Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Orca Bo » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Is Ferrari just trying to reduce any heat Barichello would take if they said
it was a slip on his part rather than a mechanical problem.  Just a thought
as it looked like he just lost it.  I also heard another driver say that as
well (I think it was DC).
 
 
 

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Hans » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00



Quote:
> Is Ferrari just trying to reduce any heat Barichello would take if they
said
> it was a slip on his part rather than a mechanical problem.  Just a
thought
> as it looked like he just lost it.  I also heard another driver say that
as
> well (I think it was DC).

Hydraulic problems which caused both the spin (either by locking up the rear
wheel when gearing down or by spraying hydraulic fluid on the tyres) and the
retirement.

Hans

 
 
 

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Gordon McLachla » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

I think the "hydraulic" problem was Barichello's trying to drive through 4
inches of water in the grass.

Regards,
Gordon


Quote:


> > Is Ferrari just trying to reduce any heat Barichello would take if they
> said
> > it was a slip on his part rather than a mechanical problem.  Just a
> thought
> > as it looked like he just lost it.  I also heard another driver say that
> as
> > well (I think it was DC).

> Hydraulic problems which caused both the spin (either by locking up the
rear
> wheel when gearing down or by spraying hydraulic fluid on the tyres) and
the
> retirement.

> Hans


 
 
 

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Gra » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
> Is Ferrari just trying to reduce any heat Barichello would take if they
said
> it was a slip on his part rather than a mechanical problem.  Just a
thought
> as it looked like he just lost it.  I also heard another driver say that
as
> well (I think it was DC).

I think it was a failure, its not like a team to announce its car failed if
infact it was nice and reliable.
 
 
 

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Samo Korose » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Gra \"Foot in the Mouth\" Dee schrieb:

Quote:

> its not like a team to announce its car failed if
> infact it was nice and reliable.

Why not?    
.samo  
http://xype.com
 
 
 

Did Barichello's Car Break Down or Are Ferrari trying to Minimize Heat

Post by Gra » Tue, 25 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:
> > its not like a team to announce its car failed if
> > infact it was nice and reliable.

> Why not?

Well I'd assume that the cars mechanics/designer/etc.... wouldn't be too
happy to take the lame for a clear driver error. At least I wouldn't:-)