First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Anthony Walt » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00


Llanelli 54 - Neath 23

Know nothing more than that at the mo!

The Skahlets start with a bang!

Anthony
Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

*******************************************************
"I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
John Wilkinson. Enviromental Health Officer bemoans
loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
*******************************************************

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Kingsley Matthew » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00



Quote:
> Llanelli 54 - Neath 23
> Know nothing more than that at the mo!
> The Skahlets start with a bang!
> Anthony
> Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season
> *******************************************************
> "I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
> me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
> John Wilkinson. Enviromental Health Officer bemoans
> loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
> *******************************************************

Aberavon 47  Dunvant 3

Guess who's going to be promoted?

Kingsley

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Mal Jone » Sun, 17 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Pontypridd 16 Cardiff 19.  All Cardiff's points scored by Ponty's prodigal
son Lee Jarvis
--
Regards,
Mal Jones,Neyland,Pembs.,S. Wales



Quote:
> Llanelli 54 - Neath 23

> Know nothing more than that at the mo!

> The Skahlets start with a bang!

> Anthony
> Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

> *******************************************************
> "I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
> me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
> John Wilkinson. Enviromental Health Officer bemoans
> loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
> *******************************************************


 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Anthony Walt » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Whilst Under Pressure From The Ponty Pack On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:10:37

Quote:

>Aberavon 47  Dunvant 3

>Guess who's going to be promoted?

>Kingsley

Caerphilly I would say!!

Brett Davey set a new Welsh League record with 42 points in a game,
against Rumney. Caerphilly won 77-6!

Anthony
Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

*******************************************************
"I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
John Wilkinson. Environmental Health Officer bemoans
loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
*******************************************************

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Anthony Walt » Mon, 18 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Whilst Under Pressure From The Ponty Pack On 16 Aug 1997 19:38:18 GMT,

Quote:

>Pontypridd 16 Cardiff 19.  All Cardiff's points scored by Ponty's prodigal
>son Lee Jarvis
>--
>Regards,
>Mal Jones,Neyland,Pembs.,S. Wales


Hang on a minute here! No one said that game was for real. All the
Ponty players thought it was a training session.

Besides the referee was French, and was clearly biased against both
sides. The wind was blowing predominatly from behind all the time, the
weather was too warm, and we had been poisoned by the Keebab Shop -
Susie Keebabs in Taff Street!!

It's just not fair I say!!!!

Anthony
Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

*******************************************************
"I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
John Wilkinson. Environmental Health Officer bemoans
loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
*******************************************************

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Daryl Johns » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00

::>Whilst Under Pressure From The Ponty Pack On 16 Aug 1997 19:38:18 GMT,

(snip Cardiff/Ponty result ;-)  )

::>Hang on a minute here! No one said that game was for real. All the
::>Ponty players thought it was a training session.
::>
::>Besides the referee was French, and was clearly biased against both
::>sides. The wind was blowing predominatly from behind all the time, the
::>weather was too warm, and we had been poisoned by the Keebab Shop -
::>Susie Keebabs in Taff Street!!
::>
::>It's just not fair I say!!!!

You won't be too amused by Steven Jones' comments either I
guess?  ;-)

At least he enjoyed the match.

cheers

Daryl

--
          *----------------------------------------------------*
                              Daryl Johnson
           Born To Be Mild - If that's alright with you chaps?
          *----------------------------------------------------*

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by John Morg » Tue, 19 Aug 1997 04:00:00


[snip]

Quote:
>You won't be too amused by Steven Jones' comments either I
>guess?  ;-)

What did he say then Daryl?

Quote:
>At least he enjoyed the match.

I thought it was a poorish game, very much early-season stuff. No real
fluency from either side. Ponty looked ineffective after Jenkins went
off - I hope he's fit for the European Cup or we'll be in trouble.
Cardiff deserved the win - on this performance they looked the better
side. Luckily we all know that Ponty can play much better than this:-)

--
John Morgan

Quote:

>cheers

>Daryl

>--
>          *----------------------------------------------------*
>                              Daryl Johnson
>           Born To Be Mild - If that's alright with you chaps?
>          *----------------------------------------------------*

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Kingsley Matthew » Thu, 21 Aug 1997 04:00:00



Quote:
> Whilst Under Pressure From The Ponty Pack On Sat, 16 Aug 1997 21:10:37

> >Aberavon 47  Dunvant 3

> >Guess who's going to be promoted?

> >Kingsley

> Caerphilly I would say!!
> Brett Davey set a new Welsh League record with 42 points in a game,
> against Rumney. Caerphilly won 77-6!
> Anthony
> Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

But Rumney are hardly top class opposition - while Dunvant?

Kingsley

 
 
 

First Division Kicks Off .. First Result In!

Post by Anthony Walt » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Whilst Under Pressure From The Ponty Pack On Wed, 20 Aug 1997 15:46:35

Quote:

>> >Aberavon 47  Dunvant 3

>> >Guess who's going to be promoted?

>> >Kingsley

>> Caerphilly I would say!!

>> Brett Davey set a new Welsh League record with 42 points in a game,
>> against Rumney. Caerphilly won 77-6!

>But Rumney are hardly top class opposition - while Dunvant?

>Kingsley

Rumney were one of the most consistant teams in the Welsh Divisions
(after Ponty of course) last season. They could have gone undefeated
if they hadn't won Div 3 so early, and decided to *** their youth at
the end of the season (I don't mean Nigel Bezani!)

As for Caerphilly, the must be odds on favourites to get "invited"
back into the premier division next season. They lost hardly any
players, and signed a couple of handy "unwanted" players from the
premiership clubs. Of course, I am going to be a bit one eyed when it
comes to Caerphilly, as they are coached by Chris Davey, who was my
Geology Teacher in Tonyrefail Comprehensive School.

Any Tonyrefail boy is worth supporting!! :o)

Anthony
Pontypridd RFC .. Welsh Champions 1996/97 Season

*******************************************************
"I measured 95dB for a Starfleet Cruiser, which struck
me as pretty loud for a space vacuum"
John Wilkinson. Environmental Health Officer bemoans
loud film trailers. New Scientist. 9th August 1997
*******************************************************