> Irrespective which teams or players played in anything named, from the
> time the Ashes began to present day, what are currently your 3 (or
> even 4) personal favourite Ashes moments in cricket (in terms of play
> and/or anything else) and please separately say why, for each fave
> moment mentioned
> Obviously if anything mentioned occurred before you were born and
> you've only read about it, it's still ok to mention it, but most would
> nominate fave moments seen in person and/or on TV.
On TV / radio:
1. Border and Thommo partnership, MCG, 1982/83.
2. That Ball, Old Trafford, 1993.
3. GB and Kaspa partnership, Edgebaston, 2005.
In the flesh:
1. Gabba 2002/03, announcement over the PA: "England have won the toss"
(Barmy Army goes ballistic) "and chosen to field" (How we laughed. Oz
2/364 at stumps on D1).
2. Gabba 1994/95, Slater smashing the first ball of the series from noted
pie chucker Mccague to the cover point boundary. Tuffers misfielded a ball
on the fine leg boundary in front of us shortly after. It went through for
four, which was a nice follow up.
3. Gabba 2006/07, Aust made 600. Late on D2, England had to negotiate
seven*** overs. After a solid start, they lost Strauss and Cook in
consecutive balls to McGrath, and we all knew the Ashes were coming home