Cry Baby!!

Cry Baby!!

Post by Rober » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00


This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
enjoy driving anymore.

Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm not
enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared to
last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at least
one second a lap."

...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know from
your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut up
and drive!

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Mark J. Fruscian » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

->This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
->enjoy driving anymore.

->Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm not
->enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

->The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared to
->last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
->Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
->Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
->mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at least
->one second a lap."

I, myself, shed many a tear as I read the article, it's so sad when when
a genius has to suffer the incompetence of subhumans, as Jacques has all
his life.

->...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
->Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know from
->your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut up
->and drive!

What he said.

Mark
F1 Racing Page http://www.pipeline.com/~opus/racing.htm
Home of the RASF1 autobiographies.

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by A.J. Basset » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
> enjoy driving anymore.

see...you already have it wrong by the way you've warped the context.
Villeneuve *never* said he does not enjoy driving anymore, he said that
he wasn't enjoying the season so far, which goes without saying...

Quote:

> Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm not
> enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

Well, considering the sad shape of the Williams car, and the atrocious
performance of the pit crew, duh.

Quote:

> The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared to
> last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
> Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
> Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
> mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at least
> one second a lap."

yes...that is what he said, and much as you might not like it, he's
right.

Quote:

> ...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
> Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know from
> your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut up
> and drive!

Excuse me?  Are Panis and Katayama the defending world champion
drivers?  Have either even come within a wiff of competing for such a
title?

The Williams team and its car are performing miserably - I cannot
remember a car falling so far and behind the competition after coming
off a constructor's championship.

A.J.

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by A.J. Basset » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> like this.  

Well, for goodness sake, think about it.  Both Hill and Schumacher went
to another team after winning their championship.  No offense, but your
arguement has little to do with the situation surrounding Villeneuve.

A.J.

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Don Clayto » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
> enjoy driving anymore.

> Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm not
> enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

> The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared to
> last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
> Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
> Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
> mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at least
> one second a lap."

> ...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
> Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know from
> your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut up
> and drive!

It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
(though
Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

Don

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Roland Mechl » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

-|>This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
-|>enjoy driving anymore.
-|>
-|>Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm not
-|>enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."
-|>
-|>The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared to
-|>last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
-|>Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
-|>Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
-|>mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at least
-|>one second a lap."
-|>
-|>...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
-|>Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know from
-|>your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut up
-|>and drive!

Panis and Katayama never went straight from being WC to driving a relatively
uncompetative car. Is it really that mind boggling that JV is having
less fun and is frustrated this year? You don't think Hill felt the same
last year?

And why is it that Jaqcues should shut up but it's a-ok for you to speak
your mind? If you don't like what JV has to say, don't read articles about
him. Seems to me you're just looking for something to whine about.

-Roland

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Dale Erasmu » Fri, 01 May 1998 04:00:00

Don, Don, Don

Isn't this your second post in just eight threads. Could we have a classic
case of the pot calling the pan black??

--
Dale Erasmus
JHB, South Africa

Quote:


>> This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does not
>> enjoy driving anymore.

>> Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm
not
>> enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

>> The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared
to
>> last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
>> Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
>> Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
>> mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at
least
>> one second a lap."

>> ...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
>> Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know
from
>> your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just shut
up
>> and drive!

>It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
>put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
>like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
>(though
>Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

>Don

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by spangl » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00



Quote:
> And why is it that Jaqcues should shut up but it's a-ok for you to speak
> your mind? If you don't like what JV has to say, don't read articles
about
> him. Seems to me you're just looking for something to whine about.

But you should always _know_ about something or someone that you choose to
dislike. Otherwise, all you are is ignorant.

That said, I feel sorry for Jacques, as I felt sorry for Damon last year.
Different circumstances though - Jacques stayed with the team that won him
last years championship so he would have expected to at least have a
fighting chance in this years competition. Who knows, maybe Williams will
recover their competitiveness later in the season, but you can't help
thinking it's going to be too late.

--
Chris Collins
ICQ: 11750953
http://www.rasf1.org - Official RASF1 Website
http://www.sarah.org - RASF1-sponsored racer

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Préfontaine, Rober » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

I'm sorry to disagree with all of you.  Last year, DH did get into a
finger-pointing/flaming bout with his Arrows team about their cars being
light years away from the competition's.  To a point where the team came
out and suggested that DH "concentrate on what he was hired to do -- drive!
 We're all doing the best we can..."  And as for MS, papers here in JV
country reported many of his far-from-morale-building comments about the
sad state of affairs in the Scuderia ranks (remember when he was spending
entire races huddling down and away from the air intake so the engine could
breathe properly?).  The Teutonic Titan did NOT appreciate, noooo sir!

And as for your advice to JV, am I to understand that he should shut up and
enjoy NOT winning races?  Gentleman, I am thoroughly disappointed...  Tsk,
tsk.  And shame on you.  Aren't there enough happy-go-lucky Katayamas "et
al" already out there?

Regards.



Quote:

> > This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does
not
> > enjoy driving anymore.

> > Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm
not
> > enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

> > The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared
to
> > last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
> > Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
> > Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
> > mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at
least
> > one second a lap."

> > ...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
> > Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know
from
> > your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just
shut up
> > and drive!

> It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
> (though
> Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

> Don

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Don Clayto » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


> > It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> > put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> > like this.

> Well, for goodness sake, think about it.  Both Hill and Schumacher went
> to another team after winning their championship.  No offense, but your
> arguement has little to do with the situation surrounding Villeneuve.

I don't think so.  Every year is a new year for all teams.  Look at
Benetton after Shumacher left.  You can't stay at a team and assume that
last years *** is automatically going to relate to this years
***.  And if it doesn't you should develope the car, not complain
to everyone what a crappy car and team you're on.

Don

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Don Clayto » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> I'm sorry to disagree with all of you.  Last year, DH did get into a
> finger-pointing/flaming bout with his Arrows team about their cars being
> light years away from the competition's.  To a point where the team came
> out and suggested that DH "concentrate on what he was hired to do -- drive!

True, but you'll notice how long that took.  How many races did his car
fail to start?  I don't think you can compare the Arrows to the
Williams.

Quote:
>  We're all doing the best we can..."  And as for MS, papers here in JV
> country reported many of his far-from-morale-building comments about the
> sad state of affairs in the Scuderia ranks (remember when he was spending
> entire races huddling down and away from the air intake so the engine could
> breathe properly?).  The Teutonic Titan did NOT appreciate, noooo sir!

> And as for your advice to JV, am I to understand that he should shut up and
> enjoy NOT winning races?  Gentleman, I am thoroughly disappointed...  Tsk,
> tsk.  And shame on you.  Aren't there enough happy-go-lucky Katayamas "et
> al" already out there?

I don't think he should shut up, and I don't expect him to.  I just
think
it says a lot about him.

Don

Quote:
> Regards.




> > > This article was posted on a web site and states that Villeneuve does
> not
> > > enjoy driving anymore.

> > > Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said, "I'm
> not
> > > enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

> > > The Canadian is frustrated with his Williams, which is nothing compared
> to
> > > last season's car. He said, "You feel frustrated lagging behind." The
> > > Williams FW20 has several problems, but the biggest one is understeer.
> > > Villeneuve said, "We have been unable so far to solve the car problems,
> > > mostly understeering, and are trailing our leading competitors by at
> least
> > > one second a lap."

> > > ...Booohooohooo....get in yer damned car and just drive...I never heard
> > > Panis complain and or Katayama ( former driver)!!!...Hey Jack, I know
> from
> > > your bio's you often visit this newsgroup...If you read this ...Just
> shut up
> > > and drive!

> > It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> > put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> > like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
> > (though
> > Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

> > Don

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Ian Hil » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> The Williams team and its car are performing miserably - I cannot
> remember a car falling so far and behind the competition after coming
> off a constructor's championship.

1988 must come close - the Williams team (again) had lost their Honda
turbos to McLaren and were using Judd "atmospherics". They had won both
titles fairly easily the previous year (Piquet and Mansell), but their
1988 highlight were two 2nd places in GB and Spain for Mansell, who
failed to finish any other races that year, while new team-mate Patrese
failed to reach the podium.
 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Stefan Mazu » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
> (though
> Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

Frentzen complains about the car, Patrick Head his seriously thinking of
replacing his entire engineering staff and had stated publicly that he
was more then unhappy with the 98 car. They are so desperate to fix it
that they are actually gona use last year's rear end. Both Schumacher
and Hill have had bad things to say about there cars in the pass. I
don't remember a driver who didn't.

Montreal has enjoy it's GP non stop since 77, Villeneuve or no
Villeneuve. I don't think him leaving the sport would affect it in any
way. But don't count on him to leave in the predictable futur.
Villeneuve has brougth a lot of new fans and exictement to the sport,
and not only in Canada (did you not notice all the canadian flags in
Imola? There were more of them then the german flag!).

--
Stefan Mazur
******************

Please insert these lines in all of your web pages

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
 <!--    // Find out if browser is IE
     var uagent=navigator.userAgent;     // If it is, then...
     if (uagent.indexOf("MSIE") == 25) {     // Drop a hint...
    alert( 'You are using IE. Shame on you!' )
    // And cause IE to shut down. (Brilliant security, Microsoft!)
     self.close()
     }     //-->
</SCRIPT>

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Vinc » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Villeneuve does not enjoy driving this season's Williams. He said,
> "I'm not
> enjoying driving anymore under present circumstances."

  It is easy to enjoy driving a winning Williams... JV is in trouble
when he finds in the middle of the grid. For who was surprised for his
excellent debut in Formula 1, he made a lot of km in tests, and drove a
car on which also Hill was able to win a championship, and that's all
about the car.

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------
"Vinci"

Home-page : http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/7917
---------------------------------------------------------------------

 
 
 

Cry Baby!!

Post by Don Clayto » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


> > It certainly says a lot about him.  Both Schumacher and Hill have had to
> > put up with very bad cars and while commenting on them, never reacted
> > like this.  Personally I think the sport will do better without him
> > (though
> > Canada and Montreal will probably suffer).

> Frentzen complains about the car, Patrick Head his seriously thinking of
> replacing his entire engineering staff and had stated publicly that he
> was more then unhappy with the 98 car. They are so desperate to fix it
> that they are actually gona use last year's rear end. Both Schumacher
> and Hill have had bad things to say about there cars in the pass. I
> don't remember a driver who didn't.

Sure, but the last one to complaign so much was Mansel...and we all know
what happened to him.

Quote:
> Montreal has enjoy it's GP non stop since 77, Villeneuve or no
> Villeneuve. I don't think him leaving the sport would affect it in any
> way. But don't count on him to leave in the predictable futur.
> Villeneuve has brougth a lot of new fans and exictement to the sport,
> and not only in Canada (did you not notice all the canadian flags in
> Imola? There were more of them then the german flag!).

The Montreal F1 doubled the # of seats are significantly raised the
prices of tickets when JV appears.  I suspect the opposite will happen
when he leaves.

Don