Record: Test Match Ducks

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Vicky B. Vigneswar » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 14:28:11


We heard a lot about 43 Test ducks by Courtney Walsh.

We also know that the #2 spot has been hotly contested by Warne and
McGrath.  Warne got 30 of them with McGrath hot on his heels with 28.

Then, of course, 'young Murali' is not far from these Aussie bowlers
with 25.

Interestingly, there are two top order batsmne with 20 or more ducks.
Steve Waugh got 22 ducks and Atherton collected 20 of them.

However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

Vicky:

 
 
 

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Afzal A. Kha » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:24:27

Quote:

> However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
> young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
> morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

> Vicky:

         Atapattu was dismissed LBW (off Shaib Akhtar) for
         a duck.  Interestingly, the officiating umpires are
         Bowden and Bucknor !

         A. A. Khan

 
 
 

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Chan Fonse » Thu, 21 Oct 2004 23:26:48


Quote:
> We heard a lot about 43 Test ducks by Courtney Walsh.

> We also know that the #2 spot has been hotly contested by Warne and
> McGrath.  Warne got 30 of them with McGrath hot on his heels with 28.

> Then, of course, 'young Murali' is not far from these Aussie bowlers
> with 25.

> Interestingly, there are two top order batsmne with 20 or more ducks.
> Steve Waugh got 22 ducks and Atherton collected 20 of them.

> However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
> young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
> morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

yeah but he had a jump start to his career.

- Chan

Quote:

> Vicky:


 
 
 

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Peter Mas » Fri, 22 Oct 2004 06:29:53


Quote:

> > However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
> > young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
> > morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

> > Vicky:

>          Atapattu was dismissed LBW (off Shaib Akhtar) for
>          a duck.  Interestingly, the officiating umpires are
>          Bowden and Bucknor !

>          A. A. Khan

"An angled delivery from Shoaib pitched on middle, cut in a shade and
struck the back leg"
So, what's your point? May i ask, Mr Afzal.

vez

 
 
 

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Hawk E » Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:53:22

Quote:
> However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
> young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
> morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

Make that 21!
 
 
 

Record: Test Match Ducks

Post by Dipak Bas » Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:02:00


Quote:
> > However, these records are under serious threat from another 'still
> > young' batsman.  The Sri Lankan Atapattu just made his 20th duck this
> > morning.  He was 0 not out twice as well.

> Make that 21!

Marvan must be very high on the list of pairs.  He got a few early in his
career iirc.

Does anyone have a list of most pair achievers?

Dipak.