Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Mike Irelan » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 16:59:25


If anyone has any info. on tonight's Super 12 games, I would appreciate
a short post.

Thanks,

Mike

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Pas1 » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:40:51

Hi again Mike, no results from S12, but 7s looked all good on TV today in
Wellington. We (NZ) have just beaten Englan in our last pool match of the
day to lead Pool A, so we play Samoa 2moro first thing, the others to get
through are the usual: South Africa, Aussie, England, Samoa, Argentina, ...?
cant remember. We looked sharp, especially local boy, Nathaniel Walker, Liam
Messam, Tufai Ioasa, and another guy who I wont even attempt to spell.
Shaping up well for 2moro.
Cheers
Brendon


Quote:
> If anyone has any info. on tonight's Super 12 games, I would appreciate
> a short post.

> Thanks,

> Mike


 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Mike Irelan » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 18:47:42

Quote:

> Hi again Mike, no results from S12, but 7s looked all good on TV today in
> Wellington. We (NZ) have just beaten Englan in our last pool match of the
> day to lead Pool A, so we play Samoa 2moro first thing, the others to get
> through are the usual: South Africa, Aussie, England, Samoa, Argentina, ...?
> cant remember. We looked sharp, especially local boy, Nathaniel Walker, Liam
> Messam, Tufai Ioasa, and another guy who I wont even attempt to spell.
> Shaping up well for 2moro.
> Cheers
> Brendon

Brendon:

I guess there are no Friday Super 12 matches this week. Was the NZ vs
England 7's match close? I see that my Canadian side put in a good show
against France before losing by 7 points. We're just a touch outside the
  top 8 teams at present in 7's.

In Super 12 pre-season, I'm interested to see how the Crusaders do in
their match against the Reds (on Saturday).

Thanks for the update.

Mike

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Pas1 » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:09:59

Not as close as it could have been given that ENgland have a couple of
REALLY fast guys, they just didnt get the ball and have any space, having
said that, we shut them down quite well, but I'd be surprised if they don't
make it further 2moro, as they did in Brisbane.

Brendon

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Matt Neilso » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 19:46:41


Quote:
>. We looked sharp, especially local boy, Nathaniel Walker,
Liam
> Messam, Tufai Ioasa, and another guy who I wont even

attempt to spell.

That would be Roy Kinikinilau I expect?
And yes, NZ looked sharp but that has not been any
indication in the past at this particular tournament. NZ
beat England 24 - 0 , Fiji looked sharp and South Africa and
Samoa drew. Tomorrow are the money games and anything could
happen

cheers,
    Matt

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Aemo » Sat, 08 Feb 2003 20:04:39



Quote:

>> Hi again Mike, no results from S12, but 7s looked all good on TV today in
>> Wellington. We (NZ) have just beaten Englan in our last pool match of the
>> day to lead Pool A, so we play Samoa 2moro first thing, the others to get
>> through are the usual: South Africa, Aussie, England, Samoa, Argentina, ...?
>> cant remember. We looked sharp, especially local boy, Nathaniel Walker, Liam
>> Messam, Tufai Ioasa, and another guy who I wont even attempt to spell.
>> Shaping up well for 2moro.
>> Cheers
>> Brendon

>Brendon:

>I guess there are no Friday Super 12 matches this week. Was the NZ vs
>England 7's match close?

If you call 19-0 close then yes.

Quote:
>I see that my Canadian side put in a good show
>against France before losing by 7 points. We're just a touch outside the
>  top 8 teams at present in 7's.

Congratulations.

Quote:
>In Super 12 pre-season, I'm interested to see how the Crusaders do in
>their match against the Reds (on Saturday).

I wouldn't take too much from the result as a number of important
Crusaders players won't be playing - unless of course - the Crusaders
still manage to crucify them.

Nik

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by ET » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 17:11:24

just remember Mike - pre season form is not a good indicator for the
coming season.
Past history tells all :-)

looking forward to another wonderful 14 weeks,

see ya
ET

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Mr Sceb » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 07:08:46


Quote:
> just remember Mike - pre season form is not a good indicator for the
> coming season.
> Past history tells all :-)

> looking forward to another wonderful 14 weeks,

Yeah, yeah - like S12 doesn't translate into 3N? Except for last year of
course. Oh, and 96, 97, and 99! Back to the "database dolly" for you

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.
Winners go home and *** the prom queen".
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

 
 
 

Any scores and comments on Friday's s12 games?

Post by Bobs » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 10:59:41

Quote:



>>just remember Mike - pre season form is not a good indicator for the
>>coming season.
>>Past history tells all :-)

>>looking forward to another wonderful 14 weeks,

> Yeah, yeah - like S12 doesn't translate into 3N? Except for last year of
> course. Oh, and 96, 97, and 99! Back to the "database dolly" for you

Pre Season doesn't mean jackshit, Scab. Last year the Blues creamed
everyone in pre-season games, and did shit in the S12. Also the
pre-season Auckland NPC team lost quite a few games, but then shit***ed
the NPC with their skills and brilliance.

Although this Cuntab loss to Qld tells me they aren't the team they
were. I can sense it. I suspect, deep down, you can also Scab.

Quote:

> --
> Mr Scebe
> Losers always whine about their 'best'.
> Winners go home and *** the prom queen".
> ~Sean Connery in "The Rock"