Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Dirk » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 08:48:51


Well - I have to say that i've been a supporter of the guy ever since
he joined F1 - mostly for his fearless and aggressive driving style,
scoring points and overtaking the so called big guns when he really
shouldn't have, car wise.
But now....
Sheesh,
Let's be honest,McLaren would have done better stuffing big Ollie
Hardy into one of their cars and letting it self dismantle up the
starting straight (with the Keystone Cops in pursuit) - it's been that
bad this season.
I knew it was going to be bad when I saw DC & JB refer to him
"waddling" over to his car in the UK pre-season F1 show.
But it's just got worse and worse...
OK - he's now lost a bit of weight, but I'll never know what he was
thinking with regard to those pit lights...
These guys encounter the lights every practice session and every
testing session, so they can't say that they don't know what a red
light means. (Yes, even if there is a flashing blue one too).
But HOW can he say tonight on Five Live that he reckons there is some
sort of *** against him? - as DC said, it's pretty black and
white in the rule book - you do not cross red lights...end of story.
Anyway,
Lets hopefully see a return to what we really watch the guy for - and
see some fearless and exciting driving from big Ollie Montoya this
weekend.

Funnily enough, don't you think that Kimi looks a wee bit like Stan?

Looks like he's going to be VERY competitive here - so please don't
blow it Juan!!!!

Dirk T

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by eurocar » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 21:16:29

Quote:

> But HOW can he say tonight on Five Live that he reckons there is some
> sort of *** against him? - as DC said, it's pretty black and
> white in the rule book - you do not cross red lights...end of story.
> Anyway,
> Lets hopefully see a return to what we really watch the guy for - and
> see some fearless and exciting driving from big Ollie Montoya this
> weekend.

I think he was refering to the harshness of the penalty rather than the
fact that he was penalized. I think I saw an interview where he said
that he understood why he was penalized, but figured he should have
gotten a drive-through or be put at the back of the line of cars. HTH.

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Bigbir » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:27:24

Quote:


> > But HOW can he say tonight on Five Live that he reckons there is
> > some sort of *** against him? - as DC said, it's pretty
> > black and white in the rule book - you do not cross red
> > lights...end of story. Anyway,
> > Lets hopefully see a return to what we really watch the guy for -
> > and see some fearless and exciting driving from big Ollie Montoya
> > this weekend.

> I think he was refering to the harshness of the penalty rather than
> the fact that he was penalized. I think I saw an interview where he
> said that he understood why he was penalized, but figured he should
> have gotten a drive-through or be put at the back of the line of
> cars. HTH.

Makes it sound like he doesn't fully understand  why he was penalised.

Either of the penalties you mention would have seen him no worse off than if
the had obeyed the red light. I think the stewards felt there should a
strong message to go with such a fundamental safety violation. His recent
record may a have had some bearing.

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by eurocar » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:48:50

Quote:



> Makes it sound like he doesn't fully understand  why he was penalised.

> Either of the penalties you mention would have seen him no worse off than if
> the had obeyed the red light. I think the stewards felt there should a
> strong message to go with such a fundamental safety violation. His recent
> record may a have had some bearing.

I agree with you Bigbird. I think that he thinks that another driver
would have gotten a lesser penalty, and I believe that would be true.
The problem is, he brought this "***" upon himself through his
actions at Monaco, and then the aggrssive way he "blended" into line.
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by ChangeGu » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:30:13


Quote:




>> Makes it sound like he doesn't fully understand  why he was penalised.

>> Either of the penalties you mention would have seen him no worse off than
>> if
>> the had obeyed the red light. I think the stewards felt there should a
>> strong message to go with such a fundamental safety violation. His recent
>> record may a have had some bearing.

> I agree with you Bigbird. I think that he thinks that another driver
> would have gotten a lesser penalty, and I believe that would be true.
> The problem is, he brought this "***" upon himself through his
> actions at Monaco, and then the aggrssive way he "blended" into line.

or maybe he got it a blackflag because he thought he could get away with a
drive through if he ignored the redlight
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Ovrtheto » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:53:10


Quote:
> Well - I have to say that i've been a supporter of the guy ever since
> he joined F1 - mostly for his fearless and aggressive driving style,
> scoring points and overtaking the so called big guns when he really
> shouldn't have, car wise.
> But now....
> Sheesh,
> Let's be honest,McLaren would have done better stuffing big Ollie
> Hardy into one of their cars and letting it self dismantle up the
> starting straight (with the Keystone Cops in pursuit) - it's been that
> bad this season.
> I knew it was going to be bad when I saw DC & JB refer to him
> "waddling" over to his car in the UK pre-season F1 show.
> But it's just got worse and worse...
> OK - he's now lost a bit of weight, but I'll never know what he was
> thinking with regard to those pit lights...
> These guys encounter the lights every practice session and every
> testing session, so they can't say that they don't know what a red
> light means. (Yes, even if there is a flashing blue one too).

Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under the
safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by F2005.. » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:02:17

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 15:53:10 +0100, "Ovrthetop"

Quote:



>> Well - I have to say that i've been a supporter of the guy ever since
>> he joined F1 - mostly for his fearless and aggressive driving style,
>> scoring points and overtaking the so called big guns when he really
>> shouldn't have, car wise.
>> But now....
>> Sheesh,
>> Let's be honest,McLaren would have done better stuffing big Ollie
>> Hardy into one of their cars and letting it self dismantle up the
>> starting straight (with the Keystone Cops in pursuit) - it's been that
>> bad this season.
>> I knew it was going to be bad when I saw DC & JB refer to him
>> "waddling" over to his car in the UK pre-season F1 show.
>> But it's just got worse and worse...
>> OK - he's now lost a bit of weight, but I'll never know what he was
>> thinking with regard to those pit lights...
>> These guys encounter the lights every practice session and every
>> testing session, so they can't say that they don't know what a red
>> light means. (Yes, even if there is a flashing blue one too).

>Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under the
>safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.

Except Schumacher actually did no such thing, you eurotrash
dungbeetle.
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Geoff Ma » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:10:57

Quote:

> [snipped]

> Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under the
> safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.

I demand proof of this.

OfG

Geoff.

--
Unofficial F1 Database: http://SportToday.org/
Update: 13th June, 2005
USENET Email address is a spam trap, send Emails to address in the DB

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by GD » Sun, 19 Jun 2005 23:55:33



Quote:
> Makes it sound like he doesn't fully understand  why he was penalised.

> Either of the penalties you mention would have seen him no worse off
> than if the had obeyed the red light.

Having just taken a quick look at the Sporting Regulations, it seems
that most people commenting on this issue have it backwards anyway.

Article 149 - "...cars ...may only rejoin the track when the green
light at the end of pit lane is on."

Article 149 completely fails to mention anything about red lights.

The issue appears to be NOT that there was a red light, but actually
the lack of a green light.     If (for whatever silly reason) both
the red and green lights had been on, Montoya would have been ok.

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Ovrtheto » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 00:56:48


Quote:

> > [snipped]

> > Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under
the
> > safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.

> I demand proof of this.

> OfG

Watch the ***ing race.
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by John Brigg » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:21:21

Quote:




>>> [snipped]

>>> Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook
>>> under the safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and
>>> white.

>> I demand proof of this.

>> OfG

> Watch the ***ing race.

Does it show the lights?
--
John Briggs
 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by Geoff Ma » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 01:25:47

Quote:




>>>[snipped]

>>>Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under

> the

>>>safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.

>>I demand proof of this.

> Watch the ***ing race.

You stupid little child, you made the f*cking claim so you f*cking prove
it. Do you f*cking understand that, you f*cking idiot?

Now prove it or f*ck off!

OfG

Geoff.

--
Unofficial F1 Database: http://SportToday.org/
Update: 13th June, 2005
USENET Email address is a spam trap, send Emails to address in the DB

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by mace » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 03:28:09

Quote:





> >>>[snipped]

> >>>Yeah ***, that's why Schumacher crossed red lights and overtook under

> > the

> >>>safety car in Indy 2004, but they let him off. Black and white.

> >>I demand proof of this.

> > Watch the ***ing race.

> You stupid little child, you made the f*cking claim so you f*cking prove
> it. Do you f*cking understand that, you f*cking idiot?

> Now prove it or f*ck off!

The most pathetic thing on usenet?

*s on swearwords.

 
 
 

Montoya - doing the job of two drivers (Laurel & Hardy)?

Post by se.. » Mon, 20 Jun 2005 08:29:24

Montoya makes Andrea DeCesaris look like Alain Prost.

He's a menace.  A danger.  And be punted back to the minor leagues
where he came from (CART).