Congrads Slater & Waugh

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Will Sutto » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00


One of Slaters best efforts and another fighting knock from
Steve Waugh.................

--
Will Sutton

http://www.users.bigpond.com/will_sutton/

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Matthew O'Neil » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> One of Slaters best efforts and another fighting knock from
> Steve Waugh.................

Don't expect the toads to say anything.

Everytime I mentioned the word "Gilchrist", I got a nice little
glare and shake of the head. He is nearly as hated as Benny.

It's funny, the main road leading into Brisbane City from the North
is "Gilchrist Ave". Always a reminder to the great man.

I had one good moment, someone was saying how good the Bullshits
were and I said, wait a min, just turning on the radio to see how
NSW are going in the Test match. Shut up quickly, especially when I
said Slater got 143 and S.Waugh was not out.

Regards,
Matthew.
ICQ 1444514

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by BCTA » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:


> > One of Slaters best efforts and another fighting knock from
> > Steve Waugh.................

> Don't expect the toads to say anything.

> Everytime I mentioned the word "Gilchrist", I got a nice little
> glare and shake of the head. He is nearly as hated as Benny.

This is absolute bolocks, Matthew,  Have you forgotten the terrific
ovation Gilchrist got from the "Gabba crowd during his first Test?

Quote:
> It's funny, the main road leading into Brisbane City from the North
> is "Gilchrist Ave".

It's Sandgate Road, actually.

Quote:
> I had one good moment, someone was saying how good the Bullshits
> were and I said, wait a min, just turning on the radio to see how
> NSW are going in the Test match. Shut up quickly, especially when I
> said Slater got 143 and S.Waugh was not out.

Why don't you tell us how many Slater averages against Queensland?

--

Cheers,
Christian Kelly

Previous applicants need not re-apply

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Matthew O'Neil » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:



> > > One of Slaters best efforts and another fighting knock from
> > > Steve Waugh.................

> > Don't expect the toads to say anything.

> > Everytime I mentioned the word "Gilchrist", I got a nice little
> > glare and shake of the head. He is nearly as hated as Benny.

> This is absolute bolocks, Matthew,  Have you forgotten the terrific
> ovation Gilchrist got from the "Gabba crowd during his first Test?

Or the bring back Healy cries.

Quote:
> > It's funny, the main road leading into Brisbane City from the North
> > is "Gilchrist Ave".

> It's Sandgate Road, actually.

OK, there's three roads. Kelvin Grove (north-west), Gilchrist
(north, road heading into Bruce Hwy) and Sandgate (north-east).

Quote:

> > I had one good moment, someone was saying how good the Bullshits
> > were and I said, wait a min, just turning on the radio to see how
> > NSW are going in the Test match. Shut up quickly, especially when I
> > said Slater got 143 and S.Waugh was not out.

> Why don't you tell us how many Slater averages against Queensland?

Why don't you compare the Test averages of all our openers?

I wonder who comes out well on top

Surely not Hayden   ROFL

Regards,
Matthew.
ICQ 1444514

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by MonoJoke » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00


Quote:

> > One of Slaters best efforts and another fighting knock from
> > Steve Waugh.................

> Don't expect the toads to say anything.

About as much as you said after the Bulldogs vs North Queensland game.  Or
about as much praise as I've seen you give Qld for winning the PMC this
year.  Keep pushing your***roach barrow but don't criticise others who are
only following your example.

Quote:
> Everytime I mentioned the word "Gilchrist", I got a nice little
> glare and shake of the head. He is nearly as hated as Benny.

> It's funny, the main road leading into Brisbane City from the North
> is "Gilchrist Ave". Always a reminder to the great man.

LOL we don't need a UBD lesson from you.

Quote:
> I had one good moment, someone was saying how good the Bullshits
> were and I said, wait a min, just turning on the radio to see how
> NSW are going in the Test match. Shut up quickly, especially when I
> said Slater got 143 and S.Waugh was not out.

Oh wow what a comeback!  How's the internal soul searching going at NSW that
I read about?  Lucky the Comets weren't in the PMC this year or NSW would
have been behind them too!

I assume from this statement you were at ABF for the PMC final?  If so I
hope you enjoyed Qld winning their 3rd title in 5 years.  I can imagine how
long this email would have been if Victoria managed to win.  Hahahah you
really are clutching at straws with this one.

Quote:
> Regards,
> Matthew.
> ICQ 1444514

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Will Sutto » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

">

Quote:
> I assume from this statement you were at ABF for the PMC final?  If so I
> hope you enjoyed Qld winning their 3rd title in 5 years.  I can imagine how
> long this email would have been if Victoria managed to win.  Hahahah you
> really are clutching at straws with this one.

Just one point..........how many Queenslanders played in the last Australian
Test side ?
 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by BCTA » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:



> > > I had one good moment, someone was saying how good the Bullshits
> > > were and I said, wait a min, just turning on the radio to see how
> > > NSW are going in the Test match. Shut up quickly, especially when I
> > > said Slater got 143 and S.Waugh was not out.

> > Why don't you tell us how many Slater averages against Queensland?

> Why don't you compare the Test averages of all our openers?

Why don't you play the ball and not the man?

--

Cheers,
Christian Kelly

Previous applicants need not re-apply

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by MonoJoke » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

*sigh* that's all it's about to some people.  You small minded individuals
can't see how the majority of Qlders support Australia regardless of who's
playing/not playing.  And regardless of who the wicketkeeper is.  People
like Matt O'Neill who turn the behaviour of 3 people into the supposed views
of 2 million+ are a perfect example.

"how many Queenslanders played..."?  OK so now you're not even contributing
if you don't actually "play" in the Test.  Nice attitude.  I suppose anyone
who makes the Olympic team and doesn't win a gold medal is in the same boat
in your view.

Straw clutching by the Qld bashers continues...


Quote:

> ">
> > I assume from this statement you were at ABF for the PMC final?  If so I
> > hope you enjoyed Qld winning their 3rd title in 5 years.  I can imagine
how
> > long this email would have been if Victoria managed to win.  Hahahah you
> > really are clutching at straws with this one.

> Just one point..........how many Queenslanders played in the last
Australian
> Test side ?

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Matthew O'Neil » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> Just one point..........how many Queenslanders played in the last Australian
> Test side ?

Let me see

NSW: 5
WA: 3
VIC: 1
TAS: 1
SA: 1
QLD: 0

Poor Queensland :)

It's a *** that Slater is ahead of Hayden, Gilchrist ahead of
Seccombe, Martyn ahead of Symonds, Lee ahead of Kasprowicz, Langer
ahead of Love, both Waugh's ahead of Law and Miller ahead of
Anderson. It's a total disgrace Queensland don't get more in the
side, even though the likes of Hayden have shown they can't handle
Test cricket, whereas Slater averages 45.

Regards,
Matthew.
ICQ 1444514

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Moby Dic » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> > > It's funny, the main road leading into Brisbane City from the North
> > > is "Gilchrist Ave".

> > It's Sandgate Road, actually.

> OK, there's three roads. Kelvin Grove (north-west), Gilchrist
> (north, road heading into Bruce Hwy) and Sandgate (north-east).

I really wonder about you, Matthew.. having spent time in Brisbane with
Walrus, I would have thought you had at least *some* idea of the northern
road network.. The *four* roads leading from the north side (from west
to east) are

Waterworks Rd.
Kelvin Grove Rd.
Gympie Rd.
Sandgate Rd.

Gilchrist *Ave* is a small road running between Kelvin Grove Rd. and
Gympie Rd fairly close to town.

Moby***.
The revolution is dead.  Long live the revolution.

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Matthew O'Neil » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> I really wonder about you, Matthew.. having spent time in Brisbane with
> Walrus, I would have thought you had at least *some* idea of the northern
> road network.. The *four* roads leading from the north side (from west
> to east) are

I do know northern Brisbane through the back of my hand. I forgot my
Brisbane map when I went up there but still got around everywhere
without ever once being lost.

Quote:
> Waterworks Rd.

West.

Quote:
> Kelvin Grove Rd.
> Gympie Rd.
> Sandgate Rd.

> Gilchrist *Ave* is a small road running between Kelvin Grove Rd. and
> Gympie Rd fairly close to town.

But still good to drive along Gilchrist Ave in the heart of Brisbane
that helps links to the city to the north.

Regards,
Matthew.
ICQ 1444514

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Moby Dic » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:


> > I really wonder about you, Matthew.. having spent time in Brisbane with
> > Walrus, I would have thought you had at least *some* idea of the northern
> > road network.. The *four* roads leading from the north side (from west
> > to east) are

> I do know northern Brisbane through the back of my hand. I forgot my
> Brisbane map when I went up there but still got around everywhere
> without ever once being lost.

> > Waterworks Rd.

> West.

North West... it's well north of the river.
Coronation Drive and Milton Rd are West.

Quote:
> > Kelvin Grove Rd.
> > Gympie Rd.
> > Sandgate Rd.

> > Gilchrist *Ave* is a small road running between Kelvin Grove Rd. and
> > Gympie Rd fairly close to town.

> But still good to drive along Gilchrist Ave in the heart of Brisbane
> that helps links to the city to the north.

No.. it's a ***y terrible way to get to or from Brisbane. (unless you
want to get to you know who's place.. and *no one* wants to go there :) )

Moby***.
The revolution is dead.  Long live the revolution.

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by John P Darc » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> "how many Queenslanders played..."?  OK so now you're not even contributing
> if you don't actually "play" in the Test.  Nice attitude.  I suppose anyone
> who makes the Olympic team and doesn't win a gold medal is in the same boat
> in your view.

That will be all but about three of them, I fear.

--
Cheers

John

===============================================
 GGG    OOO    Red Sox     }
G   G  O   O   Roosters     }   one of them
G      O   O   Blues         }  has to win
G  GG  O   O   Seahawks     }   *someday* ...
 G  G   OOO    Gunners     }
===============================================

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Brendan Mahon » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:

> "how many Queenslanders played..."?  OK so now you're not even contributing
> if you don't actually "play" in the Test.  Nice attitude.

Well judging by the team photo on front of the Australian you aren't
contributing even if you are in the test squad.

The only reason Hayden isn't playing is personal enmity.

--

Brendan Mahony
South Australia

 
 
 

Congrads Slater & Waugh

Post by Colin Kynoc » Thu, 30 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:


> > "how many Queenslanders played..."?  OK so now you're not even contributing
> > if you don't actually "play" in the Test.  Nice attitude.

> Well judging by the team photo on front of the Australian you aren't
> contributing even if you are in the test squad.

> The only reason Hayden isn't playing is personal enmity.

***

Colin Kynoch