lol@Brettig #619

lol@Brettig #619

Post by alve » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 16:24:00


Leading Poo pusher of CI, Daniel Brettig, wrote thus on the just released
list of 2013/14 CA player contracts.

Dan leads with... "Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird and Moises
Henriques, all potential Ashes tourists, have been omitted from Cricket
Australia's list of centrally contracted players for 2013-14." Notice
anything about those names? (Apart from them all being "potential Ashes
tourists".)

Then we get to The Undeserving... "In their places were the likes of George
Bailey, Clint McKay and Xavier Doherty...".  ("the likes of" lol) Notice
anything about those names?

The contracted list is; George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, Patrick
Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben
Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell,
Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade,
David Warner, Shane Watson.

Blimey there's some VOPs in there.

Strangely Brettig has no comment on Australia's world class comedian Pee
Hughes getting a bucketful of money after his highly popular Indian tour.
Or why Porcelin Pat gets a motza. Is Porcelin *really* worth that much for
one fc game a year? etc etc etc

alvey

 
 
 

lol@Brettig #619

Post by willsutto » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 17:01:25


Quote:
> Leading Poo pusher of CI, Daniel Brettig, wrote thus on the just released
> list of 2013/14 CA player contracts.

> Dan leads with... "Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird and Moises
> Henriques, all potential Ashes tourists, have been omitted from Cricket
> Australia's list of centrally contracted players for 2013-14." Notice
> anything about those names? (Apart from them all being "potential Ashes
> tourists".)

yes... they all toured India so they would be potential Ashes tourist

Quote:

> Then we get to The Undeserving... "In their places were the likes of George
> Bailey, Clint McKay and Xavier Doherty...".  ("the likes of" lol) Notice
> anything about those names?

yes.....  X toured India and failed miserably

yes  ... they are on contract because of ODI's and 20/20, its not a list
of TEST players

Quote:

> The contracted list is; George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, Patrick
> Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben
> Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell,
> Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade,
> David Warner, Shane Watson.

> Blimey there's some VOPs in there.

a couple who will break down after one game if they manage to get
through even that, actually 3 but one has to get to the starting gate first

Quote:

> Strangely Brettig has no comment on Australia's world class comedian Pee
> Hughes getting a bucketful of money after his highly popular Indian tour.
> Or why Porcelin Pat gets a motza. Is Porcelin *really* worth that much for
> one fc game a year? etc etc etc

well its funny but all but one of our batsman failed badly in the Indian
tour yet they are all there EXCEPT for one who succeeded better then them
Quote:
> alvey


 
 
 

lol@Brettig #619

Post by Sir Leslie Bottock » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 05:31:16


Quote:

>> Leading Poo pusher of CI, Daniel Brettig, wrote thus on the just released
>> list of 2013/14 CA player contracts.

>> Dan leads with... "Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird and Moises
>> Henriques, all potential Ashes tourists, have been omitted from Cricket
>> Australia's list of centrally contracted players for 2013-14." Notice
>> anything about those names? (Apart from them all being "potential Ashes
>> tourists".)

> yes... they all toured India so they would be potential Ashes tourist

>> Then we get to The Undeserving... "In their places were the likes of
>> George
>> Bailey, Clint McKay and Xavier Doherty...".  ("the likes of" lol) Notice
>> anything about those names?

> yes.....  X toured India and failed miserably

> yes  ... they are on contract because of ODI's and 20/20, its not a list
> of TEST players

>> The contracted list is; George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, Patrick
>> Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben
>> Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell,
>> Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade,
>> David Warner, Shane Watson.

>> Blimey there's some VOPs in there.

> a couple who will break down after one game if they manage to get through
> even that, actually 3 but one has to get to the starting gate first

>> Strangely Brettig has no comment on Australia's world class comedian Pee
>> Hughes getting a bucketful of money after his highly popular Indian tour.
>> Or why Porcelin Pat gets a motza. Is Porcelin *really* worth that much
>> for
>> one fc game a year? etc etc etc

> well its funny but all but one of our batsman failed badly in the Indian
> tour yet they are all there EXCEPT for one who succeeded better then them

lol. Poor X, Rob's got the hots for him!

 
 
 

lol@Brettig #619

Post by Sir Leslie Bottock » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 05:33:44


Quote:
> Leading Poo pusher of CI, Daniel Brettig, wrote thus on the just released
> list of 2013/14 CA player contracts.

> Dan leads with... "Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird and Moises
> Henriques, all potential Ashes tourists, have been omitted from Cricket
> Australia's list of centrally contracted players for 2013-14." Notice
> anything about those names? (Apart from them all being "potential Ashes
> tourists".)

> Then we get to The Undeserving... "In their places were the likes of
> George
> Bailey, Clint McKay and Xavier Doherty...".  ("the likes of" lol) Notice
> anything about those names?

> The contracted list is; George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, Patrick
> Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben
> Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell,
> Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade,
> David Warner, Shane Watson.

> Blimey there's some VOPs in there.

> Strangely Brettig has no comment on Australia's world class comedian Pee
> Hughes getting a bucketful of money after his highly popular Indian tour.
> Or why Porcelin Pat gets a motza. Is Porcelin *really* worth that much for
> one fc game a year? etc etc etc

little Phil obviously got a contract due to his excellent odi form, same as
for X.
 
 
 

lol@Brettig #619

Post by willsutto » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:20:32


Quote:

>> Leading Poo pusher of CI, Daniel Brettig, wrote thus on the just released

>> list of 2013/14 CA player contracts.

>> Dan leads with... "Steve Smith, Usman Khawaja, Jackson Bird and Moises

>> Henriques, all potential Ashes tourists, have been omitted from Cricket

>> Australia's list of centrally contracted players for 2013-14." Notice

>> anything about those names? (Apart from them all being "potential Ashes

>> tourists".)

>> Then we get to The Undeserving... "In their places were the likes of George

>> Bailey, Clint McKay and Xavier Doherty...".  ("the likes of" lol) Notice

>> anything about those names?

>> The contracted list is; George Bailey, Michael Clarke, Ed Cowan, Patrick

>> Cummins, Xavier Doherty, James Faulkner, Brad Haddin, Ryan Harris, Ben

>> Hilfenhaus, Phillip Hughes, Mitchell Johnson, Nathan Lyon, Glenn Maxwell,

>> Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc, Matthew Wade,

>> David Warner, Shane Watson.

>> Blimey there's some VOPs in there.

>> Strangely Brettig has no comment on Australia's world class comedian Pee

>> Hughes getting a bucketful of money after his highly popular Indian tour.

>> Or why Porcelin Pat gets a motza. Is Porcelin *really* worth that much for

>> one fc game a year? etc etc etc

>> alvey

> Typical... qld wins big bash and plays in final of shield but get only 1 player.... it not who you know..its not your ability... its where you live that gets you into the team... 6 from NSW..5 from VIC...where were they during the state finals.. at home chatting up the selectors no doubt.. tas gets 5 and based on the shield final deserve a high showing

> Give Boof a go

> -MC

NSW players were playing for Australia and I would same for most of the Vics

Its outstanding that with 2 days to go NSW were leading the SS and just
finished missing out on the finals and thats with most of their players
representing Australia  .....how weak are these other States

 
 
 

lol@Brettig #619

Post by patty.. » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 17:26:12

Quote:
>Typical... qld wins big bash and plays in final of shield but get only 1 >player.... it not who you know..its not your ability... its where you live that >gets you into the team... 6 from NSW..5 from VIC...where were they during the >state finals.. at home chatting up the selectors no doubt.. tas gets 5 and based >on the shield final deserve a high showing
>Give Boof a go
>-MC

You missed Qld also won the Ryobi One-Day Cup.