Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Ra » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:11:43


http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/NZXX0003?lswe=auckland,NZ...

Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
in the past 2 days..

 
 
 

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Mr Sceb » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:40:41


http://SportToday.org/,NZ...
eatherLocalUndeclared

Quote:

> Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
> be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
> in the past 2 days..

It's been raining (heavily) all week. I expect i'll spend the day watching
Aus v Eng.

--
Mr Scebe
Losers always whine about their 'best'.
Winners go home and *** the prom queen".
~Sean Connery in "The Rock"

 
 
 

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Anal » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:00:55

Quote:

> http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/NZXX0003?lswe=auckland,NZ...

> Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
> be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
> in the past 2 days..

Another example of the inept cricket adminsitration in that tiny atoll
...

.

 
 
 

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Colin Kynoc » Sat, 11 Jan 2003 14:14:31

Quote:


>>http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/NZXX0003?lswe=auckland,NZ...

>>Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
>>be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
>>in the past 2 days..

> Another example of the inept cricket adminsitration in that tiny atoll
> ...

Nice work Cicero

Colin Kynoch

 
 
 

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:40:26


http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/NZXX0003?lswe=auckland,NZ...
eatherLocalUndeclared

Quote:

> > Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
> > be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
> > in the past 2 days..

> Another example of the inept cricket adminsitration in that tiny atoll
> ...

That's a bit harsh methinks.  It isn't easy organising international cricket
matches here, what with tidal waves constantly swamping the pitch and prima
donna boundary fieldsman always complaining about cutting themselves on the
coral.

Still, it does at least explain why Eden Park's playing area is such an odd
shape.  Also provides a plausible explanation for the derivation of the
expression "fielding in the ring".

Andrew

 
 
 

Looks like weather is bad for tomorrow's auckland odi?

Post by Colin Kynoc » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 13:59:42

Quote:




> http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/NZXX0003?lswe=auckland,NZ...
> eatherLocalUndeclared

>>>Light rain in forecast for saturday.....Hopefully the match will not
>>>be a wash-out...And looks like it has been raining a bit in auckland
>>>in the past 2 days..

>>Another example of the inept cricket adminsitration in that tiny atoll
>>...

> That's a bit harsh methinks.  It isn't easy organising international cricket
> matches here, what with tidal waves constantly swamping the pitch and prima
> donna boundary fieldsman always complaining about cutting themselves on the
> coral.

> Still, it does at least explain why Eden Park's playing area is such an odd
> shape.  Also provides a plausible explanation for the derivation of the
> expression "fielding in the ring".

Careful with that term Andrew, with some of the posts here lately it
could take on a completely different meaning altogether.

Colin Kynoch