjoy with each other.

So I really don't give the proverbial smelly rat's arse whether Australia or
South Africa are number one -- as far as biases go, I am probably inclined to
favour Australia due to the traditional rivalry between South Africa and New
Zealand, but it's a near run thing to decide which is worse: the usual ***
of self-praise and vain sqawking we may immediately expect from what passes
for sports journalists in Australia; or the sullen Luytisms from South Africa
about how they were the greatest team in the history of rugby all along
anyway, would have won all world cups etc etc et vomit cetera.

New Zealand no longer are number one as far as I can see, so having ruled out
suicide as an immediate solution it behoves me to offer an opinion as to the
worthy successor to the title based on the play of the two teams in question.
South Africa have good forwards and good defence but nothing I have seen of
the South African attack in the last three years convinces me they possess
match-winning strike power. If they have a quality, it is that they have a
good attitude and a good team combination.

As for the Wallabies, they have reasonable forwards but this year have
uncovered a combination in the backs that provides not only good defence, and
good service to their world class three quarters, but superb options of
attack in the halves and midfield. They seem, so far, to have a good team
combination and attitude, and they have well organised and effective game
plays.

And as for the test in Perth, we all know why South Africa won that game in
which they scored one try to Australia's two, and that is purely and simply
that Burke decided to have an off day with the boot. OK, it's history, the
points are in the books to stay, but let's face reality.

Last year's thrashing in SA was a different team in different circumstances,
and if you think big scores mean anything in the modern game then the only
pulse you have your finger on is in your trousers.

I'm sorry that none of this fits your nationalistic fervour.

And whether or not you wish to cross-post to humour groups or
alt.funny.i.had.nothing.to.say.when.SA.was.losing, I really don't care.

-- Rick Boyd

-----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==-----
http://SportToday.org/; Create Your Own Free Member Forum

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Ian Dale » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Rugby League???!!!???

Yep, I saw a game of rugby league the other day with 12-13 rucks and mauls
in a row.

It also had lots of marks inside the 22, some great pilfering of the ball in
mauls and rucks,

and and...

I don't know why I am replying to this total piece of shit post.

You Kiwi's started this running rugby stuff, told us it was how to play, and
then forgot all about it.

Not our problem.

Ian

Quote:

>yeh they played rugby league, and played it very well :D

>Nozza

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Ian Dale » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>So why did'nt you beat us iftyou are so great?

Because we didn't feel like it.

Quote:
>What will you say if we beat you again this month?

You were lucky.

Quote:
>I did'nt know the rain was an excuse?

It seemed good enough excuse for you guys not thrashing the poms by 50
points.
Goose and Gander type stuff?

Quote:
>What will your excuse be later this month. Will you blame the weather

If it rains, most likely.

Quote:
>again or maybe the altitude.

yeah, that's a good one, I'll keep that in mind.

Quote:
>Please tell us now why you will not win but that you will still
>be rated No 1.

Because we are going to introduce a system into world rugby which says that
no matter how good SA are, they will only ever be able to obtain a maximum
ranking of #2. There will be no logical excuse for this except maybe because
they are different.

Quote:
>Remeber last year's thrasing in SA. Was'nt that a record beating for
>you. What was your excuse then. Static electricity, sun spots or
>whatever. I'm glad you were not my mathematics teacher, I would be
>unemployable.

Actually, I believe the problems were stemmed around the administration,
coaching and selection woes we can now safely say is behind us. SA were a
better team back then, but ask the AB's and they will tell you, a lot can
change in one year (or less).

Quote:
>Try again convincing me that Oz is rated no 1 in the world.
>I beg of you.

Okay, we are, we really really really are.
Convinced? Didn't think so.

Quote:
>I will cross-post this to some humour groups, it will be great fun.

Hmmm... somehow I don't think so, as always with SA stuff, no-one else will
see the funny side of it.

Ian

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Ian Dale » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:
>WoW!, what a short memory you have.
>Since beating Oz in SA last year (Sixty odd points to how much
>(little)) the Boks have not lost a match, this includes the beating of
>NZ and OZ and we are the current World Champions.

Yaaawwwnnn. Current flog-artists.

Based on your ramblings if you beat us by 60 something last year, and only
by 1 point this year, you have definitely got something to worry about
Johan. Your coach is no donkey and respects OZ massive improvement.

We have changed since last year, our coaching methods, our attitude, and our
***y outlook on the game of Rugby and all thanks to one man... McQueen.

He has done to OZ what he did to ACT and it is workoing like a charm.

When we meet next, you may be crowing a different song after 80 minutes.

Quote:
>Remember we beat Oz
>soundly in the opening game of the World Cup!

3 YEARS AGO!!!

Quote:
>We went through a bad patch and are now back with a bang.
>Springboks are No1!

We went through a worse patch and now back ready to take the lonely number
off you.

Quote:
>and I would rate NZ before OZ and maybe even the French could be no 3.

Well I rate your ratings as***poor and way off mark.

Quote:
>Do not rate teams on one or two games.

Why not you do? After all you beat us by 60 soemthing points, although you
lost the game to Oz prior.

Quote:
>The World Cup may be an eyeopener to you next year.

And an even bigger one for you mate. No welcome back pat on the back from
the IRB this time.

Quote:
>If Oz were that great then why did'nt they win the last World Cup?

Because in 1995, we sucked. In 1998 we do not suck. Go figure.

Quote:
>Could you please justify you rating Oz no 1. Do you remember that the
>Boks beat you very recently?

We remember charlie.

Quote:
>We beat you and NZ in away games too.
>If we win both our home games, where will you rate the Boks then?

I will always rate you guys as a pack of arseholes.

Quote:
>Johan van Zyl

>>Well done Australia, I now rate you as number one in the world, and the
All
>>Blacks as number three or possibly four.

>Johan van Zyl
>Somerset West
>South Africa

>CW Standard 2002, FM2

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Mees Roelo » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Shit , all Ive ever heard in this group is how Kiwi's are arrogant
>.........well look at this ^

It seems to happen to you when you find your team at #1 (for the time
being) in World Rugby.

Cheers,

Mees Roelofs
To reply replace ***ySpammers with Geocities in address

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Nigel Evan » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>New Zealand no longer are number one as far as I can see, so having ruled out
>suicide as an immediate solution it behoves me to offer an opinion as to the
>worthy successor to the title based on the play of the two teams in question.

               What a wonderful word "behoves" is ! And, even more
wonderful when you are obliged to use it !
--
Nigel Evans
 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Johan van Zyl - JVZ Systems » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

I have found someone I can use this new word, that I learnt today, on.
OZZYMORON.
Very descriptive. well at least in this case.
He is the one who ranks Oz No 1?
Based on what?
What is the result of last year's two encounters between Oz and the
Boks?
What is the result of the one and only encounter this year?
Now think and do your ratings again!
I do believe that Bookies everywhere have made the Boks favourites to
win the 1998 Tri-Nations.
Do you know something they don't.
Do you think it is possible to rank the winner of the Tri-Nations
anything but No1?
Why do I think your answer is going to be YES!
Quote:
>I don't think you'll win too many more against
>them in the next two years. Sorry about that.

There are two games left in the competition.
Let us tallk again after these 2 games.
My rankings:
SA
NZ
France
Aus
England

Johan van Zyl
Somerset West
South Africa

CW Standard 2002, FM2

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Tom Vavaso » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>Because we are going to introduce a system into world rugby which says that
>no matter how good SA are, they will only ever be able to obtain a maximum
>ranking of #2. There will be no logical excuse for this except maybe because
>they are different.

Of course there is a logical reason for this.

It will really***the South Africans off :) What other reason would
you need.

...Tom

====================

"Better at" doesn't equal "Better than"

======================

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Steve Turne » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00



:WoW!, what a short memory you have.
:Since beating Oz in SA last year (Sixty odd points to how much
:(little)) the Boks have not lost a match, this includes the beating of
:NZ and OZ and we are the current World Champions. Remember we beat Oz
:soundly in the opening game of the World Cup!
:We went through a bad patch and are now back with a bang.
:Springboks are No1!

Despite your persistent refusal to address any of the propositions made by
other posters and your complete failure to absorb the fact that Rick is a
KIWI not an Australian, yes SA can consider themselves, albeit with two Tri
Nations matches to play, the best side in the World on this 3rd day of
August 1998.

:and I would rate NZ before OZ and maybe even the French could be no 3.

Could you enlighten me on your application of logic here? Let me enlighten
you, there is no logic, just a lame attempt to generate emotional responses

:Do not rate teams on one or two games.
:The World Cup may be an eyeopener to you next year.

Why? Has The Netherlands qualified?

:If Oz were that great then why did'nt they win the last World Cup?

Because they wern't great then you prize dingbat (rare marsupial)
:
:Could you please justify you rating Oz no 1. Do you remember that the
:Boks beat you very recently?
We beat you and NZ in away games too.

Timeframes of convenience? What's important is the here and now, see
previous comments

:If we win both our home games, where will you rate the Boks then?
:Johan van Zyl

Very highly indeed
:
:>Well done Australia, I now rate you as number one in the world, and the
All
:>Blacks as number three or possibly four.
:
:Johan van Zyl
:Somerset West
:South Africa

:CW Standard 2002, FM2
:

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Steve Turne » Mon, 03 Aug 1998 04:00:00

:>PS I wonder if now is the time to investigate Australian citizenship.
:
:
:Piece of***Rick. They gave one to me 'cos I've got a Kiwi wife. They
:said. 'Course I know its because they need to widen the gene pool a bit.
:
In need of the recessive variety were we? :)

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Russell Brow » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


> >Bowman scored after 7 minutes after a suspect knock on, but then Welsh idiot
> >referee Bevan missed knock ons all day, along with numerous other basic stuff,
> >although he wasn't as pedantic as usual.

>                     Oh dearie, dearie me ! What a woeful excuse !
> Everybody knew that they were going to lose again and it is shameful of
> you to come up with such predictability. Surely you could have thought
> of something else ? Mass flatulence, worms, malaria, any ***y thing !
> But, no, you blame the referee again. It's time New Zealand had a
> complete overhaul of its rugby. It should start with its so-called
> supporters. Boring !
> --

No, Nigel, Australia would have thumped us whatever. But Bevan was
really pretty poor. Woefully inconsistent, given to needlessly halting
play (on one occasion he whistled because the front rows had gone down -
when the ball was already out as far as Horan!) and sometimes appearing
to blow the whistle on spec (eg: when he called back Walter Little for
finding touch from outside his 22m line - he couldn't have seen it, and
he was *wrong*).

Cheers,
RB

 
 
 

Aus deserving winners of Bledisloe Cup

Post by Mees Roelo » Tue, 04 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Quote:
>Do not rate teams on one or two games.

No please don't. But make sure you make up your mind on the games that
are relevant for this. So don't think that SA is superior to whoever
since they won the World Cup. The teams (both SA and the opponent)
have changed simply too much.

Both Aus and SA have changed over the last year. Mallett and Macqueen
have done great jobs there and given the results during this test
season (in NZ, Aus and NZ, not only 3N) one could (arguably) say that
SA and NZ are the best at this moment.

It is however impossible to say that SA is better because of this win
by one point in the rain in Perth. Moreover I can say that Aus beat NZ
more convincingly (and two times as well), so maybe Aus is better. The
next tests between Aus and SA are going to decide that.

Quote:
>If we win both our home games, where will you rate the Boks then?

Then you probably deserve an edge over Aus. Only then and only
probably.

Cheers,

Mees Roelofs
To reply replace ***ySpammers with Geocities in address