Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Kenny MacLeo » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00


Hmm.

John Rutherford has picked Shepard at centre in the game today against
Mumal... Mpalmu... Mapulam.... that South African team.  This surprises
me more than a little.  My lasting impression of Rowan is that he tends
to crack under pressure.  Is this an unfair opinion?  It's not as if
we're strapped for choice in the centre, with the likes of youngsters
Mayer and McLaren showing much promise.

Mind you, as long as they don't let him kick the ball, we might be OK...

kenny

 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Mike Am » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00


Quote:

> John Rutherford has picked Shepard at centre in the game today against
> Mumal... Mpalmu... Mapulam.... that South African team.

Mpumalanga Kenny :o)

Dead easy actually

M             =         at
puma      =          come out or get out
langa      =          the sun

So Mpumalanga  = at the rising of the sun = the East (Province)

The Mpumalanga rugby team are known as the Pumas. Far easier than
Mumal... Mpalmu... Mapulam.... that South African team. :o)

Expect a tough match. Wouldn't surprise me if Scotland took a loss.

 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Kenny MacLeo » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
> So Mpumalanga  = at the rising of the sun = the East (Province)

> The Mpumalanga rugby team are known as the Pumas. Far easier than
> Mumal... Mpalmu... Mapulam.... that South African team. :o)

That's more like it :)

Quote:
> Expect a tough match. Wouldn't surprise me if Scotland took a loss.

If the pumas can refrain from stamping on people this time, we're in
with a chance :)

Besides, it's the silly season now.  Wales beating SA has set a
precendent for any and everything to happen.

kenny

 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Tom Westo » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hmm.

>John Rutherford has picked Shepard at centre in the game today against
>Mumal... Mpalmu... Mapulam.... that South African team.  This surprises
>me more than a little.  My lasting impression of Rowan is that he tends
>to crack under pressure.  Is this an unfair opinion?  It's not as if
>we're strapped for choice in the centre, with the likes of youngsters
>Mayer and McLaren showing much promise.

>Mind you, as long as they don't let him kick the ball, we might be OK...

Was this the team against whom Doddie Weir had
his knee damaged when playing for the Lions?

cheers,
Tom

 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Kenny MacLeo » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:
> Was this the team against whom Doddie Weir had
> his knee damaged when playing for the Lions?

> cheers,
> Tom

The very same.

Not that I'm holding a grudge, or anything ;-)

 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by petie » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00



Quote:
>Was this the team against whom Doddie Weir had
>his knee damaged when playing for the Lions?

Yes, I hope he doesn't go looking for payback - except a good win.
--
Regards, Petier
ICQ# 28188540
Lossiemouth RUFC Fixtures Sec. Check us out at http://surf.to/lossiemouth_RUFC
Please sign the guestbook so it looks like we've got some mates.
 
 
 

Rowan Shepard in today's SA game

Post by Kenny MacLeo » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:


> >Was this the team against whom Doddie Weir had
> >his knee damaged when playing for the Lions?

> Yes, I hope he doesn't go looking for payback - except a good win.

Well I understand the oaf who stamped him isn't playing in this game,
and big Doddie's a level-headed fella.

However, if a number of puma forwards get carted off with minor
concussions, who's to say what happened?

Incidentally, anyone know of a live scoreboard on the net somewhere for
this game?  Unlikely, I know.

kenny