Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by SchW » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Has anyone else noticed how the increase in Ferrari fans seems to have
coincided with the increase in Man Utd Fans. Those people that only follow
those who win all the time, and therefore expected Micheal to do the same
for Ferrari as he did for Benetton.

Well he has ( devalued the championship again by cheating )

Adelaide 94 anyone.

Schroeder W.

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by Tifoso O » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Has anyone else noticed how the increase in Ferrari fans seems to have
>coincided with the increase in Man Utd Fans. Those people that only follow
>those who win all the time, and therefore expected Micheal to do the same
>for Ferrari as he did for Benetton.

Anyone notice the increase in the Usenet stupidity index as computer
prices have plummeted ?

Quote:
>Well he has ( devalued the championship again by cheating )
>Adelaide 94 anyone.

God, did Hill ***up on that one...  If he'd only lifted instead, he'd
probably been WC for that year...

Mark
http://SportToday.org/~opus

"Skeletons in the closet ? Hell;  I've got skeletons running around
raiding leftovers from the fridge'..."  - Jimmy James

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by Ian Hil » Mon, 25 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

>Anyone notice the increase in the Usenet stupidity index as computer
>prices have plummeted ?

Definitely.

Quote:

>>Well he has ( devalued the championship again by cheating )
>>Adelaide 94 anyone.

>God, did Hill ***up on that one...  If he'd only lifted instead, he'd
>probably been WC for that year...

Yep, although it would probably have been undeserved... as it is, I can
pretend to myself that Damon *should* have won that year... :-)


http://SportToday.org/;  http://SportToday.org/
   http://SportToday.org/~ianhill

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by This space for re » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

SchW hunched over the keypad and pounded out the following...

Quote:
>Has anyone else noticed how the increase in Ferrari fans seems to >have

coincided with the increase in Man Utd Fans.

Maybe people just like red.  

Quote:
>Those people that only follow those who win all the time

Oh yes, we win all the time we Ferrari fans.  Let's see, four championships in
the last twenty years (one drivers, three constructors).  Williams used to win
that many championships in two years.  I'd say a 10% strike rate in twenty
years hardly counts as "winning all the time".

If you're looking for frontrunning fans, look in the West/McLaren/Mercedes
enclosure.  Most of these people i've come across couldn't pick Bruce McLaren
out of a line up to save their lives.  Here's a test to ferret out true McFans:

1. Who's Tyler Alexander?
2. True or False, Teddy Mayer is a stuffed animal.
3. What does MP4 stand for?
4. Why were McLaren Cars painted that nifty 60's yellow/orange?
5. Which happened first, McLaren's first constructors championship or their
first Indy 500 win?
6. True or False, the "Bruce and Denny Show" was a 1960's late night TV comedy.

And for extra credit, Where is New Zealand?

If you can't get five of those questions right, take that crazy metalic
West/McLaren gear off your head before you bake your domes under those
microwave like hats and admit that you aren't a real McLaren fan.  Feel free to
dig out some of that Rothmans swag you bought back when you were a Williams
fan.

Quote:
>and therefore expected Micheal to do the same for Ferrari as he did >for

Benetton.

We'll have to wait another year for Michael's championship, but it'll be worth
it.

Quote:
>Well he has ( devalued the championship again by cheating )

Yep, he sure cheated those McBoys didn't he.  Taking those seven races off and
giving them a huge head start in both championships certainly was the move of
an accomplished cheater.

Quote:

>Adelaide 94 anyone.

Yes Please.  I'll gladly take another of those.

FORZA

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by GraDe » Tue, 26 Oct 1999 04:00:00

haha, Man U and McLaren shoul;d really join forces...... Only one thing I
don't get?

Where are all the Leeds shirts? We usually get an infestation of team
jerseys for some lads who get to the top but get booted to about 13th
position by the end:-)

Kinda like all those silvery/grey shirts, isn't it?

Quote:

>Has anyone else noticed how the increase in Ferrari fans seems to have
>coincided with the increase in Man Utd Fans. Those people that only follow
>those who win all the time, and therefore expected Micheal to do the same
>for Ferrari as he did for Benetton.

>Well he has ( devalued the championship again by cheating )

>Adelaide 94 anyone.

>Schroeder W.

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by Tilman Bo » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00


Ian Hill wrote on Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:50:35 +0100:

Quote:

[...]
> >God, did Hill ***up on that one...  If he'd only lifted instead, he'd
> >probably been WC for that year...

> Yep, although it would probably have been undeserved... as it is, I can
> pretend to myself that Damon *should* have won that year... :-)

Ian,

this, however TIC, must be the first original thought on that incident
I've seen in five years. Cool! ;-)

--
Cheers, Tilman

`Learning French is trivial: the word for horse is cheval, and
 everything else follows in the same way.'
                                             -- Alan J. Perlis

 
 
 

Man Utd Fans and Ferrari Fans

Post by Ian Hil » Fri, 29 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Quote:

> Ian Hill wrote on Sun, 24 Oct 1999 21:50:35 +0100:


> [...]
> > >God, did Hill ***up on that one...  If he'd only lifted instead, he'd
> > >probably been WC for that year...

> > Yep, although it would probably have been undeserved... as it is, I can
> > pretend to myself that Damon *should* have won that year... :-)

> Ian,

> this, however TIC, must be the first original thought on that incident
> I've seen in five years. Cool! ;-)

Perhaps it's all tied in with the perceived British sympathy for the
underdog. If I'm supporting someone, I'd rather see them lose but deserve to
win, than to win without deserving it.

Ian