All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Paul Robso » Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:15:51


In deference to the information provided by the Sri Lankan tourist board, I
present to you the RSC all new tipping competition (England v Sri Lanka).

All you have to do is predict what will happen during each session of the
test match, and the highest score at the end of the series wins a prize. I
don't respond to any of their posts for a week.

Each occurrence in a session has a point value. Your point value can total
no more than 8. Pick what you think is most likely to happen !

Score 3 Points For

A - the ground is flooded to invisibility after hours of torrential rain
B - a hurricane removes the stumps and impales the third umpire with them
C-  teams have to wear diving suits to get in their dressing rooms.

Score 2 Points for

D - teams actually get out on the field but are beaten back by a tidal wave.
E - umpires think play can start in the same day as their inspection is made
F - covers are removed without the aid of snorkelling equipment.

Score 1 Point for

G - a ball is bowled but gets stuck in an river flowing across the wicket
H - a player being give not out because the bails floated off the the stumps
I - any batsman being caught by a passing fish.

Enter now !

 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Cricketislife » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 00:29:47

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 14:15:51 +0000, Paul Robson

<snip>

Piss weak Robson.

See this n Weep

http://www.cleaverproperty.co.uk/strange/hampshire/brambles.html

or this
http://www.cricket-on-ice.com/Gallery%20Pictures%202001/Gallery%20Pic...

And btw Dilip Vengsarkar has also a word or two to say
at
http://www.cricketnext.com/features1/vengsarkar/vengsarkar015.htm

 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Larry de Silv » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 07:42:15



Quote:
> In deference to the information provided by the Sri Lankan tourist board,
I
> present to you the RSC all new tipping competition (England v Sri Lanka).

> All you have to do is predict what will happen during each session of the
> test match, and the highest score at the end of the series wins a prize. I
> don't respond to any of their posts for a week.

> Each occurrence in a session has a point value. Your point value can total
> no more than 8. Pick what you think is most likely to happen !

> Score 3 Points For

> A - the ground is flooded to invisibility after hours of torrential rain
> B - a hurricane removes the stumps and impales the third umpire with them
> C-  teams have to wear diving suits to get in their dressing rooms.

> Score 2 Points for

> D - teams actually get out on the field but are beaten back by a tidal
wave.
> E - umpires think play can start in the same day as their inspection is
made
> F - covers are removed without the aid of snorkelling equipment.

> Score 1 Point for

> G - a ball is bowled but gets stuck in an river flowing across the wicket
> H - a player being give not out because the bails floated off the the
stumps
> I - any batsman being caught by a passing fish.

> Enter now !

This sounds more like the old dart than Sri Lanka dude!!!

Lame effort Robson. Try again dude.

Laz

 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by linu » Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:28:51



Quote:
> In deference to the information provided by the Sri Lankan tourist board,
I
> present to you the RSC all new tipping competition (England v Sri Lanka).

> All you have to do is predict what will happen during each session of the
> test match, and the highest score at the end of the series wins a prize. I
> don't respond to any of their posts for a week.

> Each occurrence in a session has a point value. Your point value can total
> no more than 8. Pick what you think is most likely to happen !

> Score 3 Points For

> A - the ground is flooded to invisibility after hours of torrential rain
> B - a hurricane removes the stumps and impales the third umpire with them
> C-  teams have to wear diving suits to get in their dressing rooms.

> Score 2 Points for

> D - teams actually get out on the field but are beaten back by a tidal
wave.
> E - umpires think play can start in the same day as their inspection is
made
> F - covers are removed without the aid of snorkelling equipment.

> Score 1 Point for

> G - a ball is bowled but gets stuck in an river flowing across the wicket
> H - a player being give not out because the bails floated off the the
stumps
> I - any batsman being caught by a passing fish.

> Enter now !

This is suppose to be funny?
 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by alve » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 05:07:36

Am severely pissed off that this series isn't being shown on Foxtel (we
had the last SL v Eng series iirc) as I was interested in the
possibilities arising from having a large number of poms at the ground.
In particular, how would Merrily react to hundreds of poms singing
'Throw throw throw the ball...' etc. Pity, could have been good television.

alvey

 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Paul Robso » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 06:02:04

Quote:


> Am severely pissed off that this series isn't being shown on Foxtel (we
> had the last SL v Eng series iirc) as I was interested in the
> possibilities arising from having a large number of poms at the ground.
> In particular, how would Merrily react to hundreds of poms singing
> 'Throw throw throw the ball...' etc. Pity, could have been good
> television.

It is being shown on Foxtel, but the programme name got changed to "Great
Floods of our time" for some reason. If you peer between the waves you can
make out Flintoff bowling.
 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Larry de Silv » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 11:26:45



Quote:


> > Am severely pissed off that this series isn't being shown on Foxtel (we
> > had the last SL v Eng series iirc) as I was interested in the
> > possibilities arising from having a large number of poms at the ground.
> > In particular, how would Merrily react to hundreds of poms singing
> > 'Throw throw throw the ball...' etc. Pity, could have been good
> > television.

> It is being shown on Foxtel, but the programme name got changed to "Great
> Floods of our time" for some reason. If you peer between the waves you can
> make out Flintoff bowling.

ROFLMAO!! You are away with the pixies again Paul!! Paul's pixies!!

Like it NEVER rains in England!!

(Or anywhere else for that matter, except Califonia according to some
songwriter)

 
 
 

All RSC SriLanka v Eng Tipping Competition (ARSE TIP COMP)

Post by Paul Robso » Sun, 30 Nov 2003 18:11:06

Quote:





>> > Am severely pissed off that this series isn't being shown on Foxtel (we
>> > had the last SL v Eng series iirc) as I was interested in the
>> > possibilities arising from having a large number of poms at the ground.
>> > In particular, how would Merrily react to hundreds of poms singing
>> > 'Throw throw throw the ball...' etc. Pity, could have been good
>> > television.

>> It is being shown on Foxtel, but the programme name got changed to "Great
>> Floods of our time" for some reason. If you peer between the waves you
>> can make out Flintoff bowling.

> ROFLMAO!! You are away with the pixies again Paul!! Paul's pixies!!

> Like it NEVER rains in England!!

> (Or anywhere else for that matter, except Califonia according to some
> songwriter)

No, of course it does, but the rain seems to be unusually persistent, which
apparently is because it is near the monsoon season..... why are we touring
Sri Lanka in the monsoon season ? So far, we've had one very short ODO and
a decent chunk of the warm up game, everything else has been rained off.