Its high time Zaheer Khan is shown the door. He may
have hit a beautiful 33* but we are not picking him
for slogging off in tne end but for his bowling and
he has failed 3 times consecutively and hasn't looked
effective at all in any match. This team is short on
enthusiasm and energy. This is what i will do to get
the team back to winning ways and must they do that
to reach the final!
1. However much i hate Ganguly, he seems to be a much
better captain than Dravid. Today Dravid was just pathetic
in his bowling changes(bring part-timers before the 5th
regular bowler, continuing with spinners towards the end
with all the dew etc). So Gangu needs to come back and
give some renewed vigour to the team.
2. Bring back Ashish Nehra. He seems to be confident of
having recovered from injury. He definitely will bowl
better than Zaheer who seems to have a mental block
against Gilchrist and the Australians.
3. Stick with Kartik as the other spinner along with
4. Bring back Parthiv Patel. The so-called spinners don't
seem like giving any extra edge to the Indians even on
supposedly slow and low tracks, so why have 3 of them?
The part-timers can do a better job anyways. Besides,
Dravid's keeping was horrendous today. Let off 2 edges
and so many leg-side balls. Parthiv will atleast
save the extra 10-20 runs which will compensate for any
less number of runs he may score.
5. Open with Nehra and Bhajji. The Aussies haven't seen
Nehra bowl much and he can be a surprise package.
Certainly he won't be as bad as Zaheer.
So my team will be:
2. Saurav (yes, even if Sehwag is well because he sucks against Aussies)
4. Yuvraj (promote him up the order, he seems to do well against Aussies)
I'm sure this team will give a much better fight than the present one.