Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by zito.. » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Apparently in the news, Leicestershire spinner Matthew Brimson has been
criticised after an apparently exposing himself in a team photograph
featured in the new edition of the Wisden Cricket Almanack.

See: http://www.cricketunlimited.co.uk/Articles/0,5217,162308,00.html

Hmm, I haven't seen the new Wisden, but I better make it quick otherwise
the publisher will make a "correction" to that photo...

cheers
Zito.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by John Hal » Fri, 14 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

>Apparently in the news, Leicestershire spinner Matthew Brimson has been
>criticised after an apparently exposing himself in a team photograph
>featured in the new edition of the Wisden Cricket Almanack.

>See: http://www.cricketunlimited.co.uk/Articles/0,5217,162308,00.html

Just had a look at my own copy of Wisden and it *does* rather look as if
that's what he's doing. Just the sort of jolly jape that a cricketer
*would* try to pull in a team photograph. It shows how little attention
people generally pay to team photos that it could get all the way to
appearing in Wisden before anyone noticed.

Quote:

>Hmm, I haven't seen the new Wisden, but I better make it quick otherwise
>the publisher will make a "correction" to that photo...

I suspect the cost of pulling in all the copies from the shops and
replacing them would be prohibitive.
--
John Hall
           "It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless
            information."
                                 Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Eddy Bayto » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

It's what the gentlemen in front of him think about it all amuses me. There
are quite a few grins around. Actually I think it adds a touch of humour to
the whole thing. The remaining pages of the book are all well worth the
money too, an excellent publication all round.
  No chance of sneaking a look in the bookshop though as  this year the book
is shrink wrapped with a little freebie paperback of equally excellent
merit.

Eddy

Quote:



>>Apparently in the news, Leicestershire spinner Matthew Brimson has been
>>criticised after an apparently exposing himself in a team photograph
>>featured in the new edition of the Wisden Cricket Almanack.

>>See: http://www.cricketunlimited.co.uk/Articles/0,5217,162308,00.html

>Just had a look at my own copy of Wisden and it *does* rather look as if
>that's what he's doing. Just the sort of jolly jape that a cricketer
>*would* try to pull in a team photograph. It shows how little attention
>people generally pay to team photos that it could get all the way to
>appearing in Wisden before anyone noticed.

>>Hmm, I haven't seen the new Wisden, but I better make it quick otherwise
>>the publisher will make a "correction" to that photo...

>I suspect the cost of pulling in all the copies from the shops and
>replacing them would be prohibitive.
>--
>John Hall
>           "It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little useless
>            information."
>                                 Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)


 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Autism » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

>It's what the gentlemen in front of him think about it all amuses me. There
>are quite a few grins around. Actually I think it adds a touch of humour to
>the whole thing. The remaining pages of the book are all well worth the
>money too, an excellent publication all round.
>  No chance of sneaking a look in the bookshop though as  this year the book
>is shrink wrapped with a little freebie paperback of equally excellent
>merit.

There is an enlarged photograph in today's (Friday) Guardian, which
may even be mirrored at the web site. It is not exactly hard-core
though.
 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Jackie Hewit » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> It's what the gentlemen in front of him think about it all amuses me. There
> are quite a few grins around. Actually I think it adds a touch of humour to
> the whole thing. The remaining pages of the book are all well worth the
> money too, an excellent publication all round.
>   No chance of sneaking a look in the bookshop though as  this year the book
> is shrink wrapped with a little freebie paperback of equally excellent
> merit.

> Eddy


Quick someone, what page is it on.....I need warming up this cold
afternoon ;)))))

(Only joking of course)

--
Jackie Hewitt

UKSC's miniature Worcs supporter and Courtney Walsh's "Biggest" fan

Courtney Walsh web site now at
http://sites.netscape.net/jackieahewitt/homepage

 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Ian Eccleshal » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00

He's made the front page of todays (Friday) Independant.


Quote:
> It's what the gentlemen in front of him think about it all amuses me.
There
> are quite a few grins around. Actually I think it adds a touch of humour
to
> the whole thing. The remaining pages of the book are all well worth the
> money too, an excellent publication all round.
>   No chance of sneaking a look in the bookshop though as  this year the
book
> is shrink wrapped with a little freebie paperback of equally excellent
> merit.

> Eddy



> >>Apparently in the news, Leicestershire spinner Matthew Brimson has been
> >>criticised after an apparently exposing himself in a team photograph
> >>featured in the new edition of the Wisden Cricket Almanack.

> >>See: http://www.cricketunlimited.co.uk/Articles/0,5217,162308,00.html

> >Just had a look at my own copy of Wisden and it *does* rather look as if
> >that's what he's doing. Just the sort of jolly jape that a cricketer
> >*would* try to pull in a team photograph. It shows how little attention
> >people generally pay to team photos that it could get all the way to
> >appearing in Wisden before anyone noticed.

> >>Hmm, I haven't seen the new Wisden, but I better make it quick otherwise
> >>the publisher will make a "correction" to that photo...

> >I suspect the cost of pulling in all the copies from the shops and
> >replacing them would be prohibitive.
> >--
> >John Hall
> >           "It is a very sad thing that nowadays there is so little
useless
> >            information."
> >                                 Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Autism » Sat, 15 Apr 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

>He's made the front page of todays (Friday) Independant.

He has also just been offered a teaching job in Devon ; this
will be his last season. This probably isn't the best
way of starting out though.
 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Billy » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:


> > It's what the gentlemen in front of him think about it all amuses me. There
> > are quite a few grins around. Actually I think it adds a touch of humour to
> > the whole thing. The remaining pages of the book are all well worth the
> > money too, an excellent publication all round.
> >   No chance of sneaking a look in the bookshop though as  this year the book
> > is shrink wrapped with a little freebie paperback of equally excellent
> > merit.

> > Eddy

> Quick someone, what page is it on.....I need warming up this cold
> afternoon ;)))))

Better get your magnifying glass out Jackie, apparently they enlarged the picture
to a
maximum and still found it difficult to see what the guy was exposing :-)

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

> (Only joking of course)

> --
> Jackie Hewitt

> UKSC's miniature Worcs supporter and Courtney Walsh's "Biggest" fan

> Courtney Walsh web site now at
> http://sites.netscape.net/jackieahewitt/homepage

 
 
 

Leicestershire spinner exposed himself in Wisden Cricket Almanack...

Post by Jackie Hewit » Tue, 18 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> > Quick someone, what page is it on.....I need warming up this cold
> > afternoon ;)))))

> Better get your magnifying glass out Jackie, apparently they enlarged the picture
> to a
> maximum and still found it difficult to see what the guy was exposing :-)

Well, finally got my Wisden's and had a look- and it is his hand! Holding onto the
fabric of his trousers or something! I am not convinced that it can possibly be
anything else. He is turned slightly sideways for start, so whatever he is holding
isn't centred anyway.

There- simple explanation, but he does have a very cheeky grin on his face!

--
Jackie Hewitt
UKSC's most miniature Worcestershire Supporter, and Biggest Courtney Walsh fan.
Courtney Walsh web site has moved to
http://sites.netscape.net/jackieahewitt/homepage