michael clarke as vice-captain

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by subi.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:44:13


why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
he is captaincy material?
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by prabhu_.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:58:40


Quote:
> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
> he is captaincy material?

Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by will_ » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:29:53


Quote:

>> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
>> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
>> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
>> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
>> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
>> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
>> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
>> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
>> he is captaincy material?

> Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
> sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
> given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
> and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

We wilted so bad we lost the Test series

ROFLMAO

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by dechuck » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:33:02


Quote:

>> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
>> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
>> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
>> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
>> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
>> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
>> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
>> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
>> he is captaincy material?

> Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
> sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
> given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
> and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

great player maybe will be a great Captain. Will be interesting if he can
stand up to the most important thing that any Aussie captain can:- the press
conference with the whinging whining opposition when they try to explain why
they lost to Aus  with every reason apart from " Australia was the superior
team" i.e. the last Test series
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Bobs » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:35:10

Quote:




>>> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
>>> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
>>> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
>>> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
>>> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
>>> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
>>> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
>>> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
>>> he is captaincy material?

>> Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
>> sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
>> given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
>> and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

> We wilted so bad we lost the Test series

> ROFLMAO

No doubt Clarke is a cheating tosser though. He claimed a way more
obvious bump catch against Vetorri too.

http://SportToday.org/

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Calvi » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:36:21


Quote:

> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> harbhajan hearing,

It was more than unproven. The judge called him an unreliable witness.

Quote:
> what has convinced the powers that be that
> he is captaincy material?

The media. Refer QCC FAQ s. 15.2.4

--

cheers,
calvin

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by subi.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:51:30


Quote:



> >> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> >> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> >> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> >> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> >> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
> >> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
> >> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
> >> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
> >> he is captaincy material?

> > Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
> > sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
> > given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
> > and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

> great player maybe will be a great Captain. Will be interesting if he can
> stand up to the most important thing that any Aussie captain can:- the press
> conference with the whinging whining opposition when they try to explain why
> they lost to Aus ?with every reason apart from " Australia was the superior
> team" i.e. the last Test series

has he had any captaining experience: state level, u-19s, aus 'a' or
such? i mean, what gives the powers that be the feeling that he has a
top cricketing brain, or leadership qualities?

as to dechucka's point about

Quote:
>"if he can stand up to the most important thing that any Aussie captain can:- the press
> conference with the whinging whining opposition when they try to explain why
> they lost to Aus  with every reason apart from " Australia was the superior
> team" i.e. the last Test series"

is that what you think was the most important thing ponting had to
face? i thought that was being called a cheat by the opposition, and
to be reviled in the domestic media by cricketing and sporting greats
and the general public.
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Ernest_the_Sh.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 13:59:21


Quote:
> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
> he is captaincy material?

I don't see how that could be a problem. Fact is both Dhoni and
Ganguly have claimed similar catches in the past. Not merely bump ball
catches, but clearly on the bounce catches. No, my mine gripe against
Clarke is that he bats, runs, and throws like a girl. The captain of
the Australian team, if he is a specialist batter, should possess both
the skills and manliness to smack sixes with gay abandon.
Unfortunately Clarke is a fairy in that department.
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by subi.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:19:40


Quote:


> > why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> > like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> > skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> > around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> > harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
> > display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
> > controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
> > picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
> > he is captaincy material?

> I don't see how that could be a problem. Fact is both Dhoni and
> Ganguly have claimed similar catches in the past. Not merely bump ball
> catches, but clearly on the bounce catches. No, my mine gripe against
> Clarke is that he bats, runs, and throws like a girl. The captain of
> the Australian team, if he is a specialist batter, should possess both
> the skills and manliness to smack sixes with gay abandon.
> Unfortunately Clarke is a fairy in that department.

fair enough on your point on bump catch claims, but has clarke given
any evidence of judgement and strategic thinking? as for smacking
sixes with gay abandon, that should place hayden and symonds on the
top of the list, no?
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:28:27



Quote:
> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
> he is captaincy material?
> I don't see how that could be a problem. Fact is both Dhoni and
> Ganguly have claimed similar catches in the past. Not merely bump ball
> catches, but clearly on the bounce catches. No, my mine gripe against
> Clarke is that he bats, runs, and throws like a girl. The captain of
> the Australian team, if he is a specialist batter, should possess both
> the skills and manliness to smack sixes with gay abandon.

A specialist batter should be used for making fish and chips.

<snip>

Andrew

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:32:55


Quote:




>>>> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
>>>> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
>>>> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
>>>> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
>>>> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
>>>> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
>>>> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
>>>> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
>>>> he is captaincy material?

>>> Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
>>> sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
>>> given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
>>> and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

>> We wilted so bad we lost the Test series

>> ROFLMAO

> No doubt Clarke is a cheating tosser though. He claimed a way more obvious
> bump catch against Vetorri too.

> http://SportToday.org/

Batsman was Gareth Hopkins.

Andrew

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Bobs » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 14:54:20

Quote:







>>>>> why are crooked straya grooming this chap to be the future leader? i
>>>>> like him very much as a batsman, but he hasn't really shown leadership
>>>>> skills, has he? on the contrary, the bump catch claim episode,***
>>>>> around after a thick edge to slips, his unproven charges in the
>>>>> harbhajan hearing, and frequent foul-mouthed and boorish behaviour on
>>>>> display would suggest that he is more than likely to court
>>>>> controversy. or, are these precisely the reasons why he has been
>>>>> picked as future captain? what has convinced the powers that be that
>>>>> he is captaincy material?
>>>> Maybe it's because after the Ind-Aus series, every other team is gonna
>>>> sledge and pick on the Aussies, knowing they will wilt and whine if
>>>> given some ugly treatment back? Crookstralia has woken up to this fact
>>>> and are depending on this scurrilous ragamuffin to hold the reins.

>>> We wilted so bad we lost the Test series

>>> ROFLMAO

>> No doubt Clarke is a cheating tosser though. He claimed a way more obvious
>> bump catch against Vetorri too.

>> http://SportToday.org/

> Batsman was Gareth Hopkins.

> Andrew

Wtf? Where did I get Vettori from? Anyway, point still stands. He's a
dishonest ***er. Not someone you want as a captain I would think.
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by subi.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 15:02:25


Quote:
> A specialist batter should be used for making fish and chips.
> Andrew

and tempura.
 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by Gerri » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 17:25:59


has he had any captaining experience: state level, u-19s, aus 'a' or
such? i mean, what gives the powers that be the feeling that he has a
top cricketing brain, or leadership qualities?

Yes he was captain of the Australian u19 teams to tour Sri Lanka and England
when he was younger.
Apparently made a good***of too.

He has since captained Australia this last summer - or are you conveniently
forgetting?

 
 
 

michael clarke as vice-captain

Post by subi.. » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 18:34:50


Quote:
> Yes he was captain of the Australian u19 teams to tour Sri Lanka and England
> when he was younger.
> Apparently made a good***of too.

> He has since captained Australia this last summer - or are you conveniently
> forgetting?

thanks for the reminder. it is just that he has been talked about as
'captain in waiting' for a while and i am not sure i understand why.
this controversial summer has taken some of the sheen off him. is he
to succeed ponting or will there be a regency situation with hussey?
will aus consider make a bowler the captain, say lee, to keep the seat
warm for clarke?