I was reading on teletext that SA's batsman (Krestin) has
broken Brain Lara's record of scoring 1349 runs in ODI
in ONE year (1993).
That brings me to think that since Brain Lara brike two
world records in 1993, (scoring 375 in a test match,
and the scoring 501 in a first calss match), many world
records are created since then.
In every tournament few new records are being made:
- fastest 50, and 100 by Sri Lankan ( fastest 100 again
broken, by a Pakistani)
- Highest ODI total (in Singapore), and then again
broken in Kenty recently.
- Youngst ODI century maker. (Afridi)
- Highest no. if Sixes (11 by two batsmen now!)
- Waseem's 257* (No. 8 batsman) with higest no. of
- Highest 8th. wicket partnership.
- Sri Lanka winning (I think 13) consective ODI matches.
- Pakistan winning a 3-match test series after going
down 1-0, twice in a year!! (or some thing like that!!)
And many more records which I do not remember from top of
Thus I am very safe to say that another record MUST have been
established as under:
"Highest no. of records established in the year 1996".
[Nothing depreciates a car faster than having a neighbour buy a new car]
PS:One of my friend commented about above saying that it can also be true
for WIFE too!!