Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Anonymou » Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:11:50


Having scored three centuries in the U-19 World Cup he is clearly the
batsmen of the tournament .  Wonder if he can find a place in the Delhi team
with Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag already there.
 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Ananda Wijepal » Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:14:11


Quote:
> Having scored three centuries in the U-19 World Cup he is clearly the
> batsmen of the tournament .  Wonder if he can find a place in the Delhi
team
> with Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag already there.

Yes. He has performed really well in U19 WC up to now.

before today's match
5    5   1   351  155*  87.75  90.69

Looks like a good prospect.

Ananda

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Shariq A. Tar » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:03:25

Quote:

> Having scored three centuries in the U-19 World Cup he is clearly the
> batsmen of the tournament .  Wonder if he can find a place in the Delhi team
> with Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag already there.

Shikhar Dhawan has been outstanding in this tournament.He could very
well be the left handed opener that India has not had in years. IMO
left handed openers really play havoc with the line of new ball
bowlers in test matches because the bowlers' stock delivery comes into
the batsmen which is easier to play than a delivery that leaves the
bat. Also as a result of slanting the ball across the batsman the
delivery that is less than spot on can be easily left. Just out of
curiosity is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?

Both India and Pakistan Under 19 Sides seem to have some fantastic
talent. I can't wait to watch the semis and final over the next week.
Hopefully India and Pakistan will figure in all three!

Shariq

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by DiiVolu » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:17:17

Quote:

> Having scored three centuries in the U-19 World Cup he is clearly the
> batsmen of the tournament .  Wonder if he can find a place in the Delhi team
> with Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag already there.

You are forgetting Manhas and Bhatia too...But now days We are sending
quite a few guys for national sides so there might be place for Him
and Dhiman too maybe...

Dhawan still has to preform at first class level...his scores at
sonnet are good and Akash chopra backs him...so Dhawan may have
chance...

On other hand, Dhiman has tougher nut to crack...kuldeep rawat, even
likes of Negi, amit suman (back and forth from haryana) , suman 's
u-19 partner rakesh raman, kunal lal, Gill et all are ahead in bowling
stakes...not to mention Bhandari and Nehra...

But looks like Dhawan will definately play Ranji next year...if not
us...Railways or Haryana...punjab may not pick him because they
already have Ricky, Sharma and Yuvaraj as opner now....UP has a
talented bunch they are looking to try out...dont expect Dhawan in
national side too soon...he still has to deliver at first
class....unlike Parthiv...the three openers in line for national
contention are Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag and if we believe Ganguly,
Yuvaraj..Dhawan is in a crowded field from a crowded zone....

if rumours are correct, rayudu might open for hyderabad in ranji
semifinal....
creating more options...

as for those who like such things...a new cricketing nation took their
first tour...Bhutan U-19 is touring India and Malasiya for 10 match
tour...They played Croft Club at Delhi yesterday...

regards
Pranshu B Saxena

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by CiL » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 02:23:00


Quote:

>Shikhar Dhawan has been outstanding in this tournament.He could very
>well be the left handed opener that India has not had in years.

U r the hype guru and esp when u hear a new name from India, arent
u?!!

Let him go and play some Ranji cricket and we shall see, we have
Gautam Gambhir before him in queue, infact black ticket lekar  chopra
andar chala gaya..! and there is S Ramesh alongside Gambhir, both left
handed opening bats.

Quote:
>IMO
>left handed openers really play havoc with the line of new ball
>bowlers in test matches because the bowlers' stock delivery comes into
>the batsmen which is easier to play than a delivery that leaves the
>bat. Also as a result of slanting the ball across the batsman the
>delivery that is less than spot on can be easily left.
> Just out of
>curiosity is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?

Pranshu behari and his other friends will come and answer that soon

meanwhile u should take a aloo samosa and eat...!

CiL

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Anonymou » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:36:17

Quote:
> You are forgetting Manhas and Bhatia too

But they are not openers, are they?

Quote:
> Dhawan still has to preform at first class level

Yeah, U19 is not the same thing.

Quote:
> class....unlike Parthiv...the three openers in line for national
> contention are Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag and if we believe Ganguly,
> Yuvaraj..Dhawan is in a crowded field from a crowded zone....

Yuvraj still needs to prove himself as an opener but the other three are
definitely ahead of Dhawan.
 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Numero Un » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 03:40:47


Quote:
> > You are forgetting Manhas and Bhatia too

Rajat Bhatia is an opener.
Quote:

> But they are not openers, are they?

> > Dhawan still has to preform at first class level

> Yeah, U19 is not the same thing.

> > class....unlike Parthiv...the three openers in line for national
> > contention are Chopra, Gambhir and Sehwag and if we believe Ganguly,
> > Yuvaraj..Dhawan is in a crowded field from a crowded zone....

> Yuvraj still needs to prove himself as an opener but the other three are
> definitely ahead of Dhawan.

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Amit Malhotr » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:25:44


Quote:

>delivery that is less than spot on can be easily left. Just out of
>curiosity is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?
>Shariq

Dhawan is a punjabi name.  But Not Jatt (which are mostly sikhs) name.
It's a Hindu name, more specifically, Hindu Punjabi Khatri.

Amit Malhotra

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Vinay Deolalik » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:35:03

Shariq asked "Is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?"

Dhawan is a Punjabi khatri name. Not a Jat name - Sehwag is a typical
Jat name. Dahiya is another typical Jat name. Names like Arora,
Malhotra, Khanna, Kapoor etc. are Punjabi names.

Vinay

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Anonymou » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:48:19

Do you mean Jat as in Haryanvi Ja(a)t?

--


Quote:
> Shariq asked "Is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?"

> Dhawan is a Punjabi khatri name. Not a Jat name - Sehwag is a typical
> Jat name. Dahiya is another typical Jat name. Names like Arora,
> Malhotra, Khanna, Kapoor etc. are Punjabi names.

> Vinay

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Anonymou » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:50:21

Quote:
> > Just out of
> >curiosity is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?

> Pranshu behari and his other friends will come and answer that soon

Is Saxena Bihari?  He talks a bit like a Punjabi. :)
 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Amit Malhotr » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:53:03


Quote:

>Shariq asked "Is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?"

>Dhawan is a Punjabi khatri name. Not a Jat name - Sehwag is a typical
>Jat name. Dahiya is another typical Jat name. Names like Arora,
>Malhotra, Khanna, Kapoor etc. are Punjabi names.

>Vinay

to add to that.. except for Arora, Malhotra, Khanna and Kapoor are all
Punjabi Khatri names (in the same cateogry! as Dhawan).

Amit Malhotra (of course a hindu punjabi khatri)

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Amit Malhotr » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:53:34

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:48:19 GMT, "Anonymous"

Quote:

>Do you mean Jat as in Haryanvi Ja(a)t?

I think that's what Sehwag would be, I don't think Shewag is a punjabi
"jatt" name, but a Haryanvi jaat name.

Amit

 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Anonymou » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:54:36

Quote:
> Dhawan is a punjabi name.
> Amit Malhotra

And so is Malhotra, if I am not mistaken. :)
 
 
 

Dhawan scores third century of the tournament

Post by Amit Malhotr » Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:54:44

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 19:50:21 GMT, "Anonymous"

Quote:

>> > Just out of
>> >curiosity is Dhawan a Punjabi/Jat name?

>> Pranshu behari and his other friends will come and answer that soon

>Is Saxena Bihari?  He talks a bit like a Punjabi. :)

I got mixed answers on it ... some might say its a UP name...  some
might say punjabi..