English Bastards!!!!!

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Michael Davidso » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00


England 34 Scotland 20

In the first half of the match Englnad showed, again, that they cannot
play running rugby against the Scots.  In the first 20 mins of the
second first half England killed the game again, Grayson said they put
in a "proffesional" 20 mins.  The only reason they won was because the
England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
that incredibly boring 20 minutes.
--
Michael Davidson (Lector)
Berwickshire, Scotland

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Nigel Evan » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> The only reason they won was because the
>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.

                I agree.
--
Nigel Evans

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Norm Flemi » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00


;>England 34 Scotland 20

;>In the first half of the match Englnad showed, again, that they cannot
;>play running rugby against the Scots.  In the first 20 mins of the
;>second first half England killed the game again, Grayson said they put
;>in a "proffesional" 20 mins.  The only reason they won was because the
;>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
;>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.
;>--
;>Michael Davidson (Lector)
;>Berwickshire, Scotland

I hate to see England win as much as anyone, but it's all about tactics,
playing to your strengths and opponents weaknesses, so you have to
 give them some credit, however grudgingly.
If your pack is capable of grinding the opposition out of sight to
establish physical and psychological superiority and to deny possession
you would have to be daft not to do it. Don't blame England, blame
Scotland. I doubt if you would have complained if Scotland had won by
playing the most boring game imaginable. The ability to vary tactics
depending on your opponents is one of the marks of a good team.
England showed they are capable of running it when the opportunities
are there by scoring 60 points against Wales.  34 against Scotland
isn't a bad haul either. ( Now it only remains for Ireland to pull
off the upset of the year by stuffing them at Twickenham).

Cheers

Norm Fleming

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Henri Burge » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>The only reason they won was because the
>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.

I don't agree. I thought the Scottish backline was unimaginitive, displayed
poor handling skills, and were generally hopeless on attack. I'll exclude
no's 9 & 10 from this.

I have seen only one poorer backline (2 5N and 5 S12 games) in action this
weekend, that of the so called Golden Cats.

Regards

Henri Burger, Tzaneen. RSA
'Afrika is Nie vir Sissies Nie!'
(e-mail: remove 'sukikaki.')

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Steve Bloome » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:


>> The only reason they won was because the
>>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
>>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.

>                I agree.

  I'm not sure what you found boring Nigel...was the it the continuous
English pressure or the Scots endless conceding of penalties ?

  England just don't play well if you can't find the time to explain to
them they have little talent and no chance of winning.I understand you
have been busy elsewhere but I hope you will make the effort before the
match against Ireland.

 I hope your frantic typing hasn't adversely effected your dogs quality
of life in the last week or two.

 Steve
--
Steve Bloomer

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Nigel Evan » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> I'm not sure what you found boring Nigel...was the it the continuous
>English pressure or the Scots endless conceding of penalties ?

               I am trying to be nice. I am essentially a non-
contentious person. It's not in my nature to argue. I agree with you as
well. I agree with everybody. The dog is very well, thank you.
--
Nigel Evans
 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Tim » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> England 34 Scotland 20

>.  The only reason they won was because the
> England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
> that incredibly boring 20 minutes.
> --
> Michael Davidson (Lector)
> Berwickshire, Scotland

Isn't that how you win games of rugby. 60 minutes to gain the upper hand.
20 minutes to ram it home. Watch the ABs and the Boks that's what they do
all the time.

Unfortunately the game was on at 3.00 AM here and I fell asleep 20 15
minutes after half time so I missed the raming home.

I was supporting the Scottish. In fact I had a few beers with the 9 coaches
who are visiting NZ on Sunday afternoon at the Hurricanes Queensland
Super12 match and they were quite confident that Scotland would win.

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Springbo » Mon, 23 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I agee - Gregor Townsend is the most overrated player in the UK.

Simon

Quote:


>>The only reason they won was because the
>>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
>>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.

>I don't agree. I thought the Scottish backline was unimaginitive, displayed
>poor handling skills, and were generally hopeless on attack. I'll exclude
>no's 9 & 10 from this.

>I have seen only one poorer backline (2 5N and 5 S12 games) in action this
>weekend, that of the so called Golden Cats.

>Regards

>Henri Burger, Tzaneen. RSA
>'Afrika is Nie vir Sissies Nie!'
>(e-mail: remove 'sukikaki.')

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Rob Wilso » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I concur with the various comments that have been passed in this note.

England did resort back to their 'boring' game, a game they must change
if they want to become 'world beaters'.  If they hadn't resorted to that
type of game then they would have been a distinct possibility of them
losing.

As for the Scottish handling in the backs .... if it had been half
decent in the first half then they 'may' have got a couple of tries ...
the game of 'if only!'

I thought, through blue tinted glasses, that Adam Roxburgh was a
revelation for Scotland and could be one for the future.  Scott Cameron
also looked sharp when he came on at centre.

As for the English .... Grayson resorted to kicking tactics from the
beginning but Guscoot and Healey looked good (what a waste of talent
playing in the English back division).

Rgds,

Rob

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by muzz » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:

> I hate to see England win as much as anyone, but it's all about tactics,
> playing to your strengths and opponents weaknesses, so you have to
>  give them some credit, however grudgingly.

My sentiments too. You just can't please some people - I mean 2 years ago if
there had been as much attacking rugby by England in a 5 nations game the crowd
would have gone apoplectic. How many times did England turn down 3 points to
kick into the corners?

The only other comments I will make is that***erill once again proved what a
complete prat he is with his gesticulations to the crowd, and everyone who said
prior to the England v ABs game last year that Grayson wasn't up to it... well
you must be eating your words now.

Murray

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Mar » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>England 34 Scotland 20

>In the first half of the match Englnad showed, again, that they cannot
>play running rugby against the Scots.  In the first 20 mins of the
>second first half England killed the game again, Grayson said they put
>in a "proffesional" 20 mins.  The only reason they won was because the
>England pack managed to grind down the Scots forwards after half time in
>that incredibly boring 20 minutes.

I don't know if you're right, but i've seen a good match of Scotland.
I've seen also again an hopeless ref (i don't remember his name...) He
refuse a try to England that seems  valid and lot of other things...
He never saw some players out (mainly English...).
Good chance after all to the Scotts.
Marc
 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Jonathan Chapma » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>I concur with the various comments that have been passed in this note.

>England did resort back to their 'boring' game, a game they must change
>if they want to become 'world beaters'.  If they hadn't resorted to that
>type of game then they would have been a distinct possibility of them
>losing.

Oh *** off Rob - we stuffed the jocks fair and square. England played
various types of rugby during the game, all of it what was needed to win and
none of it boring to an English fan. What is boring is the Scots yet again
conceding penalty after penalty in an effort to disrupt Englands flow.

Quote:
>As for the Scottish handling in the backs .... if it had been half
>decent in the first half then they 'may' have got a couple of tries ...
>the game of 'if only!'

Yes, "if only" somebody non-English could admit that there are more reasons
than incompetence for handling errors - punishing tackling by your opponents
and retriction of the quality of your ball.

Quote:
>I thought, through blue tinted glasses, that Adam Roxburgh was a
>revelation for Scotland and could be one for the future.

Agreed.

Quote:
> Scott Cameron
>also looked sharp when he came on at centre.

>As for the English .... Grayson resorted to kicking tactics from the
>beginning but Guscoot and Healey looked good (what a waste of talent
>playing in the English back division).

Oh change the boring, bitter and twisted celt record. If you want to comment
on Grayson, try acknowleging the quality of his try. If you want to slag the
England backline, best do it when they're not running in tries all over the
place.

Do also check Max Ratcliffe's pearl of a posting on this subject today.

JC

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Jonathan Chapma » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:



>> I'm not sure what you found boring Nigel...was the it the continuous
>>English pressure or the Scots endless conceding of penalties ?

>               I am trying to be nice. I am essentially a non-
>contentious person. It's not in my nature to argue. I agree with you as
>well. I agree with everybody. The dog is very well, thank you.
>--
>Nigel Evans

Sadly Nigel your countrymen were displayed less of your renowned
non-contentiousness in Dublin. We (6 English blokes) watched the game in a
pub in O'Connell street. It is a shame that there is not font that can
properly convey the bitterness with which they used the phrase "English
Bastards" when our lot ran onto the pitch. Or indeed how hard we laughed
when England put Saturday's irrelevance into perspective:-)

JC

 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Nigel Evan » Tue, 24 Mar 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
>Sadly Nigel your countrymen were displayed less of your renowned
>non-contentiousness in Dublin. We (6 English blokes) watched the game in a
>pub in O'Connell street. It is a shame that there is not font that can
>properly convey the bitterness with which they used the phrase "English
>Bastards" when our lot ran onto the pitch. Or indeed how hard we laughed
>when England put Saturday's irrelevance into perspective:-)

               It's refreshing to know that whilst I was not there in
person that there were young Welsh men who were prepared to act as
proxy. What on earth were you doing in Ireland ? The last time there
were six Englishmen in Dublin Tom Cruise made a film about it ! I'm glad
you laughed on Sunday. You wouldn't have been able to laugh on Saturday.
I bet you all sat there like little mice ! Each of you with a half pint
of Guinness which you made to last all night !
               We are going to beat France.  That's certain. And, if
there 's a God, Ireland will beat you. So, you are going to be third.
You should be happy. It's more than you deserve. You give a bad name to
"bastards".
Best Wishes !
--
Nigel Evans
 
 
 

English Bastards!!!!!

Post by Ang the Blok » Wed, 25 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>                We are going to beat France.  That's certain. And, if
> there 's a God, Ireland will beat you. So, you are going to be third.
> You should be happy. It's more than you deserve. You give a bad name to
> "bastards".
> Best Wishes !
> --
> Nigel Evans

Ah it is obvious that the ***y strain of Edward teh Black Prince of
Wales or summat runs thru yer veins.

I thought that the whole purpose of defeating Adolf and the rest of that
shite was to stop racism and nationalism.

Humanity gotta look to the moon wiv lakes of water, like Titan Saturns's
moon.

Everyone can find a reason for hating someone for something.

It was a cracking game, with a lot of intensity, Appleyard and Charvis
were terrific for Wales. Ward looked good.  

It seems that Hartland the NZ coach of Ireland like subbing his frontrow
and has taken Woods off two game son the trot, plus other front row
players.

...that's it other than *most* Brits are mongrels.

 Ang