Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by shariq_ta.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 02:16:57


I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
though that the keeper had disloged the bails

Shariq

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Paul Robso » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:20:41

Quote:

> I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> though that the keeper had disloged the bails

Ricky Ponting having a cry after he'd been run out by Gary Pratt ?

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Phil » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:24:03

Has to be Flintoff's "Watch the windows Tino".  After Tino holed out
Flintoff was laughing hysterically, the film clip of it is hilarious,
the guys in the studio were falling about laughing afterwards.

Phil.

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by John Hal » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:49:03


Quote:

>Has to be Flintoff's "Watch the windows Tino".  After Tino holed out
>Flintoff was laughing hysterically, the film clip of it is hilarious,
>the guys in the studio were falling about laughing afterwards.

Yep, it was a great moment. But it was in 2004.
--
John Hall

     "I am not young enough to know everything."
                                                 Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Phil » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 03:56:16

Quote:



> >Has to be Flintoff's "Watch the windows Tino".  After Tino holed out
> >Flintoff was laughing hysterically, the film clip of it is hilarious,
> >the guys in the studio were falling about laughing afterwards.

> Yep, it was a great moment. But it was in 2004.
> --
> John Hall

>      "I am not young enough to know everything."
>                                                  Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Mike Holman » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 05:23:15


Quote:

>I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
>Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
>just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

>Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
>blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

>Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
>after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
>though that the keeper had disloged the bails

Darren Gough going "Whoooooo!" and doing a ghost impersonation at
Shane Watson after the latter had spent the night scared of the
ghosties at Lumley Castle.

The look on Glenn McGrath's face when Ian Bell swatted him back over
his head for six.

Cheers,

Mike

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by apnacric.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 05:32:11

Quote:

> I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> though that the keeper had disloged the bails

> Shariq

Shahid Afridi playing with the pitch as the world just looked at him.
 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by shariq_ta.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 07:14:31

Quote:


> > I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> > Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> > just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> > Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> > blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> > Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> > after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> > though that the keeper had disloged the bails

> > Shariq

> Shahid Afridi playing with the pitch as the world just looked at him.

Oh that was funny indeed......I was like what the heck did he just
do..but you HAVE TO see the Kaneria tumble....it was hilarious....am so
glad that he avoided injury!
 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by alve » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 07:14:34


Define funny.

Ian Bell out lbw for fa while shouldering arms to a straight one from Warne
in T1 was a good giggle. Especially in the context that Bell was being
touted as a Great Gora Hope by some.

alvey

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by apnacric.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 09:05:47

Quote:
> Oh that was funny indeed......I was like what the heck did he just
> do..but you HAVE TO see the Kaneria tumble....it was hilarious....am so
> glad that he avoided injury!

I remember seeing that live indeed, lol. What was interesting was he
almost took a guy or two down WITH him that came to celebrate.

I need to find that day's play from the archives and clip it out.

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by vignes1.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 09:56:27

But, the funniest out, I thought was:
A Kumble  hit wicket b Adams  2

Kumple already played a shot, to Adams natural speed, only to realise
after finishing the shot that the ball was so so slow.

He tried again to come back a step or two to 'block the ball'.  In the
process, he dislodged the bails.

Quote:
>From CricInfo:

29.5 Adams to Kumble, OUT: well, that was bizarre to say the least,
        Adams totally losses control of the ball, bowls some kind of
long
        hop, that comes down very slowly, Kumble goes back and hits his
        own stumps with his bat

       India 116/7, Partnership of 2
       A Kumble  hit wicket b Adams  2 (10b 0x4 0x6)
       Yuvraj Singh 39* (56b 6x4) AR Adams 4.5-0-27-2 (2w)
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2002-03/IND_IN_NZ/SCORECARDS/IND_N...

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by apnacric.. » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 10:24:28

Only that was in 2003;)
Quote:

> But, the funniest out, I thought was:
> A Kumble  hit wicket b Adams  2

> Kumple already played a shot, to Adams natural speed, only to realise
> after finishing the shot that the ball was so so slow.

> He tried again to come back a step or two to 'block the ball'.  In the
> process, he dislodged the bails.

> >From CricInfo:
> 29.5 Adams to Kumble, OUT: well, that was bizarre to say the least,
>         Adams totally losses control of the ball, bowls some kind of
> long
>         hop, that comes down very slowly, Kumble goes back and hits his
>         own stumps with his bat

>        India 116/7, Partnership of 2
>        A Kumble  hit wicket b Adams  2 (10b 0x4 0x6)
>        Yuvraj Singh 39* (56b 6x4) AR Adams 4.5-0-27-2 (2w)
> http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2002-03/IND_IN_NZ/SCORECARDS/IND_N...

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Jaye » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 12:17:51

Quote:

> I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> though that the keeper had disloged the bails

> Shariq

The Mahwire-Mpofu runout to end the second NZ Zim test.

http://SportToday.org/

Discussed in
http://SportToday.org/

Regards,
Jayen

 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by JCC » Sun, 01 Jan 2006 23:26:19


Quote:
>I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> though that the keeper had disloged the bails

> Shariq

Funniest moment for me was when Ian Bell hit Glenn McGrath for 6 at Old
Trafford.   The cameras then cut to Michael Vaughan on the balcony who did a
sort of "Popeye" to Bell.   Apparently Bell gets a lot of stick from blokes
like Flintoff, Harmison etc for being a little bloke who can't hit sixes.
 
 
 

Funniest Moment In Cricket 2005

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Sat, 07 Jan 2006 08:23:21


Quote:


> > I reckon it was when Danish Kaneria got so e***d when he bowled
> > Flintoff first ball with a googly that while running towards Akmalhe
> > just lost his balance and tumbled quite comically

> > Afridi's Johnny Depp impersonation in Pirates of the Caribbean when
> > blowing a kiss to Fidel Edwards

> > Ganguly standing around unfazed when there was celebration around him
> > after Afridi disloged his stumps with a huge leg break. He really
> > though that the keeper had disloged the bails

> > Shariq

> The Mahwire-Mpofu runout to end the second NZ Zim test.

http://SportToday.org/

Good call.

I also enjoyed the way NZ afforded its inaugural Twenty20 international the
respect it deserved:
http://SportToday.org/

Andrew