Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Default Use » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00


Oh yes are we gonna see this (again of course!)

        1 st free practise      fastest         Mika Hakkinen FIN      
        2 nd free   "           fastest    Mika Hakkinen FIN
        3 qualifying            pole position   Mika Hakkinen FIN
        4 warm-up               fastest         Mika Hakkinen FIN      
        5 race                  winner          Mika Hakkinen FIN
                                fastest lap     Mika Hakkinen FIN

**************sorry for the last race******************

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sven Baume » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

 > **************sorry for the last race******************

apology accepted  ;-)

But I'm quite sure you're a con-artist, because
the original guy had a .fi domain, and he had
one "!" more.

BTW, where/what the hell is .gi anyway?
Gilligans Island?

Sven. (sober again)

([:])-----#####-|

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ding » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
Verstappen he would be among best for sure. I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
"knowledge & skill" is in his car. M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
DENY IT!!!!
Quote:

>Oh yes are we gonna see this (again of course!)

> 1 st free practise fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
> 2 nd free   "           fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
> 3 qualifying pole position Mika Hakkinen FIN
> 4 warm-up fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
> 5 race winner Mika Hakkinen FIN
> fastest lap Mika Hakkinen FIN

>**************sorry for the last race******************


 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Sven Baume » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Why are u so naive?!?!?!?

"u"s are naive because letters don't have a brain...  ;-)

Quote:
> Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
> drives the best car on the track?

...and Michael the best car off the track?  ;-)

Quote:
> If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos Verstappen

the whole team? nice present!
I want Ferrari for X-mas. And Williams for my birthday.

Quote:
> he would be among best for sure.

best driver missing the braking point.
best driver thru the gravel trap.
best driver into the wall.
;-)

Quote:
> I think that 80% of Hakkinen's "knowledge & skill" is in his car.

when Mika is driving the car, it's actually a 100%
of Mika, his skill and knowledge in the car.

Quote:
> M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT DENY IT!!!!

or else...  ;-)

Sven.
(being *very,very* silly today. Must be the sun... ;-)

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Stefan Mazu » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
> drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
> Verstappen he would be among best for sure.

It's hard to tell since Jos does not drive a McLaren. I would think that
he would manage to win a race or two, but not a WC. I did not believed
in the begening of the season that he had what it takes to be WC, best
car or not. But the way he managed to get up after a bad British GP and
the great deal of pressure put on him by Schumacher tends to make me
believe that he is not that bad. He as been regarded as one of the
fastest driver around since he entered F1, know that he as some
experience, he is becoming a very steady driver.

Quote:
> I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
> "knowledge & skill" is in his car.

F1 is 50% car and 50% driver. No one could win a WC in a Minardi and
Rosset could not win a WC in a McLaren.

Quote:
> M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!!

Probably true.

Quote:
> You CANNOT
> DENY IT!!!!

Why not? I can think what I want.

--
Stefan Mazur
******************

Please insert these lines in all of your web pages

<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
 <!--    // Find out if browser is IE
     var uagent=navigator.userAgent;     // If it is, then...
     if (uagent.indexOf("MSIE") == 25) {     // Drop a hint...
    alert( 'You are using IE. Shame on you!' )
    // And cause IE to shut down. (Brilliant security, Microsoft!)
     self.close()
     }     //-->
</SCRIPT>

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Jari Kos » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
>DENY IT!!!!

Heheee, hirrrnnnn. :-) :-) :-] Like in Hockenheim and A 1 Ring ;-] :-)
Hahaaaa......
 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by slowcarfasterbi » Wed, 12 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
>drives the best car on the track?

Deja Vu?  Isn't this what happened last year with JV?  Now he sucks
big time.  

?If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos

Quote:
>Verstappen he would be among best for sure.

If u gave 1997 Williams to *name your favorite driver here* he would
be world champion by now.

Slowcarfasterbike

93 Passat GLX, 93 Mazda Miata
DoD #2057 (Denizens of Doom)
VPOG #1  (Volkswagen Passat Owners Group)
AAAAA #147 (American Association Against Acronym Abuse

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by brswe.. » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
>drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
>Verstappen he would be among best for sure. I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
>"knowledge & skill" is in his car. M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
>DENY IT!!!!

Certainly not with all those capital letters to convey your point, we
can't. Emphasis will certainly carry the day.

Curious: what percentage of Schumacher's "knowledge & skill" is in his
car? I'm fascinated by the relative importance of car and driver.
Similarly, where do you suppose Verstappen would finish in Schumacher's
car?

Let's say you're only half the driver Hakkinen is, although we know you to
be a fierce competitor restrained only by a lack of exposure. McLaren
hires you tomorrow to drive Mika's car. With the car being a constant of
80%, Hakkinen only accounts for 20% of the car's performance. If you're
half the driver Mika is, we can then expect you to be turning laps at 90%
of Mika's speed at Nurburging. Skeptically, I submit that any of us would
be lucky to manage 30% of Mika's times.

Could our model possibly be in error?

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ding » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>Curious: what percentage of Schumacher's "knowledge & skill" is in his
>car? I'm fascinated by the relative importance of car and driver.
>Similarly, where do you suppose Verstappen would finish in Schumacher's
>car?

Certainly more than Hakkinen's. We all saw what was Ferrari like in first 11
races - much worse than McLaren (true that it was improving, but Ferrari is
still a long way from McLaren) and Michael managed to win 4 races. I would
say that Schumacher has more "knowledge & skill" of his own, than that he
depends on his car. BUT (there are always those damned "BUTS"), I either
cannot deny that Hakkinen is bad. He is good, but in the same car with
Schumi - well I don't think he has chance. Verstappen would be 15 or 16 in
Schumi's car.

Quote:
>Let's say you're only half the driver Hakkinen is, although we know you to
>be a fierce competitor restrained only by a lack of exposure. McLaren
>hires you tomorrow to drive Mika's car. With the car being a constant of
>80%, Hakkinen only accounts for 20% of the car's performance. If you're
>half the driver Mika is, we can then expect you to be turning laps at 90%
>of Mika's speed at Nurburging. Skeptically, I submit that any of us would
>be lucky to manage 30% of Mika's times.

>Could our model possibly be in error?

O.K. maybe it's 40% Mika and 60% car.
 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ding » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


>>M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
>>DENY IT!!!!

>Heheee, hirrrnnnn. :-) :-) :-] Like in Hockenheim and A 1 Ring ;-] :-)
>Hahaaaa......

How's that, that you didn't mention Argentina, France, G.B. & Canada?!?!?!?
 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Ding » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>It's hard to tell since Jos does not drive a McLaren. I would think that
>he would manage to win a race or two, but not a WC. I did not believed....
>and so on...

That is true, but could he win the WC in Schumi's car????

Quote:
>> I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
>> "knowledge & skill" is in his car.

>F1 is 50% car and 50% driver.

Why can't I belive this (in this case naturaly)???

Quote:
>Stefan Mazur
>******************

>Please insert these lines in all of your web pages

><SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
> <!--    // Find out if browser is IE
>     var uagent=navigator.userAgent;     // If it is, then...
>     if (uagent.indexOf("MSIE") == 25) {     // Drop a hint...
>    alert( 'You are using IE. Shame on you!' )
>    // And cause IE to shut down. (Brilliant security, Microsoft!)
>     self.close()
>     }     //-->
></SCRIPT>

What are you some kind of a nut (Yeah, I'm a pean-nut). NO just kidding. Why
don't you like Internet Explorer. It's far more better than Netscape.
Example: On one machine I'm using Netscape 4.1 and on the other MSIE 4.0.
What do you think on which am I surfing faster? On MSIE naturaly. Netscape
STINKS!!! So please don't make us "have to head***you!!!" :):):):):)
 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by jamesh.. » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:


>>Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
>>drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
>>Verstappen he would be among best for sure. I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
>>"knowledge & skill" is in his car. M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
>>DENY IT!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes I CAN.

Quote:

>Certainly not with all those capital letters to convey your point, we
>can't. Emphasis will certainly carry the day.

>Curious: what percentage of Schumacher's "knowledge & skill" is in his
>car? I'm fascinated by the relative importance of car and driver.
>Similarly, where do you suppose Verstappen would finish in Schumacher's
>car?

Unfortunately in the gravel trap as usual...

Quote:

>Let's say you're only half the driver Hakkinen is, although we know you to
>be a fierce competitor restrained only by a lack of exposure. McLaren
>hires you tomorrow to drive Mika's car. With the car being a constant of
>80%, Hakkinen only accounts for 20% of the car's performance. If you're
>half the driver Mika is, we can then expect you to be turning laps at 90%
>of Mika's speed at Nurburging. Skeptically, I submit that any of us would
>be lucky to manage 30% of Mika's times.

Total utter nonsense.  I suspect that at Nurburgring I would lap at faster than
30% of Mika's times in my street car.

I think many of us in this newsgroup would achieve roughly 90% of Mika's times
in identical machinery given a few hours of practice - maybe even a few laps.

Quote:

>Could our model possibly be in error?

I think your model was totally in error.

David Sidwell
(remove SpamMeNot. to email reply)
"Well, if you had Michael Schumacher up your backside for one-and-a-half hours you would be mentally drained!!"
  - Alan Jones commentating on the 1997 San Marino GP.
"while I have never used a pole-axe I have had some experience with farm animals, yes."
  - My favourite quote from spider (aka Cal) in an rasf1 1997 post.

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Markus Vars » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

|> Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
|> drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
|> Verstappen he would be among best for sure. I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
|> "knowledge & skill" is in his car. M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
|> DENY IT!!!!
|>
Ave!!

 How many times you have to see this. Guess several before each race.
 I rather like fans who support their driver just because.
 The so called objective observers are the tedious bit. In order
 to make their hero/idol what ever look better they need to belittle
 the others by making bullshit obseravations with foundations in
 bullshit hard to walk on.

 Stuff it please !!

- Oho -

|>
|> >Oh yes are we gonna see this (again of course!)
|> >
|> > 1 st free practise fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> > 2 nd free   "           fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> > 3 qualifying pole position Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> > 4 warm-up fastest Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> > 5 race winner Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> > fastest lap Mika Hakkinen FIN
|> >
|> >
|> >**************sorry for the last race******************

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Stefan Mazu » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> That is true, but could he win the WC in Schumi's car????

Depends on the competition. If MS would be in the other Ferrari or in
the McLaren MS would win. Besides if they were both in the Ferrari Mika
would not be allowed to challenge him :-)

Quote:
> >F1 is 50% car and 50% driver.
> Why can't I belive this (in this case naturaly)???

Don't know, but do you think that MS could win a race in a Minardi?

Quote:

> What are you some kind of a nut (Yeah, I'm a pean-nut). NO just kidding. Why
> don't you like Internet Explorer. It's far more better than Netscape.
> Example: On one machine I'm using Netscape 4.1 and on the other MSIE 4.0.
> What do you think on which am I surfing faster? On MSIE naturaly. Netscape
> STINKS!!! So please don't make us "have to head***you!!!" :):):):):)

Try getting Netscape 4.5, it's what I have at home and I would not
change it (even if it's full of bugs). At work I have to use both (I
develop internet applications and have to test) and I find that the
response time is about the same on both. They are both pretty much the
same, I just hate Microsoft for about a million different reasons. But
the one point where Netscape beats explorer is when you download.
Explorer usualy can't see the size of the file that you are downloading
and when it does it gives you completly wrong estimation of the download
time. Netscape almost always knows the size of the file and is pretty
accure in the estimation of the download time.

--
Stefan Mazur
******************

The year 2000 is almost here, do you know how many computers will crash
and how it will affect your life?

 
 
 

Mika, Mika, Mika the superpilot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post by Christopher Wilmo » Thu, 13 Aug 1998 04:00:00


writes
Quote:
>Why are u so naive?!?!?!? Can't u see that Mika is only goood because he
>drives the best car on the track? If u gave McLaren Mercedes to Jos
>Verstappen he would be among best for sure. I think that 80% of Hakkinen's
>"knowledge & skill" is in his car. M. Schumi is the BEST!!!!! You CANNOT
>DENY IT!!!!

Martin brundle, team mate of both drivers says Hakkinen's faster over a
single lap, though shumacher is a better overall driver. This was
several years ago, maybe Mika has matured as a driver and is much better
overall than he used to be. While still holding on to has staggering
pace.

As for 80% car. Ferrari's bad performance in Germany was blamed on the
car. Yet a couple of races before the German GP, Ferrari said they'd
caught up. Was the sudden drop in performance because of the car or
schumacher? If it was shumache, then what was he playing at? If it's the
car then it's got worse overnight. If that's the case your 80% figure
looks more correct than i had thought.
--
Christopher Wilmot