Mark Ramprakash to replace Hick

Mark Ramprakash to replace Hick

Post by Ram Krishn » Sun, 29 Jan 1995 17:19:53


: Mark Ramprakash, presently vice captain of England A in India, will fly to
: Australia as a replacement for injured Hick.[What's the record for number
: of replacements flown in?]

Well, they weren't flown in, but I think that England used about 29
players in the series against Armstrong's Australians in 1921.  Three (?)
captains were employed in that series.  

Here's hoping that no one else gets hurt.

: Aussies to tour India in 1996.

Hmmm... Looks like the heated debate about Warne and the Indian mastery
of spin will not go on forever.  Modified rapture!

-------
Ram

 
 
 

Mark Ramprakash to replace Hick

Post by John Ha » Tue, 31 Jan 1995 04:54:57



Quote:

> : Mark Ramprakash, presently vice captain of England A in India, will fly to
> : Australia as a replacement for injured Hick.[What's the record for number
> : of replacements flown in?]

> Well, they weren't flown in, but I think that England used about 29
> players in the series against Armstrong's Australians in 1921.  Three (?)
> captains were employed in that series.  

Obviously a home series is rather different from a touring side.
However, ISTR that the 1921 record was surpassed in 1984 against WI,
when England used something like 33 players and 4 captains.
--


  Cranleigh,                          | why do we have Usenet?
  Surrey, England

 
 
 

Mark Ramprakash to replace Hick

Post by Ranbhise, Dinesh » Tue, 31 Jan 1995 00:15:00

Quote:




>> : Mark Ramprakash, presently vice captain of England A in India, will fly to
>> : Australia as a replacement for injured Hick.[What's the record for number
>> : of replacements flown in?]

>> Well, they weren't flown in, but I think that England used about 29
>> players in the series against Armstrong's Australians in 1921.  Three (?)
>> captains were employed in that series.  

>Obviously a home series is rather different from a touring side.
>However, ISTR that the 1921 record was surpassed in 1984 against WI,

                                                     ^^^^
                I think it was 1988

- Show quoted text -

Quote:
>when England used something like 33 players and 4 captains.
>--


>  Cranleigh,                          | why do we have Usenet?
>  Surrey, England


 
 
 

Mark Ramprakash to replace Hick

Post by Joshua Saunde » Wed, 01 Feb 1995 00:47:32

: Mark Ramprakash, presently vice captain of England A in India, will fly to
: Australia as a replacement for injured Hick.[What's the record for number
: of replacements flown in?]

Oh yes, and who will he replace? Not Thorpe or Crawley. Not Gatting - who
just got a ton. Lewis had 4 wickets for not much, which means that
another bowler would have to go. In Perth, it could well be Tufnell...

Josh