Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Hello Freddi » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 13:47:56


Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
Alonso has.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?...

Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by D. Johnso » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:06:27

Quote:

> Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
> Alonso has.

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?...

> Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
> Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

I wonder why his opinion bears any significance?

Sure!  If JYS said something, I suppose that it would get attention.  

But Button?  C'mon!  Though he's a good driver, his record doesn't say much.

He's an expert on being a disappointment so perhaps his perspective about LH is
based on that authority.

I wonder what Scott Speed thinks?  LOL!

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by DC » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:26:40



Quote:
>Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
>Alonso has.

I suppose two is technically "multiple". It's going to take him a long
time to get to three...

Quote:
>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?...

I see it's from the Mail. No point in reading that then...

Quote:
>Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
>Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

What a totally meaningless (and no doubt out of context) comment. Who
knows how many more chances he'll have and whether or not they'll be
"better" over the next 15 years...?

David

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by D. Johnso » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:45:00

Quote:

> What a totally meaningless (and no doubt out of context) comment. Who
> knows how many more chances he'll have and whether or not they'll be
> "better" over the next 15 years...?

> David

Why is Jenson Button imitating Eddie Irvine by spewing stupid stuff?

Alas, 22 year-old Hamiton's career is in bad shape and his future is bleak!

ROTFLMAO!

Jense should just STFU and drive.

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Ian Rawling » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:11:16


Quote:
> Why is Jenson Button imitating Eddie Irvine by spewing stupid stuff?

Yeah but he probably didn't, this is reported in the Mail remember.
All he appears to have said is that there's no certaintly that the
chances Lewis had this year will be repeated, in Daily Mail speak this
translates to "Button thinks Hamilton's chances may have gone
forever", technically reflects what he said but not the actual spirit.

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Richard Mille » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:17:04



Quote:
>>Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
>>Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

>What a totally meaningless (and no doubt out of context) comment. Who
>knows how many more chances he'll have and whether or not they'll be
>"better" over the next 15 years...?

All one can legitimately say is that he did have this year a better
chance than most drivers get in their whole careers. But with his
talent, it would be surprising if he doesn't remain in front-running
teams for a fair while. Mind you, one could say the same about Button,
and he just hasn't had the breaks.
--
Richard Miller
 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Paul- » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:24:51

Quote:


> > Why is Jenson Button imitating Eddie Irvine by spewing stupid stuff?

> Yeah but he probably didn't, this is reported in the Mail remember.
> All he appears to have said is that there's no certaintly that the
> chances Lewis had this year will be repeated, in Daily Mail speak this
> translates to "Button thinks Hamilton's chances may have gone
> forever", technically reflects what he said but not the actual spirit.

I've just listened to Lewis in an interview on R5L a few minutes ago,
saying something very similar. He also said that he would like to drive
for McLaren for the rest of his F1` career, and that a move to Ferrari
would not be on the cards as it would be "a sideways move, and why
would I want to do that?". Gary Richardson (the interviewer) took this
to mean thet Lewis considers Ferrari to be an inferior team... so just
a few seconds after the end of an interview another journo puts words
into Lewis' mouth which he actually never said or inferred.

--
Paul-B

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Ian Rawling » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:42:28


Quote:
> Gary Richardson (the interviewer) took this to mean thet Lewis
> considers Ferrari to be an inferior team... so just a few seconds
> after the end of an interview another journo puts words into Lewis'
> mouth which he actually never said or inferred.

Soemtimes journalist's deliberate mis-reading of events are justified,
possibly in that case as Lewis must feel more affinity for McLaren
than Ferrari so the team would be an inferior choice for him, no
advantage to be gained and potentially much to lose (although I didn't
hear the interview so don't know what was actually said).

In the reporting of Button's comments the Daily Mail's "journalist's"
aim is to make drivers appear to be sniping at each other, something
David Coulthard made use of recently by actually taking some mild
pot-shots to get him some column inches.

It's a shame some people still believe too much of what they read, we
all do it to a degree or we'd go potty, but from a source such as the
Daily Mail then it's just not healthy.

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by just bo » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:36:25

I already said that earlier this week!


Quote:
> Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
> Alonso has.

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/motorsport.html?...

> Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
> Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Alexandr » Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:52:29


Quote:
> Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
> Alonso has.

> http://SportToday.org/

> Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
> Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

Button is simply saying out loud what everybody in F1 thinks from
drivers to team managers. Hamilton was given the fastest car on track,
a 2xWorld Champion to set up his car and to sabotage when needed to
eliminate his chances to compete with Hamilton, the FIA was ruling in
favour of Hamilton the entire season because of his nationality, his
car was given preferential treatment when he went offtrack. NOBODY IN
THE HISTORY OF F1 HAD IT AS EASY AS HAMILTON TO WIN THE WDC. Yet he
managed to *** it all up, failed to win a single race from any other
place than pole position and made a TOTAL ASS of himself in the last
two races.

Hamilton is MEDIOCRE. He is going to be terribly exposed in 2008.
That's exactly what Button is talking about.

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Paul- » Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:24:06

Quote:

> Button is simply saying out loud what everybody in F1 thinks from
> drivers to team managers.

And you know this how, exactly?

--
Paul-B

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Alle » Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:28:41

Quote:


>> Gary Richardson (the interviewer) took this to mean thet Lewis
>> considers Ferrari to be an inferior team... so just a few seconds
>> after the end of an interview another journo puts words into Lewis'
>> mouth which he actually never said or inferred.

> Soemtimes journalist's deliberate mis-reading of events are justified,
> possibly in that case as Lewis must feel more affinity for McLaren
> than Ferrari so the team would be an inferior choice for him, no
> advantage to be gained and potentially much to lose (although I didn't
> hear the interview so don't know what was actually said).

> In the reporting of Button's comments the Daily Mail's "journalist's"
> aim is to make drivers appear to be sniping at each other, something
> David Coulthard made use of recently by actually taking some mild
> pot-shots to get him some column inches.

> It's a shame some people still believe too much of what they read, we
> all do it to a degree or we'd go potty, but from a source such as the
> Daily Mail then it's just not healthy.

My gut feeling has always been that Hamilton will spend his entire F1
career with McLaren. I can't see why he shouldn't - unless Ferrari offer
him 50 mill a season and he needs the cash lifestyle whatever etc.
 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Alle » Tue, 13 Nov 2007 00:26:36

Quote:


>> Looks like Jenson does not think Lewfus will win multiple WC's like
>> Alonso has.

>> http://SportToday.org/

>> Lewis Hamilton could have blown his best chance of ever winning the
>> Formula One world title, Jenson Button warned last night.

> Button is simply saying out loud what everybody in F1 thinks from
> drivers to team managers. Hamilton was given the fastest car on track,
> a 2xWorld Champion to set up his car and to sabotage when needed to
> eliminate his chances to compete with Hamilton, the FIA was ruling in
> favour of Hamilton the entire season because of his nationality, his
> car was given preferential treatment when he went offtrack. NOBODY IN
> THE HISTORY OF F1 HAD IT AS EASY AS HAMILTON TO WIN THE WDC. Yet he
> managed to *** it all up, failed to win a single race from any other
> place than pole position and made a TOTAL ASS of himself in the last
> two races.

> Hamilton is MEDIOCRE. He is going to be terribly exposed in 2008.
> That's exactly what Button is talking about.

You really are a hopeless cnut, yes?
 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by DC » Tue, 13 Nov 2007 01:24:58


Quote:

>> Button is simply saying out loud what everybody in F1 thinks from
>> drivers to team managers.

>And you know this how, exactly?

He has retuned his tinfoil hat and the signal is strong from
Betelgeuse...

David

 
 
 

Jenson Button says Hamilton's title chances may be gone forever!

Post by Ian Rawling » Tue, 13 Nov 2007 02:00:38


Quote:
> My gut feeling has always been that Hamilton will spend his entire F1
> career with McLaren. I can't see why he shouldn't - unless Ferrari offer
> him 50 mill a season and he needs the cash lifestyle whatever etc.

Naah, it's his first year, a bit early to be writing him off as a lifer ;-)

--
Blast off and strike the evil Bydo empire!