good last session for SA

good last session for SA

Post by SA » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:19:59


Must admit when Hayden and Ponting were going great guns I thought 400-500
was in the offing
I was ready to *** Nel for dropping Ponting on 17
I suppose he redeemed himself a bit

Pollock bowled well and all the guys really performed in the last session.
They key was that wicket just before tea

With some luck SA will keep Aus to around 250
Then  for my next Christmas wish.
Smith to get in and stay in
And Kallis to have a great innings

Am worried about batting last. Without a decent lead SA could be in trouble

Question
- How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by Bob Duber » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 17:52:16

Quote:

> Question
> - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?

Nel is showing alarming signs of intelligence.

He did Warne nicely. He'd seen that Warne was looking to drive and
served him up on that was a little slower and a little wider. Bingo!

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by Ian Galbrait » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 19:46:58

Quote:

> Must admit when Hayden and Ponting were going great guns I thought 400-500
> was in the offing
> I was ready to *** Nel for dropping Ponting on 17
> I suppose he redeemed himself a bit

A bit??? He almost singlehandedly put SA into the position of winning day 1
when the entire test could have been lost.

[snip]

Quote:
> Question
> - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?

Out of 10
Pollock 7
Nel 8
Ntini 4
Boje 5
Kallis 6

--
You Can't Stop The Signal

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by SA » Tue, 27 Dec 2005 22:55:07


Quote:

>> Must admit when Hayden and Ponting were going great guns I thought
>> 400-500
>> was in the offing
>> I was ready to *** Nel for dropping Ponting on 17
>> I suppose he redeemed himself a bit

> A bit??? He almost singlehandedly put SA into the position of winning day
> 1
> when the entire test could have been lost.

> [snip]
>> Question
>> - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?

> Out of 10
> Pollock 7
> Nel 8
> Ntini 4
> Boje 5
> Kallis 6

Well a little understatement can't hurt
A bit of me can't help being greedy. If he had got that catch and bowled
well.....
 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by RodP » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 04:50:01


Bob Dubery says...

Quote:


> > Question
> > - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?
> Nel is showing alarming signs of intelligence.

> He did Warne nicely. He'd seen that Warne was looking to drive and
> served him up on that was a little slower and a little wider. Bingo!

I'm wondering who was the instigator of the incident a few overs
before that had them both having a go at each other.

I had the feeling Nel was getting stuck in and Warne wasn't taking a
step back, this probably caused Warne to want to smack Nel around the
park, ending in a pretty woeful shot.

So not only did he serve up a great ball for Warne to dolly a catch,
I'm sure he also gave him some niggle to get him riled up to go
after him.

Out thought, out played.

--
Cheers,
Rod.

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by JM » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 05:42:49


Quote:

> Bob Dubery says...


>> > Question
>> > - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?
>> Nel is showing alarming signs of intelligence.

>> He did Warne nicely. He'd seen that Warne was looking to drive and
>> served him up on that was a little slower and a little wider. Bingo!

> I'm wondering who was the instigator of the incident a few overs
> before that had them both having a go at each other.

> I had the feeling Nel was getting stuck in and Warne wasn't taking a
> step back, this probably caused Warne to want to smack Nel around the
> park, ending in a pretty woeful shot.

> So not only did he serve up a great ball for Warne to dolly a catch,
> I'm sure he also gave him some niggle to get him riled up to go
> after him.

> Out thought, out played.

> --
> Cheers,
> Rod.

Warne was pretty much playing his natural game.  Talk or not, I think he
would have thrown his bat at that delivery.  I have a feeling that Smith had
a bit to say as well.  Warne will give it back twice as bad when he bowls
today.
 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by alve » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 09:38:24

snip

Quote:
>> Question
>> - How would you score the individual SA bowlers performance?

Remarkable. Mine has a significant difference.

Quote:
> Out of 10
> Pollock 7/8
> Nel 8/5
> Ntini 4/4
> Boje 5/5
> Kallis 6/7

Nel was the boweler most suited by the conditions but he didn't maximise
them by refusing to bowl the correct length consistently. The pitch was
truest in the middle and that's where his fast bowler's mentality wanted to
put one or two an over. Had he kept pitching it a bit fuller then it would
have been landing in the damp area which was providing the difficulties.
He'd also have been shedloads less expensive. (How many square shots did
Punter score off him?)

And btw, there's not been anywhere near enough credit given to Hayden and
Ponting for their stand. They were tough batting conditions.

alvey

alvey

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by Ian Galbrait » Wed, 28 Dec 2005 13:47:16

[snip]

Quote:
> And btw, there's not been anywhere near enough credit given to Hayden and
> Ponting for their stand. They were tough batting conditions.

Yup it was an outstanding defensive performance from both of them.

--
You Can't Stop The Signal

 
 
 

good last session for SA

Post by Andrew Dunfor » Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:51:01


Quote:

> [snip]

> > And btw, there's not been anywhere near enough credit given to Hayden
and
> > Ponting for their stand. They were tough batting conditions.

> Yup it was an outstanding defensive performance from both of them.

Which gets people moaning about the slow scoring rate.

Andrew