Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Post by Sanjay K. Agraw » Fri, 12 Dec 1997 04:00:00


What I would like to see anyway!

(1) Kumble out; he will be clobbered by the Pakistanis; wish we had a
good slow bowler instead as the pitch supposedly suits slower bowlers
more; but since we don't, I would replace him with Kambli.

(2) Sidhu out; replace with Dravid, who could also open.

(3) Make more use of bowling talents of Ganguly/Jadeja for the match
against Pakistan.

 
 
 

Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Post by siva chockaling » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

I would like to see the samething .

Ajay will be in definetly, Pakistanis never forget his batting in the
world cup.

Siva


Quote:
> What I would like to see anyway!
> (1) Kumble out; he will be clobbered by the Pakistanis; wish we had a
> good slow bowler instead as the pitch supposedly suits slower bowlers
> more; but since we don't, I would replace him with Kambli.
> (2) Sidhu out; replace with Dravid, who could also open.
> (3) Make more use of bowling talents of Ganguly/Jadeja for the match
> against Pakistan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Siva Chockalingam    " I CHECK MY MAIL-BOX 10 TIMES A DAY "
4th year Electronics Engineering
Carleton University.
Ottawa, Ontario.
Canada.





 
 
 

Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Post by H Bhattachary » Sat, 13 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

> What I would like to see anyway!

> (1) Kumble out; he will be clobbered by the Pakistanis; wish we had a
> good slow bowler instead as the pitch supposedly suits slower bowlers
> more; but since we don't, I would replace him with Kambli.

Agreed. India-Pak will be a high scoring affair, and we'll need an
additional bat.  Kumble isn't going to fair too well in this one, might
as well replace him.

(2) Sidhu out; replace with Dravid, who could also open.

Definately yes.  And Dravid should open

Quote:

> (3) Make more use of bowling talents of Ganguly/Jadeja for the match
> against Pakistan.

That seems like the only option is Kumble is dropped.  SRT can be tried
with the ball as well, if Jadeja and Ganguly don't do too well.  But god
only help us in that case.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
H Bhattacharya

 
 
 

Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Post by Abindi » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I would rather go with Kambli.  He is a left hander, showed some promise
recently, may be in place of a bowler (that can be risky)
After seeing the WI beat Pak with their spinners (Lewis and Simmons (a spinner
?) Kumble and Chauhan need to play.  That means removing Kuruvilla and asking
R.Singh to bowl.  Then Ganguly, SRT, Ajay would have to bowl the 10 overs and
possibly more.  It may be worth a try.  We have a long tail.  Chauhan and
Kumble are not real allrounders.  In one day we need depth in batting and not
bowling  (preferable both ofcourse).  

I still would choose Sidhu over Dravid.  Dravid is a classy bat.  But in the
chances given to him, he made the matches look close, but he didn't really win
matches.  I would also ask Sidhu to bat with Gangu.   I don't know how good a
wicket keeper Dravid is, may be ask him to keep wickets.  I feel we should have
batting depth.  If we had batting depth we might have won against Eng

Arun

Quote:
><HTML><PRE><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff">Subject: Re: Indian team changes against
>Pakistan (Sharjah)

>Date: Fri, Dec 12, 1997 15:16 EST

>I would like to see the samething .

>Ajay will be in definetly, Pakistanis never forget his batting in the
>world cup.

>Siva


>> What I would like to see anyway!

>> (1) Kumble out; he will be clobbered by the Pakistanis; wish we had a
>> good slow bowler instead as the pitch supposedly suits slower bowlers
>> more; but since we don't, I would replace him with Kambli.

>> (2) Sidhu out; replace with Dravid, who could also open.

>> (3) Make more use of bowling talents of Ganguly/Jadeja for the match
>> against Pakistan.

>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>Siva Chockalingam    " I CHECK MY MAIL-BOX 10 TIMES A DAY "
>4th year Electronics Engineering
>Carleton University.
>Ottawa, Ontario.
>Canada.




></PRE></HTML>

 
 
 

Indian team changes against Pakistan (Sharjah)

Post by j sreedh » Sun, 14 Dec 1997 04:00:00

Quote:

>Hi,
>I would rather go with Kambli.  He is a left hander, showed some promise
>recently, may be in place of a bowler (that can be risky)
>After seeing the WI beat Pak with their spinners (Lewis and Simmons (a spinner
>?) Kumble and Chauhan need to play.  That means removing Kuruvilla and asking
>R.Singh to bowl.  Then Ganguly, SRT, Ajay would have to bowl the 10 overs and
>possibly more.  It may be worth a try.  We have a long tail.  Chauhan and
>Kumble are not real allrounders.  In one day we need depth in batting and not
>bowling  (preferable both ofcourse).  
>I still would choose Sidhu over Dravid.  Dravid is a classy bat.  But in the
>chances given to him, he made the matches look close, but he didn't really win
>matches.  I would also ask Sidhu to bat with Gangu.   I don't know how good a
>wicket keeper Dravid is, may be ask him to keep wickets.  I feel we should have
>batting depth.  If we had batting depth we might have won against Eng

I wish Dravid were more of a wicket-keeper. :-( But he has only
kept in an exhibition match, as a "one time" thing.

If Jadeja is not going to bowl, then we must consider him as a
specialist batsman. And, by most yardsticks, Kambli, Sidhu and
Dravid are better than him at that...The last 2 are quite brilliant
fielders, too.

Also, just as the batsmen (Jadeja, Ganguly, SRT) must bowl more, the
bowlers (Kumble, Srinath, Chauhan) should contribute more with the bat.
Currently, it seems the bowlers don't get to bat much at nets.

Sreedhar