more Graeme Hick

more Graeme Hick

Post by Robbert ter Har » Thu, 20 May 2004 19:26:48


Hick has just passed 200 v Gloucs. How many double centuries does he have in
First Class cricket, and where does he stand on an all-time list?

RtH

 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Thu, 20 May 2004 20:15:07



Quote:
> Hick has just passed 200 v Gloucs. How many double centuries does he have
in
> First Class cricket, and where does he stand on an all-time list?

Hick now has 16 f-c double hundreds (14 for Worcs, 1 for Northern Districts,
1 for the 1985 Zimbabweans in England).

Here is the list for those with 12+ (you are warned it may be incomplete):

37 DG Bradman
36 WR Hammond
22 EH Hendren
17 H Sutcliffe
16 JB Hobbs
16 CB Fry
16 GA Hick
14 KS Ranjitsinhji
14 CG Greenidge
13 WG Grace
13 JT Tyldesley
13 CP Mead
13 WH Ponsford
13 GA Gooch
12 P Holmes
12 RB Simpson
12 Javed Miandad

Lara has 11; Mark Ramprakash has 9.

Andrew

 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by PW » Fri, 21 May 2004 06:58:23

Quote:

> 37 DG Bradman
> 36 WR Hammond
> 22 EH Hendren
> 17 H Sutcliffe
> 16 JB Hobbs
> 16 CB Fry
> 16 GA Hick
> 14 KS Ranjitsinhji
> 14 CG Greenidge
> 13 WG Grace
> 13 JT Tyldesley
> 13 CP Mead
> 13 WH Ponsford
> 13 GA Gooch
> 12 P Holmes
> 12 RB Simpson
> 12 Javed Miandad

> Lara has 11; Mark Ramprakash has 9.

Wheres Tendulkar on the list?

 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by Mike Holman » Fri, 21 May 2004 07:07:28


the keyboard and brought forth:

Quote:

>> 37 DG Bradman
>> 36 WR Hammond
>> 22 EH Hendren
>> 17 H Sutcliffe
>> 16 JB Hobbs
>> 16 CB Fry
>> 16 GA Hick
>> 14 KS Ranjitsinhji
>> 14 CG Greenidge
>> 13 WG Grace
>> 13 JT Tyldesley
>> 13 CP Mead
>> 13 WH Ponsford
>> 13 GA Gooch
>> 12 P Holmes
>> 12 RB Simpson
>> 12 Javed Miandad

>> Lara has 11; Mark Ramprakash has 9.

>Wheres Tendulkar on the list?

Quite some way down, since has a mere 5 double centuries to his credit
in f-c cricket.

Cheers,

Mike

 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Fri, 21 May 2004 08:12:26


Quote:

> > 37 DG Bradman
> > 36 WR Hammond
> > 22 EH Hendren
> > 17 H Sutcliffe
> > 16 JB Hobbs
> > 16 CB Fry
> > 16 GA Hick
> > 14 KS Ranjitsinhji
> > 14 CG Greenidge
> > 13 WG Grace
> > 13 JT Tyldesley
> > 13 CP Mead
> > 13 WH Ponsford
> > 13 GA Gooch
> > 12 P Holmes
> > 12 RB Simpson
> > 12 Javed Miandad

> > Lara has 11; Mark Ramprakash has 9.

> Wheres Tendulkar on the list?

He isn't.  Which means I have broken rsc rule #3924, that Tendulkar must
appear in every list.

To give you a flavour of where Tendulkar sits, here are some edited
highlights of those adjacent to him in the list:

6 WV Raman
6 VVS Laxman
6 AO Malhotra
6 R Lamba
5 DB Vengsarkar
5 S Tendulkar
5 J Arun Lal
4 GR Viswanath
4 PK Amre
4 AD Gaekwad
4 AA Muzumdar
4 AV Kale

and some random findings:

3 JM Brearley
2 SC Ganguly
1 Yuvraj Singh
0 GE Bradburn
0 M Kaif

Andrew

 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by Rats » Fri, 21 May 2004 09:37:10


Quote:
> 6 WV Raman
> 6 VVS Laxman
> 6 AO Malhotra
> 6 R Lamba
> 5 DB Vengsarkar
> 5 S Tendulkar
> 5 J Arun Lal
> 4 GR Viswanath
> 4 PK Amre
> 4 AD Gaekwad
> 4 AA Muzumdar
> 4 AV Kale

> and some random findings:

> 3 JM Brearley
> 2 SC Ganguly
> 1 Yuvraj Singh
> 0 GE Bradburn
> 0 M Kaif

Hey Dungford (TM), what about Marvellous Marvin? He's scored quite a few
doubles.
 
 
 

more Graeme Hick

Post by Mad Hamis » Fri, 21 May 2004 20:18:42

On Thu, 20 May 2004 11:12:26 +1200, "Andrew Dunford"

Quote:

>and some random findings:

>0 GE Bradburn

I refuse to believe it.
--
"Hope is replaced by fear and dreams by survival, most of us get by."
Stuart Adamson 1958-2001

Mad Hamish
Hamish Laws