Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by David G Fishe » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:00:16




Quote:



> > On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 00:46:18 GMT, "David G Fisher"

> > >> Well yeah, to make mistakes one actually have to push and race, not
> > >> hope for the cars in front to retire.  We're back to that *** word
> > >> "overtaking".

> > >Have you seen the overtaking stats? JPM doesn't overtake anymore than
RS.
> If
> > >RS isn't pushing and racing, then he must be a LOT better than JPM
becaue
> > >even while just cruising during the races, he has the faster race lap
> times.

> > Which part of this am i reading wrong ?

> > Drivers' Season Total
> > =====================

> >  16  Montoya       1  7  4  -  -  1   -   2   -   -   -   1   -
> >   3  R Schumacher  -  -  -  -  -  1   -   -   -   2   -   -   -

> > Unless the "dash" means a very fast pass ?

> I was hoping you'd post those numbers. Thank you. They were already
> discussed before and prove my point. In the last ten races, JPM has one
> whopping more pass than RS. In the last five RS has one more than JPM. In
> the second and third race, JPM made some passes of cars when he went to
THE
> BACK OF THE FIELD in the BEGINNING of the race after hitting MS at
> Brazil/getting a penalty at Malaysia. Wow. If you think that's unusual or
> impressive in any way whatsoever than you've never seen a race before.

> I'll call Ralf before Monza. I'll tell him to do something stupid so he
can
> be sent to the back of the field in the beginning of the race just so he
can
> pass a bunch of slower drivers and impress guys like you.

> > >>Shit the guy has been doodling around the track all year
> > >> making sure he doesn't get into trouble and picking up the scraps as
> > >> they fell for him with other cars retiring.

> > >Yea, sure he has.

> > The figures don't lie. If we assume that the cars are equal and assume
> > that (as you say) Ralf is faster and we take the *fact* into
> > consideration that he has completed 2 more races, then how can he be 2
> > points behind ?

> Try the fact that he had an extra long pit stop and then had to make an
> EXTRA pit stop in four of his last seven races. Forgot that I guess, just
> like Frank. An extra pit stop tends to ruin a race for a driver.

> David Michael Ralf Schumacher Fisher

BTW, it's a big mistake to criticize any F1 driver of the same age as JPM
(such as RS) who has been in F1 longer than him, regardless of how well he
did or didn't perform.

The fact is, JPM COULDN'T EVEN GET INTO F1 until last year. Lol.

David Michael Ralf Schumacher Fisher

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Frank or is it Jackie » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:20:05

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 02:39:41 GMT, "David G Fisher"

Quote:

>>  16  Montoya       1  7  4  -  -  1   -   2   -   -   -   1   -
>>   3  R Schumacher  -  -  -  -  -  1   -   -   -   2   -   -   -

>> Unless the "dash" means a very fast pass ?

>I was hoping you'd post those numbers. Thank you. They were already
>discussed before and prove my point. In the last ten races, JPM has one

Oh, so what you're saying is that we are not talking about this season
as an average, but now we move to selected races ?
Well, in that case you are absolutely correct. Ralf wins by a country
mile. Let's drop the average positions achieved, the average
qualifying positions too, ignore the two DNFs and hey why not count
the other Schumacher's results as well (after all it's all in the
family).  

Quote:
>whopping more pass than RS. In the last five RS has one more than JPM. In

Well, Mr Lawrence has been rather slack lately<g>, so that is only up
to Hungary. You may want to add one more, since JPM did pass Kimi at
Spa fair and square.  His faster teammate had more trouble with
Trully.

Quote:
>Try the fact that he had an extra long pit stop and then had to make an
>EXTRA pit stop in four of his last seven races. Forgot that I guess, just
>like Frank. An extra pit stop tends to ruin a race for a driver.

Mm, i see your pitstop and raise you two engine failures from second
place. Ralf was no doubt leading at the time.. right ?

--
Regards, Frank

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Frank or is it Jackie » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 12:26:31

On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:16 GMT, "David G Fisher"

Quote:

>BTW, it's a big mistake to criticize any F1 driver of the same age as JPM
>(such as RS) who has been in F1 longer than him, regardless of how well he
>did or didn't perform.

>The fact is, JPM COULDN'T EVEN GET INTO F1 until last year. Lol.

Now you're proving your fruitcake status here on rasf1.

--
Regards, Frank

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Steven Wheele » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:22:22

Quote:

> Yeah, the relative performance turnaround between them is quite bizarre.
> It's as if only one Williams driver can be 'on' it. I do think Ralf has
> improved and is driving much better. His closeness to the Ferraris in
> Hockenheim and Hungary (particularly in qualifying) was impressive. But
> at the same time JPM seems for whatever reason not to be driving at his
> best. Maybe his personal life is too good atm! Any ideas?

David Fisher stalking him can't be helping...

See ya,

Steve.

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Steven Wheele » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:24:45

Quote:

> No, it means he made a rare mistake

You obviously weren't watching at the start of his time in F1.

See ya,

Steve.

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Steven Wheele » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 13:29:30

Quote:

> When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

Yesterday. Go chart that one on your whiteboard...

See ya,

Steve.

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Paul Brewe » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:03:33



Quote:
>On Mon, 02 Sep 2002 03:00:16 GMT, "David G Fisher"

>>BTW, it's a big mistake to criticize any F1 driver of the same age as JPM
>>(such as RS) who has been in F1 longer than him, regardless of how well he
>>did or didn't perform.

>>The fact is, JPM COULDN'T EVEN GET INTO F1 until last year. Lol.

>Now you're proving your fruitcake status here on rasf1.

That was done ages ago. It's a shame he still infests this place,
although it is fun watching him ritually disembowel himself time and
again.
--
Paul B
 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by ncla.. » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:15:29

One thing I notice is that Ralf seldom passes anyone, even if his car
appear quicker.
Quote:



>>> Now if i was a cynical person, i could say that seeing that someone
>>> has the championship all sewn up, said someone could give a few hints
>>> to little brother on car set up.  Luckily i'm not that way. :)

>>> JPM outdone Ralf in overall qualifying this year (i think), in any
>>> case there is not much between them. The thing that pised me off
>>> about Ralf was that just as i started to like him, he promptly lost
>>> the plot. he seems to be getting it back again though.

>> I don't have figures to back up this (Mr Lawrence?), but I believe
>> that as of this race, head to head, JPM & RS are equal, but in terms
>> of overall time difference, I think RS is ahead.  It seems mostly if
>> JPM is ahead, it's not usually by much, but when JPM has an off day,
>> he has a stinker of an off day, and will be big chunks of time down,
>> like in Hungary.  So overall, I think RS has the nod ATM.

>> Geez, I'm not sounding too much like Mr Fisher am I?  I don't think I
>> could take that sort of slur! ;-)

>Yeah, you are beginning to sound like him a little... ;-)

>I wouldn't pay too much attention to the cumulative time differential. All
>it takes to move the numbers significantly is for a driver to have one
>very screwed up qualifying session because of mechanical failures and lost
>time in practice, or having to jump in the T car once too often, or
>picking the wrong tires for qualifying but the right tires for the race,
>etc.

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by DC » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:34:02



Quote:



>>> On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:06:14 GMT, "David G Fisher"

>>>> Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not
>>>> quite the same today.

>>>> Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>>>> Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not
>>>> Nurburgring.....

>>>> David G Fisher



>>>>> Enjoy the race, knobend? Did JPM outrace Ralf, again? I should say
>>>>> so...

>>>>> David

>>>> Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not
>>>> quite the same today.

>>>> Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>>>> Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not
>>>> Nurburgring.....

>>>> David G Fisher

>>> It wasn't worth saying once. Why say it twice...?

>>> So, impressed with Ralf today, were we? I wasn't...

>>> David

>> I guess you don't like my pointing out how you are wrong and JPM
>> hasn't outraced RS much lately at all actually, huh?

>> Go ahead and gloat about today though. Now you know why I rub it in (a
>> little) when RS kicks JPM's ass.

>> You know what I mean. How RS is the better qualifier.

>They're 7-7 and please tell, how many poles does Ralf have this year?

>>  Is faster in the
>> races.......

>And Montoya is leading Ralf in the championship...

Do stop posting inconvenient facts which burst the sycophant's
bubble...

David

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by DC » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:35:24

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 14:42:22 -0700, Sylvan Smyth

Quote:


>>So, impressed with Ralf today, were we? I wasn't...

>This is starting to sound like CART vs. the IRL.  In the big picture
>they're both meaningless.  Neither Ralf nor JPM have been very notable
>lately.

It's fun playing with the blinkered loonies. But you're spot on with
your final sentence. Could it be the car?

David

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by DC » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 15:36:05

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:10:29 GMT, "David G Fisher"

Quote:

>Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not quite the
>same today.

>Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not Nurburgring.....

>David G Fisher



>> Enjoy the race, knobend? Did JPM outrace Ralf, again? I should say
>> so...

>> David

>Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not quite the
>same today.

>Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not Nurburgring.....

>David G Fisher

Does saying things twice make them more believable in your tiny
brain...?

David

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by young » Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:05:24

On Sun, 01 Sep 2002 21:06:14 GMT, "David G Fisher"

Quote:

>Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not quite the
>same today.

>Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not Nurburgring.....

>David G Fisher



>> Enjoy the race, knobend? Did JPM outrace Ralf, again? I should say
>> so...

>> David

>Wow. JPM really blew him away. Didn't RS LAP JPM at Hungary. Not quite the
>same today.

>Outraced him gain? When was the last race that JPM outraced RS? Lol.

>Not Hungary. Not Germany. Not France. Maybe Britain. Not Nurburgring.....

>David G Fisher

What a***head. Can't even top post properly! :)

Youngy
Montoya/Williams 2003 WDC

 
 
 

Did Ralf Outqualify JPM......Again?

Post by Gato » Sat, 07 Sep 2002 07:32:45



20:00:06 GMT

Just a pity he can't pass anyone.