Ind - Aus match etc.etc..

Ind - Aus match etc.etc..

Post by Dhruba J. Chatterj » Wed, 04 Mar 1992 07:26:04


       What a match was it for India. But still I think that Azhar's dimissal was not the turning point of the match. Of course, much of the credit for his dismissal goes to Border himself.
       I think that there were two turning points of the match

 1) The run out of Manjrekar, which I think was just a suicide (`cos he ran the ball directly down two McDermott, who has the most powerful arm and is quite well known for his low, fast and accurate throws to the wkeeper). I think here Manjrekar showed signs of inexperience.

and
 2) More, after getting 2 fours off the first 2 deliveries of the last
over and requiring only five from the last 4, should've gone for
 singles/doubles for the next two, and if it didnot pay off, for a big hit on the 5th. I am sure he could have easily got 3 from the 3rd and the 4th, and it would've been much easier for anybody to go for 2 even of the last delivery. But, More showed his immaturity and went for the big hit when Moody, getting knocked 2- 4s off the first 2, was going for his best delivery. Matters became much more difficult for the newcomer on that stage, which eventually cost India the match only by 1 run!

       Of course India are having a bad patch both due to their performance and the rain. But some netter (of course from Pakistan), was trying to convince us that it was good luck for England that the ENG-PAK game was stopped!! Either this guy doesnt know much about cricket, or thinks that every other team performs as Pakistan performed that day, or is too Pakistan-i.

       In a world cup match, whatever may be the condition of the pitch,
 any team is at least 95% expected to make 40 in 7-8 overs with 9 wickets in hand. There is only a 5% chance that the team will perform like Pakistan (that day) and will fail to do it. So, try to accept the fact my Pak friends, you were lucky that day to escape with 1 point. Could ONE TRUE PAKISTAN-I please mail something to let us know that you really acknowledge that Pak was lucky that day. This will help us know you guys a bit better!

Thanking you for your time and patience,

DJ

 
 
 

Ind - Aus match etc.etc..

Post by D. Salman [Quintessential] Azh » Wed, 04 Mar 1992 08:58:34


Quote:
>       Of course India are having a bad patch both due to their performance and the rain. But some netter (of course from Pakistan), was trying to convince us that it was good luck for England that the ENG-PAK game was stopped!! Either this guy doesnt know much about cricket, or thinks that every other team performs as Pakistan performed that day, or is too Pakistan-i.

           Eng was required to score 40 runs off 7 overs when the match
was stopped. On that pitch and conditions it would have been a tall
order. So, whoever said that was well-acqauinted with the rule of
cricket, even though it would be hard for an *unbiased* gentleman like
yourself to be convinced. :-) Anyway, I maintain my judgement since it
was raining pigs and cows when England came out to bat.

           If England were required to score 75 runs in 50 overs against
the "immasculated" Pakistani attack, then I would not bet a penny on
Pakistan.

Quote:
>       In a world cup match, whatever may be the condition of the pitch,
> any team is at least 95% expected to make 40 in 7-8 overs with 9
>wickets in hand.

           Everyone is entitled to their *unbiased* judgement.

Quote:
>There is only a 5% chance that the team will perform
>like Pakistan (that day) and will fail to do it. So, try to accept the
>fact my Pak friends, you were lucky that day to escape with 1 point.
>Could ONE TRUE PAKISTAN-I please mail something to let us know that
>you really acknowledge that   Pak was lucky that day. This will help
>us know you guys a bit better!

           I will, I will! :-) As long as it makes Mr. Chatterjee feel
better. :-) However, we msut realize that two individual's cricketing
sense sometimes leads them to different conclusions, regardless of
being a Pakistani as I was accused of being due to my muslim sounding
name :-).

Quote:
>Thanking you for your time and patience,
>DJ

           Anytime, my friend, anytime!

Salman [can't score 75 on a sticky wicket] Azhar

--
``I will pass you in a small boat trapped by stormy seas, without
saying a word. Perhaps, there is nothing to say, and there is no time
for words. In these situations, words lose their meanings.''
          ----- D. Salman [Quintessential] Azhar

 
 
 

Ind - Aus match etc.etc..

Post by Mr. Raza Sy » Wed, 04 Mar 1992 11:50:46


Quote:

>       In a world cup match, whatever may be the condition of the pitch,
> any team is at least 95% expected to make 40 in 7-8 overs with 9 wickets in hand. There is only a 5% chance that the team will perform like Pakistan (that day) and will fail to do it. So, try to accept the fact my Pak friends, you were lucky that day to
>escape with 1 point. Could ONE TRUE PAKISTAN-I please mail something to let us know that you really acknowledge that Pak was lucky that day. This will help us know you guys a bit better!

>Thanking you for your time and patience,

>DJ

Many Many people acknowledge that already, but what is our fault in that?
It seems that some people(only few) are mourning india's loss more b/c
pakistan get away with a point in a match which seems to 99% won by the
opposing team.

Regarding 40 runs 7-8 overs regardless of the pitch and conditions, there
is every possibilty that a team might fail to achieve this target, there
are many many examples of that. As for the case of pakistan, pakistan
has did that many a times esp in the last 6-8 years.

S.R.Raza.