> >Are we (i.e. Indians and Pakistanis) the same people?
> Are Irish from the 6 counties British?
I actually thought I'd get screwed on this post and felt I deserved to
get screwed coz of the way I was arguing with Don...was mentally ready
to get slapped all over....its funny how sometimes when you don't feel
things genuinely it becomes so difficult to say something as simple as
"yes we are the same" even though by you saying that you will be
making a person you probably don't like for bringing up the issue,
> > On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 15:36:50 -0800 (PST), Nirvanam
> > >Are we (i.e. Indians and Pakistanis) the same people?
> > No.
> > Are Irish from the 6 counties British?
> > max.it
> More important, are the Germans who play for different countries
> (Steyn, Warne etc.) the same people?
Couple of reminders:
1. There is a Rana Naved and a Rao Iftikhar in the team. Are they
trying to hide their clans?
2. I think you have made a most vehement argument for the
differentiation of the two (more vehement than I have heard elsewhere)
"Why should we? We ARE NOT THE SAME PEOPLE. The sooner you understand
this the better it is. Look Islam cannot be rectified...it is beyond
repair...it CANNOT be repaired...either islam exists or humanity
exists. What more the bastard Mo himself has built it into his crazy
ideology that fellow muslims will fight and kill each other. "
You are the one infact making a cultural differentiation based on
religion even if people live in the same country:)
3. Most countries have borders with other countries and there is cross
over across the border. That does not make them the same country. Is
all of Europe a same country? Is Australia the same country as New
Zealand or England or the US? If you believe in evolution than all
mankind and for that matter all life on earth has a common source. So
yes all people are the same people. Should it be all one country or
not? That is a political question and an indication of differences or
similarities based on many ideas. Even if you look at the
subcontinent. It was brought together under many different rulers but
also at many other times many different empires or states existed
within. What are the boundaries of this ideal exactly that you define?
Even undermughals and before then as well the boundaries always
shifted and though the Mughals may have been the *** force other
1. Pakistani rsc'ers: Are Pakistanis and Indians the same people?
2. ALL RSC'ERS - PLEASE READ SHRIPATHI KAMATHs GREAT LOGIC
3. Happy new year fellow RSC'ers
6. Windies win: Attn Indian RSC'ers
11. ot: for boston-area rsc'ers
12. (OT): Happy Diwali and Eid to RSC'ers
13. Racism of Indian media and rsc'ers against Lax
14. Message from dp (Any rsc'ers in Colombo?)