Symonds cheats again ?

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by dechuck » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 10:14:29



Quote:
> Oops Symonds did it yet again. Latif was banned for 3 ODI for doing
> exactly the same thing, let's see what ICC does this time around. They
> will most likely ignore it.

Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a
catch. completely and totally different to the Symonds siutaion

Quote:
> And there's no doubt ball clearly touched the ground after he caught
> the ball.

Nor according to the Umpires
 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by Ali » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 12:37:07


Quote:


> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it. And as per
cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

Quote:
> Nor according to the Umpires

And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And  you can't
blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
help the umpires.

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by dechuck » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 13:45:18


Quote:



>> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

I'm not sure

Quote:
> And as per
> cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
catch that you felt was legal is not

Quote:

>> Nor according to the Umpires

> And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And  you can't
> blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> help the umpires.

I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by gergogr.. » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:50:24


Quote:


> > Oops Symonds did it yet again. Latif was banned for 3 ODI for doing
> > exactly the same thing, let's see what ICC does this time around. They
> > will most likely ignore it.

> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a
> catch. completely and totally different to the Symonds siutaion

> > And there's no doubt ball clearly touched the ground after he caught
> > the ball.

> Nor according to the Umpires

probably you have a bit of comprehension problem mate.

why do you think people complain about the decision? symonds claimed
it and umpires  approved it, but a lot of people think there was
enough doubt.

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by subi.. » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:52:13


Quote:





> >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> I'm not sure

> > And as per
> > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
> catch that you felt was legal is not

> >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And ?you can't
> > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > help the umpires.

> I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

so some aus fans believe it didn't touch the ground, though you,
dechucka have earlier written it did touch the ground but he was in
complete control!!! make up your mind fella.
 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by subi.. » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 15:56:43


Quote:





> >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> I'm not sure

> > And as per
> > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
> catch that you felt was legal is not

> >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And ?you can't
> > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > help the umpires.

> I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

in that case, dechucka, care to explain this statement you made in
another thread?
.
"He didn't pick the ball up from the ground, at worse it touched the
ground
while controlled in his hand."

let the logical/linguistic/semantic gymnastics ensue. or get into anti-
india rants if all else fails.

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by Maie » Sun, 17 Feb 2008 16:03:59



Quote:


> > Oops Symonds did it yet again. Latif was banned for 3 ODI for doing
> > exactly the same thing, let's see what ICC does this time around. They
> > will most likely ignore it.

> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a
> catch. completely and totally different to the Symonds siutaion

> > And there's no doubt ball clearly touched the ground after he caught
> > the ball.

> Nor according to the Umpires

probably you have a bit of comprehension problem mate.

why do you think people complain about the decision? symonds claimed
it and umpires  approved it, but a lot of people think there was
enough doubt.

a lot of people? internet trolls arent people.

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by dechuck » Mon, 18 Feb 2008 14:48:50



Quote:





> >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> I'm not sure

> > And as per
> > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
> catch that you felt was legal is not

> >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And you can't
> > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > help the umpires.

> I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

so some aus fans believe it didn't touch the ground, though you,
dechucka have earlier written it did touch the ground but he was in
complete control!!! make up your mind fella.

you are a MORON I never said that maybe you are in the " he didn't catch it
at all" the " it was a bumped catch" or it is in the "Lasif? knowingly
dropping the ball picking it up and claiming ac catch" category. Simons took
a catch he thought was legit the umpires agreed BABAGOT

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by subi.. » Mon, 18 Feb 2008 15:10:22


Quote:








> > >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> > > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> > I'm not sure

> > > And as per
> > > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> > One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
> > catch that you felt was legal is not

> > >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And you can't
> > > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > > help the umpires.

> > I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

> so some aus fans believe it didn't touch the ground, though you,
> dechucka have earlier written it did touch the ground but he was in
> complete control!!! make up your mind fella.

> you are a MORON I never said that maybe you are in the " he didn't catch it
> at all" the " it was a bumped catch" or it is in the "Lasif? knowingly
> dropping the ball picking it up and claiming ac catch" category. Simons took
> a catch he thought was legit the umpires agreed BABAGOT

strung out on bad acid as usual? i have quoted you, now you say you
never said that, rest is gibberish. wait 24 hours for the comedown,
and then try to make sense.
 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by dechuck » Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:57:55



Quote:








> > >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed
> > >> a

> > > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> > I'm not sure

> > > And as per
> > > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> > One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming
> > a
> > catch that you felt was legal is not

> > >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And you can't
> > > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > > help the umpires.

> > I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

> so some aus fans believe it didn't touch the ground, though you,
> dechucka have earlier written it did touch the ground but he was in
> complete control!!! make up your mind fella.

> you are a MORON I never said that maybe you are in the " he didn't catch
> it
> at all" the " it was a bumped catch" or it is in the "Lasif? knowingly
> dropping the ball picking it up and claiming ac catch" category. Simons
> took
> a catch he thought was legit the umpires agreed BABAGOT

=strung out on bad acid as usual? i have quoted you, now you say you
never said that, rest is gibberish. wait 24 hours for the comedown,
and then try to make sense.

really? put up or shut up

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by dechuck » Mon, 18 Feb 2008 19:59:58



Quote:





> >> Latif was banned because he dropped the ball picked it up and claimed a

> > The ball did touch the ground in this case, didn't it.

> I'm not sure

> > And as per
> > cricket rules it's not out. And claiming a false catch should be
> > punished doesn't matter if it just touched the ground or fell.

> One the ball falling out and picking it up is blatent cheating claiming a
> catch that you felt was legal is not

> >> Nor according to the Umpires

> > And we all know umpires are always correct, right. Come on now. The
> > replays clearly showed the ball touched the ground. And you can't
> > blame the umpires. Until ICC realizes they have to use technology to
> > help the umpires.

> I don't think it clearly shows the ball touching the ground

+in that case, dechucka, care to explain this statement you made in
another thread?
.
"He didn't pick the ball up from the ground, at worse it touched the
ground
while controlled in his hand."

let the logical/linguistic/semantic gymnastics ensue. or get into anti-
india rants if all else fails.

is this your claim  for justifying where I said it hit the ground. Try again

 
 
 

Symonds cheats again ?

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:20:20


Quote:


>> The patriotic paper 'Sydney Morning Herald' devotes all of one word to
>> the matter : 'controversial' with no elaboration.

>> "The rest of the order collapsed around a resolute Sangakkara (80),
>> with Chamara Silva removed for a duck by a controversial Andrew
>> Symonds catch off Bracken's bowling."

> The Age has the same report by the same guy but with the extra couple
> of lines:

> "Symonds moved brilliantly to take the ball one-handed centimetres off
> the ground, but it was inconclusive as to whether he had full control
> before planting the ball on the ground as he fell. Umpire Daryl Harper
> gave Silva his marching orders without referring the catch to the
> video official, with replays suggesting the batsman may have been
> spared."

The notion that Symonds had complete control over his movements before his
hand and/or the ball hit the ground is ridiculous.

<snip>

Andrew