Slater Again

Slater Again

Post by alve » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 17:57:14


Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

Well bowled spearhead!

alvey

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Jamm » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 19:35:59


Quote:
> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

> Well bowled spearhead!

The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by alve » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:31:30

Quote:



>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>> Well bowled spearhead!

> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
spearhead.

alvey
in briz, now knowing what the NSV will be writing tomorrow; "Clarke
brilliance saves Australia"

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Jamm » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 21:37:25


Quote:



>>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>> Well bowled spearhead!

>> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
>> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

> He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
> bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
> spearhead.

You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
boots in. Touch
 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Bounty Bo » Thu, 08 Dec 2005 22:21:16

Quote:






>>>>Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.
>>>>Well bowled spearhead!
>>>The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
>>>ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.
>>He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
>>spearhead.
> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
> boots in. Touch

   He doesn't have to, the blue media mafia will be talking about them
for the next 4 years Lee does nothing.
 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by alve » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 04:35:42

Quote:






>>>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>> Well bowled spearhead!

>>> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
>>> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>> He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>> bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
>> spearhead.

> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
> boots in. Touch

You're new here. I've answered this genre question many times before so
this response is quick'n'dirty. I don't ofetn praise NSV players because
there's a couple of media empires that already do so, and do it at enormous
volume. As a specific example let's look at the topical Bung. He's bowled
un***ered ***in Tests in the last 4 years but there was nary a bad word
against him, history even being re-written on ocassion. eg "He bowled
better than his figures indicated in the Ashes...". He then has one or two
good results, as opposed to good bowling you'll note, and we are absolutely
bombarded with 'Bung Is A Living God' pieces. Meanwhile, Other player's
good efforts are ignored and/or one or two bad results are blasted at us at
even louder volume. Example; I'll bet everyone still recalls the howls &
calls for *** after Kaspa's one over in the pre-Ashes odo that went for
17(?). Let's see how much stick Bung cops after what would have to be one
of the worst odo spells in Oz history. (Certainly on air M Slater (NSW) was
saying before the game was over that Bung was a bit unlucky). The irony of
Lee's amazingly bad performance is how richly deserved it was for his
clapdogs. The weight of fluff & guff fired off by the NSV media after his
3-6 last Saturday was enough to sink both NZ islands, that it all went so
very, very bad was just and hilarious. A treasured moment.

alvey

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Jamm » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:21:26


Quote:






>>>>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>>> Well bowled spearhead!

>>>> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean
>>>> the
>>>> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>>> He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>> bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well
>>> bowled
>>> spearhead.

>> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
>> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
>> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
>> boots in. Touch

> You're new here. I've answered this genre question many times before so
> this response is quick'n'dirty. I don't ofetn praise NSV players because
> there's a couple of media empires that already do so, and do it at
> enormous
> volume. As a specific example let's look at the topical Bung. He's bowled
> un***ered ***in Tests in the last 4 years but there was nary a bad
> word
> against him, history even being re-written on ocassion. eg "He bowled
> better than his figures indicated in the Ashes...". He then has one or two
> good results, as opposed to good bowling you'll note, and we are
> absolutely
> bombarded with 'Bung Is A Living God' pieces. Meanwhile, Other player's
> good efforts are ignored and/or one or two bad results are blasted at us
> at
> even louder volume. Example; I'll bet everyone still recalls the howls &
> calls for *** after Kaspa's one over in the pre-Ashes odo that went for
> 17(?). Let's see how much stick Bung cops after what would have to be one
> of the worst odo spells in Oz history. (Certainly on air M Slater (NSW)
> was
> saying before the game was over that Bung was a bit unlucky). The irony of
> Lee's amazingly bad performance is how richly deserved it was for his
> clapdogs. The weight of fluff & guff fired off by the NSV media after his
> 3-6 last Saturday was enough to sink both NZ islands, that it all went so
> very, very bad was just and hilarious. A treasured moment.

yeah I can understand that being annoying. But do you think its fair to hump
so much shit on him, its not his fault. If a few people started singing your
praises would it be ok for me to then start abusing your every move with the
excuse of them praising you being unfair.

Some sections of the media may be pushing their own better than other
sections of the media, that isn't the players fault.

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Colin Kynoc » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:28:25

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 05:35:42 +1000, alvey

that the following would improve the lives of those that read it:

Quote:






>>>>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>>> Well bowled spearhead!

>>>> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean the
>>>> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>>> He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>> bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
>>> spearhead.

>> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
>> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
>> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
>> boots in. Touch

>You're new here. I've answered this genre question many times before so
>this response is quick'n'dirty. I don't ofetn praise NSV players because
>there's a couple of media empires that already do so, and do it at enormous
>volume. As a specific example let's look at the topical Bung. He's bowled
>un***ered ***in Tests in the last 4 years but there was nary a bad word
>against him, history even being re-written on ocassion. eg "He bowled
>better than his figures indicated in the Ashes...". He then has one or two
>good results, as opposed to good bowling you'll note, and we are absolutely
>bombarded with 'Bung Is A Living God' pieces. Meanwhile, Other player's
>good efforts are ignored and/or one or two bad results are blasted at us at
>even louder volume. Example; I'll bet everyone still recalls the howls &
>calls for *** after Kaspa's one over in the pre-Ashes odo that went for
>17(?). Let's see how much stick Bung cops after what would have to be one
>of the worst odo spells in Oz history. (Certainly on air M Slater (NSW) was
>saying before the game was over that Bung was a bit unlucky). The irony of
>Lee's amazingly bad performance is how richly deserved it was for his
>clapdogs. The weight of fluff & guff fired off by the NSV media after his
>3-6 last Saturday was enough to sink both NZ islands, that it all went so
>very, very bad was just and hilarious. A treasured moment.

I am sure you will also treasure the fact he is on his way home for
health reasons.

Colin Kynoch

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by dechuck » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 07:41:22


Quote:






>>>>>Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>>deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>>>Well bowled spearhead!

>>>>The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean
>>>>the
>>>>ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>>wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>>>He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>>bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
>>>spearhead.

>> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
>> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
>> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
>> boots in. Touch

>   He doesn't have to, the blue media mafia will be talking about them
> for the next 4 years Lee does nothing.

the blue mafia is that the nsv minus the v
 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by alve » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:03:32

Quote:









>>>>>> Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>>> deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>>>> Well bowled spearhead!

>>>>> The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean
>>>>> the
>>>>> ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>>> wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>>>> He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>>> bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well
>>>> bowled
>>>> spearhead.

>>> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
>>> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
>>> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
>>> boots in. Touch

>> You're new here. I've answered this genre question many times before so
>> this response is quick'n'dirty. I don't ofetn praise NSV players because
>> there's a couple of media empires that already do so, and do it at
>> enormous
>> volume. As a specific example let's look at the topical Bung. He's bowled
>> un***ered ***in Tests in the last 4 years but there was nary a bad
>> word
>> against him, history even being re-written on ocassion. eg "He bowled
>> better than his figures indicated in the Ashes...". He then has one or two
>> good results, as opposed to good bowling you'll note, and we are
>> absolutely
>> bombarded with 'Bung Is A Living God' pieces. Meanwhile, Other player's
>> good efforts are ignored and/or one or two bad results are blasted at us
>> at
>> even louder volume. Example; I'll bet everyone still recalls the howls &
>> calls for *** after Kaspa's one over in the pre-Ashes odo that went for
>> 17(?). Let's see how much stick Bung cops after what would have to be one
>> of the worst odo spells in Oz history. (Certainly on air M Slater (NSW)
>> was
>> saying before the game was over that Bung was a bit unlucky). The irony of
>> Lee's amazingly bad performance is how richly deserved it was for his
>> clapdogs. The weight of fluff & guff fired off by the NSV media after his
>> 3-6 last Saturday was enough to sink both NZ islands, that it all went so
>> very, very bad was just and hilarious. A treasured moment.

> yeah I can understand that being annoying. But do you think its fair to hump
> so much shit on him,

Actually if you reread my response you'll note that the shit was
exclusively directed at the NSV media clapdogs and not at the over-rated
"blonde speedster" himself. Unless that is you think that such descriptives
as "amazingly bad performance" is unjustified. Also, "so much" is
subjective. While two wrongs don't make a right, the staggering volume of
bias we get is such that some response ie "balance" is ***y demanded. If
you can you recall the intense & furious campaign to remove Hayden (let
alone Gregan & Jones in RU) and compare this to the treatment that NSV
Golden Children like Bung or BB have received, then you might understand
why some people believe that our "national" media is as balanced and
objective as the Sydney Morning-Herald and that they, and their Chosen
Ones, get the serves which you believe are unfair "humping". And btw, if
you actually meant "hump" rather than "dump" then that's just not going to
happen.
fx: [Chorus] Not that there's anything wrong with that.

alvey

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by alve » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:32:02

snip

Quote:

> I am sure you will also treasure the fact he is on his way home for
> health reasons.

See the excuses rollout.

btw Colin, in a normal game, doesn't Lewis usually bowl outties?

alvey

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Colin Kynoc » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:35:23

On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 09:41:22 +1100, "dechucka"

decided that the following would improve the lives of those that read
it:

Quote:









>>>>>>Says that he knows Brett Lee very well and that that beamer was not
>>>>>>deliberate. Same thing he said last time in fact.

>>>>>>Well bowled spearhead!

>>>>>The ball was clearly very greasy, the umpire was even trying to clean
>>>>>the
>>>>>ball the very delivery he bowled the beamer. I also highly doubt he was
>>>>>wanting to give away runs and another ball at that point in the game.

>>>>He's got form. And if he had a quarter of a brain then he wouldn't have
>>>>bowled the noball bouncer next ball. Six runs off zero balls. Well bowled
>>>>spearhead.

>>> You must have desperately been waiting for that over or 10 overs if you
>>> like. You say nothing of his exceptional bowling in the first game, his
>>> great series against WI, but the second he is not on song you dig those
>>> boots in. Touch

>>   He doesn't have to, the blue media mafia will be talking about them
>> for the next 4 years Lee does nothing.

>the blue mafia is that the nsv minus the v

And the S

Colin Kynoch

- Show quoted text -

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Colin Kynoc » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:42:26


thought and consideration decided that the following would improve the
lives of those that read it:

Quote:

>snip

>> I am sure you will also treasure the fact he is on his way home for
>> health reasons.

>See the excuses rollout.

I'll take that as a yes then shall I?

Quote:
>btw Colin, in a normal game, doesn't Lewis usually bowl outties?

He preferred to run outtie last night.

Pretty good debut.

Colin Kynoch

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by alve » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 08:56:47

Quote:


> thought and consideration decided that the following would improve the
> lives of those that read it:


>>snip

>>> I am sure you will also treasure the fact he is on his way home for
>>> health reasons.

>>See the excuses rollout.

> I'll take that as a yes then shall I?

Yes, that is definately an excuse.

Quote:

>>btw Colin, in a normal game, doesn't Lewis usually bowl outties?

> He preferred to run outtie last night.

> Pretty good debut.

Coolish under pressure certainly, but I'll reserve judgement on his
boweling for a while yet. One thought though. Perhaps he needs to develop a
decent beamer before he can Make The Step Up....

Oh, and so you don't know what his stock ball is I take it?

alvey

 
 
 

Slater Again

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Fri, 09 Dec 2005 09:24:56


Quote:


> > thought and consideration decided that the following would improve the
> > lives of those that read it:


> >>snip

> >>> I am sure you will also treasure the fact he is on his way home for
> >>> health reasons.

> >>See the excuses rollout.

> > I'll take that as a yes then shall I?

> Yes, that is definately an excuse.

> >>btw Colin, in a normal game, doesn't Lewis usually bowl outties?

> > He preferred to run outtie last night.

> > Pretty good debut.

> Coolish under pressure certainly, but I'll reserve judgement on his
> boweling for a while yet. One thought though. Perhaps he needs to develop
a
> decent beamer before he can Make The Step Up....

Lewis's bowling action reminded me of Paul Hitchcock, which is not the
greatest compliment I can bestow.

Quote:
> Oh, and so you don't know what his stock ball is I take it?

I suspect dechucka should answer that.

Andrew